Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama (25555 Views)

Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Vote For Vincent Enyeama As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by jrhymes(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
My advice 4 super eagles safe hands. Is to look down on critics. Cus 2 baba rightly sang that "if nobody talks about then u are no body..."
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by yuzedo: 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
achi4u: My guy ur correct instead of that guy to counter ur arguments which is FACT he turns around to insult.

Enyeama remains the BEST goalie naija ever produce.
Thanks bro. So can i sent my accant nomber for MTN richard card money? wink
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
ypzilanti: Very foolish victim mentality. Most players in national team are minority tribes...at least compared to their population in the country. it has never been a problem for Nigerians, and he still is the number one keeper. he should just shut up.
Most players from the national team are not from the minority tribes.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by smartjyke(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
991: I hope he has not joined Osaze in Twitter-Football-Club.
i hope so ooo because if he dear tries it he will regret it !
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by jfkenny(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
enyeama does football speak igbo or yoruba.Wots ur wahala do you want to be osaze is dis hw men talk....
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by eyennyin: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
Maybe he wants to collect from 'donatus' Akpabio. Akpabio, ur town boy is wailing ooo. Notice him na. I will advice vincent to be confident. We hv passed that level of tribal talk
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
It's obvious that someone has lost knowledge of who he is and who is forebears were. "Enyeama is an Igbo name" it doesn't take a genius to figure that out and something might have happened to have cleave us( Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Rivers) from the Igbos. 80% of us bear igbo last name. Have you care to ask your forbears how did they come into using igbo last names? This is common sense.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Remzolution: 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
So many of you don't bother to read the body of the post and a few that manage to don't read in-between the lines b4 commenting, may be that goes a long way to highlight ur heightened lopsidedness/paranoia @d merely sighting d word TRIBE.
Whether or not Enyeama granted this interview or it's just someone's shot @ publicity d@'s threatening to run down his image, I may not know! But from my discretion, and going by what the Op said; the young man believes the criticisms are vocal, in other words they're outspoken owing to d fact that he isn't a majority. He wasn't talking about mere criticisms, ofcourse everyone gets criticized, he was talking about a clear case of me-against-them; where everyone sees ur flaws harshly but ur family ...and I believe CRITICISM wasn't the crux of the discussion, it might have been one of the minor questions that reporters ask to roundup their reports.
Going by his pedigree u'll agree that he's the best the country has produced lately if not ever. His criticisms came widely @d prime of his career, yet amidst it all, he stood tall and held tight to them leather gloves. Always diving headlong to make u shout " oh my god if not for Enyeama", always the most patriotic in the team, always the live wire of the team and their confidence...@ ds point d@ the criticisms came in torrents he didn't squeal right? So if he chooses to talk about it now, shut ur mouths up cause this is a man that has been there, done it, and worn it as shield and armor. Infact, I urge u all to learn from him.
Unequivocally, the heavy influx of unexamined comments from all ur tribal/sentimental standpoints is what he was talking about, and here you are proving him right to his chagrin. Igbo+hausa+yoruba = three heavily laden gravel trucks headed 4d cliff edge, just a matter of time...!
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by chumakk: 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
miredia: learn to read man. Your reliance on expo and chukuli is taking a huge toll on u.
kai! lol
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by tailor(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
vicent enyama Goolkeper/ akwa ibom emeka enyama/ commisioner abia state
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Jomark(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
He is feeling sleepy!
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by ini4brandon(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
yuzedo:
Enyeama should shattap! I love him , and he is Nigeria's best goalkeeper ever, but this indeed was an 1diotic statement.
inem(his house name) enyeama,tho being ur kinsman, I totally disagree with you. See tins objectively. even icons e.g mandela was criticized. dont read hidden meanings. maybe more humility might help.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Join my blog site www.leystradamus..com where you find anything you are looking for Be it News, Educative materials, sports and so on... Your comments will also be needed there...
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by owobokiri(m): 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
yuzedo:
Enyeama should shattap! I love him , and he is Nigeria's best goalkeeper ever, but this indeed was an 1diotic statement.

Best gini? Better than Peter Rufai? Abegi make we hear word.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Gudiza(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
Just saw the goal that was scored against Nigeria in our Kenya match and that free kick was spectacular.
My friend asked me to check it out cos it definitely belonged to Champions League.

dat goal no b for here.

