Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

5 Ways To Get Your Mind Focused When It Seems As If You Don’t Own The Mind - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Ways To Get Your Mind Focused When It Seems As If You Don’t Own The Mind (565 Views)

A Focused One And Who Is A Focuse One / Sometimes You Don’t Get A Chance / Omo-ekun: Miles Of The Mind: Poetry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Get Your Mind Focused When It Seems As If You Don’t Own The Mind by achibabes: 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Most times, it seems to me that I don’t own my mind, and that it has choices of its own. I want it to focus, generate ideas, be constructive and be creative … (Most often, that I should be in charge) And it is busy with it’s own task list. It wanders off into past, future, movies, books, conversations … anything and everything except where I want it to be. Times like these have been really frustrating and a cause of lot of unhappiness. Especially, when a targets had been set and I need to meet up. So I need to be focus and be productive.
This was real till I found solution to work with my mind. Here are 5ways to get your mind to focus when it doesn’t seem to be yours :
1. Do not overload
Pick up one issue at a time and deal with it. Don’t bother about others as at then. Be as fast as you can with whatever issue you have picked up. Not worrying or trying to focus on other issues will help finishing off tasks faster.
2. Deal with it as you would deal with a kid
Guess its funny right? But it’s the truth. The first thing to do is to stop getting agitated about not being in control, you need to take charge. The more we resist, the more the problem persists. It’s as if our mind is like a child. The more we ask it not to do something, the more it does the same and repeat it. So, if we don’t resist it, what do we do? We allow it to be where it is.
3. Let the mind vent out
Sure! Good point I think; sometimes, listening is not enough, but talking also does much. We need to share with someone and offload things within. There could be some sad moments, some worry, some pulling thought, if mind could just share with someone or write down, it would be enough to settle down.
3. Be specific with the requirements of the mind
Be specific what is it that you need to do. And what are the reasons you want to do them. Confused, unclear instructions will not yield satisfactory output. Calm yourself and state in simple and clear language the list of things that need to be done.
5. Have a leisure time and get refreshed.
Sometimes all that’s needed is a little bit of refreshment. Some people hardly get the time to pull off there worries.” All work and no play, make jack a dull boy”. You need to take breaks and easy your mind. And there are so many ways to do this in small amount of time.
You can always get refreshed by:
a. Going for a walk in nature
b. hanging out with your loved ones
c. Take a bath when stressed
d. Medidate
e. Hear some good music
Re: 5 Ways To Get Your Mind Focused When It Seems As If You Don’t Own The Mind by OmniSparrow: 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
F. Good se.x

(1) (Reply)

Cuddy Buddies Yes/no? / When Do You Start To Like Writing? / Have You Been To Hello Poetry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.