Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam (7692 Views)

Etiquettes Of Friday For Muslims / Etiquettes Of Jum'at / Etiquettes Of Eid-El-Fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by deols(f): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
GraceBestowed: Wow! You have 'rules' on drinking and eating?? We learn new things everyday!

These are NOT rules. They are etiquettes as stated by OP. Leaving out any of these is not a sin but doing them give you rewards.

the beauty of Islam smiley
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by maclatunji: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Fash20: bros dat 1 no b rule nw

I get your point but I love the word "rule" within this context. These teachings don't have sanctions attached to them but it is meant to be followed. Otherwise, there would be little use teaching and propagating them.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
Does is apply to drinking of garri?

2 Likes

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Gamji007: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
A very good reminder! May Allah reward you abundantly!

smiley
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Wonders shall never end
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by signalpower: 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
sometimes i ask myself were do an islam or Muslim go after death.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by nagoma(m): 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
maclatunji:

I get your point but I love the word "rule" within this context. These teachings don't have sanctions attached to them but it is meant to be followed. Otherwise, there would be little use teaching and propagating them.

It's a code of conduct and not a rule that's why I referred you to those 4 hadiths ( number 667 - 670 ) in Riyad - Us - Saliheen. Please check.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by PENMIGHT(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
ashson: SUNNAH OF DRINKING

1. To sit and drink.
(Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith 6452 and Sahih Muslim Hadith 5242, 5247).
Zamzam water and left over water in the utensil used for Wudhu are excluded from this.

2. To drink with the right hand. (Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith 5380; Sahih Muslim Hadith 5233)

3. To take 3 sips (or more in odd numbers).
(Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith 5631; Sahih Muslim Hadith 5255)

4. To say Bismillah before drinking.
(Sahih al-Bukhari and al-Azkaar; Fath al-Baari vol.10 pg.117)

5. To say Alhamdulillah after drinking. (Ibnus-sunni Hadith 472; Majmauz-zawaaid vol.5 pg.81; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 1885; Fath al-Bari vol.10 pg.117 Hadith 5631)

6. If there are several people who are going to share the drink, it should be given to the one on the right.
(Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith 5612; Sahih Muslim Hadith5257)

7. The one who is distributing the water (or food) should himself drink after everyone. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 1894)

8. To recite the following Du’a after drinking, ‘Alhamdulillaahi llaadhiy at’ama wa saqaa, wa sawwaghahu wa ja’ala lahu makhraja.'
(Abu Dawud Hadith3847). This Du’a could also be recited after eating. (Ibid)

9. After drinking milk to recite ‘Allaahumma baarik lanaa feehi wa zidnaa minhu’.
(Sunan Abi Dawud Hadith 3723; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3455; ibnus-sunni Hadith 474).

May Allah {SWT} continue to guide us on right path.
Ameen
@OP, u ve indeed admonished us wt this! Jazakallahu khairan.
In addition to this is to avoid extravagance in the act of drinking(and in life affairs generally).
Allah says-" O ye children of Adam! Take your (best)apparel to prayer,and EAT and DRINK but don't be wasteful!
Wastefulness in drinking involves (1) Buying or taking Intoxicants. Allah condemns the one that produces it,sell it,package it,convey and DRINK it. So drinking what is Halal is the pinnacle of Etiquette.

And there exist a correlation btw what a man drinks and the acceptance of Prayer. In the hadith in which the Prophet narrated an old man who raises his hand in the wilderness saying "Allah,Allah). How will his prayer be answered?",the Prophet asked. For he eats haram,wears what's haram and drinks haram".(2) When we drink too we should avoid wastage. We should drink when and what is needed. The prophet do not eat or drink except when hungry or thirsty. And also manages is bowel well by having 1/3 for eating, 1/3 for water and d rest for air space. Statistics shows up to 7% of water is wasted through ill management of drinking habit. Allah is the source of Guidance.

1 Like

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by AbdH: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
mr.official2:
I just snipped this thread. grin. I will reflect on it in after life.
Just may be a little too late then. sad
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by bastrin(f): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
whenever i hear drink I believe it is ALCOHOL we are talking about.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by PENMIGHT(m): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
signalpower: sometimes i ask myself were do an islam or Muslim go after death.
After death,there is a transient life in the grave and The Day of Judgement comes at an appointed time. The "eventual" destination of a muslim is Paradise wherein he will abide forever.

No one enters this Paradise except a believer in the Oneness of God just like Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses,Jesus and Muhammad(peace on them )all believed.

The destination of the disbelievers in the Unity of God is Hell. They will abide in eternally forever.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by PENMIGHT(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
bastrin: whenever i hear drink I believe it is ALCOHOL we are talking about.
Our hearts works in miraculous ways! The heart dictates your perception and that is dependent on whether the heart is pure and enlivened or diseased and blackened.

1 Like

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by nagoma(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
bastrin: whenever i hear drink I believe it is ALCOHOL we are talking about.

May you be guided.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by maclatunji: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
nagoma:

It's a code of conduct and not a rule that's why I referred you to those 4 hadiths ( number 667 - 670 ) in Riyad - Us - Saliheen. Please check.

Read them several times before today. #Semantics. I edited the topic before it went on front page so I understand what you mean perfectly. For example, I can say "Don't eat with your left hand is a standard rule for Muslims". That does not imply that you will get punished if you eat with your left hand and even if you will, it won't be by us.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
7. The one who is distributing the water (or food) should himself drink after everyone. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 1894)

And if he puts otapiapia in the food and drink,others will quench and he lives abi?
This is not a wise advise in Nigeria o
I don tok my own

1 Like

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by ibrobell(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks!
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by deols(f): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
nwando:

And if he puts otapiapia in the food and drink,others will quench and he lives abi?
This is not a wise advise in Nigeria o
I don tok my own

you shldnt drink from someone u dont trust in d first place.

1 Like

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by POLICECAP: 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Always busy addressing rubbish.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by raeez(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
talk2macs: Cannt it be said i̲̅n english
it is specifically recited in arabic doesnt mean u cant pray in english though

1 Like

Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Akiika: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
Akshow: if i say wetin de my mind una go ban me so make i jus shoooorroup!
lol
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Ayoobscom(m): 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
Islam is a system and a system has a complete components forming a whole...

Thank you for this remainder brother.

Try Islam and become purified.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by chakula: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
All I can say is Alhamdulillah being a Good Muslim is my number one priority ma-sha Allah.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by Ninilowo(m): 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mercyraheem:
wen u dnt do the ryt tin shaytan comes in to share d food or drink with u...
Lobatan.
Re: Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam by PastorOla1: 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thank You Jesus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Holy Quran 5:55-tbaba You're Invited Here / Contentment: Sign Of A True Believer / A Lovely Article On Children And Good Behavior For Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.