Also, I thought you were igbo, to me you are still an igbo man.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by kcsider: 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
Biko onye kpotara nwataa bu Enyema here?
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Nicepoker(m): 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
dominique:

Me too o
when he was being praised for his exceptional saves, he didn't remember he's from a minority tribe abi? He should park well abeg.
that minority region moves the economy of this country. Infact u talk lyk an uncircumsised fool.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by hikmoj(m): 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Was he dreamin d time he utterd dis statement?
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by 1forall: 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nicepoker: that minority region moves the economy of this country. Infact u talk lyk an uncircumsised fool.

And you talk like...? Do you actually understand when you read things?
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by miky(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
So funny how Nigerians are so gullible... Best April fool
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by blocker: 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
grin grin For all of y'all information Enyeama has made similar comments at Enyimba after Dele Aiyinugba temporarily replaced him as No 1 goalie after winning CAF champions league back to back in 2004. Its nothing new really.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Meristem: 5:08am On Apr 03, 2013
Wow. No wonder dey say if someone hasnt opened his mouth u wont know how full of sheet he is. Im disappointed dat young enyeama has decided to play tribal politic a la bamang-atiku grin. Right now i have made a rock solid resolve to always criticize the only goal basket in the nigerian team-ENYEAMA grin
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by ayomidefalaye(m): 5:08am On Apr 03, 2013
U are not serious
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Meristem: 5:25am On Apr 03, 2013
ayomide falaye: U are not serious
No wonder he looks more like a swimmer than a goalie. Diving indiscriminately yet no saves! cheesy
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Engineer1985(m): 5:26am On Apr 03, 2013
The comments on this thread alone is enough to confirm what the guy has said. Just because he complained about the way he's been treatd in the national team, see the magnitude of abuses heaped on him by nairalanders.
Well, i'm not really suprised cos I schooled in an Igbo land and I know what I passd through there. Despite being one of the best students in my department, people still looked down on me, call me all kinds of demeaning names and never believed in my abilities. So I really understand what my brother is passing through in the national team cos people from the majority ethnic groups would rather want their brothers there despite the fact that he's the best.
And for those of you who feel Enyeama should be or is an igbo, you are all day dreaming. Note the difference between these two names: Enyeama and Enyama. The first is an Akwa Ibom name meaning, 'the owner cherishes' and the latter is an Igbo name...don't know the meaning. So Vincent Enyeama, Nigeria's first choice goalie and the only goalkeeper to stop Lionel Messi from scoring is proudly an Akwa Ibomite!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Didi8: 5:40am On Apr 03, 2013
Yeah...Ibos, Hausas and Yorubas make too much noise and trouble through their tribalism. Three crazy tribes that should be in Afghanistan or Libya.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Dogohson: 8:47am On Apr 03, 2013
Even if Eyeama made that statement, he wasn't refering to the whole nation criticising him, but the management of NFF who are majorly from hausa, yoruba and Igbo speaking languages. Why wouldn't he be criticised when he is the only player in the entire NFF that hails from Akwa Ibom? Try to understand that he is speaking from the perspective of an insider. Stop condemning him, cos you dont know the threats he faces daily by those he is surrounded with to be replaced by their tribal man
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by rrankee: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2013
wine talk
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Matigo: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
He might be wrong: and indeed he is; but that's how he feels about it. Let him be. He who feels it, knows it better.
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Nicepoker(m): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
1forall:

And you talk like...? Do you actually understand when you read things?
no i dont ur relatives invented the language. Wasted sperm
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by Nicepoker(m): 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
Didi_8: Yeah...Ibos, Hausas and Yorubas make too much noise and trouble through their tribalism. Three crazy tribes that should be in Afghanistan or Libya.
thank u my brother. We r the only free tribe. Hausas kiling ibos. Yorubas afraid of hausas. We move the economy of dis nation
Re: I'm Criticised Because I'm Not Yoruba, Hausa Or Igbo - Vincent Enyeama by 1forall: 12:54am On Apr 07, 2013
Nicepoker: no i dont ur relatives invented the language. Wasted sperm

So you don't know what waste means?
See why you should have taken your English teacher more seriously? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MFM FC Striker Nominated For CNN Goal Of The Week Award / Live Pictures From Ballon D'or Award 2021 / John Ogu And Wife's Pregnancy Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.