Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

My Short Drama Script- Paranoia - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Short Drama Script- Paranoia (40992 Views)

Short Drama Script. / My Short Drama Script- Pls Criticise! / Short Drama Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by sholay2011(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2013
PARANOIA
SCENE 1
(Thompson, wearing a short and t-shirt, is in deep thoughts on his mattress. He rolls from one side of the bed to another with tears rolling down his eyes. He flashes back:

MRS.EZE: So, where do you see yourself in the next…say five years?

THOMPSON: I can’t really say. Five years is not that long. My personal target is to have achieved some things by age 30.

MRS. EZE: May I know those things?

THOMPSON: Well, I see myself…you know…having a beautiful wife with two lovely kids, a house that’s mine, doing a lucrative job I love and…and…that’s it.

MRS. EZE: That’s it?

THOMPSON: yes, that’s it.
(He stands up weakly from the bed, staring at his image in the mirror. He then picks a paper and pen and writes down some things. He stares at the mirror again.)

THOMPSON: All my dreams are just…dreams that they are. They are not real…

IMAGE: Who told you so? Thompson! When did you become this faint-hearted? The fact that you are a little above thirty doesn’t mean you can’t achieve all your dreams. It’s never too late. Don’t give up.

THOMPSON: (sobs) I sincerely think it is too late.

IMAGE: It isn’t! Stop that! You can start achieving your dreams…starting from now.

THOMPSON: How is that possible? I just got laid off from work last…

IMAGE: (interrupts) so? Remember the pretty lady you saw during yesterday’s morning exercise…

(Thompson is seen jogging and suddenly stops. He fixes his gaze at a woman who is on her way to work and then smiles to himself.)

IMAGE: What stops her from being your wife? The mistake people make in life is to be rigid about everything. Don’t! You don’t have to start with a well-paid job before you start doing other things that matter. Go for it! Go for it!

THOMPSON: Okay…okay, I will go for it. (His image smiles)

SCENE 2
(Thompson, wearing a trouser and a jersey, is seen jogging and stops in front of a house. A woman comes out of the house, holding her handbag and busy with her cell phone. He clears his throat and quickly walks up to her)

THOMPSON: Em…hello. Good morning.

FUNMI: Morning. (There is a brief and awkward silence.)

THOMPSON: I’m Thompson. Nice meeting you. (They shake hands.)

FUNMI: I’m Funmi. Oh...are you the new neighbour that just moved into our street?

THOMPSON: Exactly.

FUNMI: You are welcome.

THOMPSON: Thanks. You really look beautiful. I mean you are every man’s…

FUNMI: Em…thank you. I’m already late to work…

THOMPSON: I guess you are single, right?

FUNMI: I beg your pardon. That sounds rude for someone you are just meeting for the first time.

THOMPSON: Nothing new under the sun. That’s why people say love at first sight.

FUNMI: I’m sorry but I am happily married with two lovely kids. (She shows him her ring finger.) I would like you to respect that.

THOMPSON: (Shocked) Two…two lovely kids? That’s…that’s…and this is your husband’s house?

FUNMI: (scoffs) You sound scary. I would love you to excuse me. (Looks at her wristwatch and leaves for work)

SCENE 3
(Thompson, in his short and t-shirt, washes his face into a bowl and sits in front of his mirror, staring at his image.)

THOMPSON: I can’t believe she is married…

IMAGE: Thompson! I hope you see what I’m seeing. That is your dream!

THOMPSON: I don’t understand.

IMAGE: Don’t sound dumb. All you’ve ever wanted is what her husband has! You name it- a beautiful wife, two lovely kids, a house of your own and…he probably has a nice job for him to have that house. And you know what; he should be in your age range. Your next door neighbour is living out your dream!

THOMPSON: So…so what can I do? What should I do?

IMAGE: You don’t deserve your present state, Thompson. Have you asked too much from life? Many want to become the President, the governor, the CEO of a bank, a world-class surgeon and so on; but all you asked for is a comfortable life. But life was unfair to you; it made you very plain, not that intelligent and presently jobless. It made your friends run away from you thinking you are crazy. Your dream life is just a stone throw from you. What matters is if you are brave enough to get it.

THOMPSON: (Taps the table) I am brave enough. What can I do?

IMAGE: That man is basically sleeping with your wife, fathering your children and staying in your house! You need to get him out of there…you need to take him out…

THOMPSON: how do I take him out?

IMAGE: Are you asking me?

SCENE 4
(It’s 5.30 pm. There is a knock at the door. Funmi, now wearing an evening gown, opens it and finds Thompson by the door. He quickly hides the sharp knife in his hand in a small bag)

THOMPSON: Good evening. I am here to apologise for…for yesterday’s episode. I guess we didn’t meet on a good note.

FUNMI: (smiles) No problem. Apology accepted.

THOMPSON: is your husband home? I would like to say hello to him.

FUNMI: He is not yet back from work but you can wait for him.

THOMPSON: That’s a good idea.

(Thompson is seated in the well-furnished living room, sipping a drink.)

THOMPSON: What of the children?

FUNMI: they are back from school. They should be in their room busy with their assignments.

THOMPSON: Nice. A boy and a girl?

FUNMI: Exactly.

THOMPSON: Oh…well.

FUNMI: Yeah I know…lucky me. Or…would you like to meet them?

THOMPSON: of course. (She goes inside and comes back with two dolls! She places them gently on the sofa.)

FUNMI: Here they are. That’s Tade; he is in primary four by now. The girl is Titi; she is about to leave primary school. So…

THOMPSON: (shocked) What the…? I asked for your…your children…not…not

FUNMI: Well, I’m happy you’ve met them. My husband always comes around six. I hope you can wait till then.

THOMPSON: (confused) I…I will try.

FUNMI: By the way, you scared me yesterday when you walked up to me. You kind of sounded crazy…but you know…I just had to maintain my cool.

THOMPSON: Oh really?

FUNMI: Yes. Welcome to Ayedaade Street. You see, people here are strange. They just kind of avoid me and my family as if something is wrong with us but who cares? It’s not like I beg people to make a living. (Checks her wristwatch) Oh…it’s almost time. My darling should be around by now.

THOMPSON: Doesn’t he have a car because I can’t hear any sound of…?

FUNMI: (interrupts) Don’t worry; I always know when he is around. Tade and Titi, daddy is back. (She goes to open the door, and a dog runs inside barking. She closes the door gently and sits down.)

THOMPSON: Don’t tell me…

FUNMI: (cuts in) I think he is very tired and hungry now. I have to get him his food. You may have to come back tomorrow. I’m very sorry.

THOMPSON: Em…I see. (Swallows saliva and stands up, with his leg shaking) Thanks for the…the hospitality…and introduction to your family.

FUNMI: (smiles) it’s my pleasure. I am very happy to finally have a friend on this street. I think we are like minds.

THOMPSON: Oh…indeed. (He walks briskly out of the house.)

FUNMI: We would be expecting you some other time. Bye! The children are also greeting you…

THOMPSON: Yeah…bye. (Starts walking towards his house quickly; talks silently) oh my God! Am I dreaming? That’s one hell of a classic mad woman!

*LIGHT OUT*

‘I complained I had no shoes, not until I saw someone without legs’.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by sholay2011(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2013
No comment?
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by oyestephen(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
Very hilarious
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by VillageBoi(m): 12:23am On Apr 07, 2013
Totally love this!!
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by prof800(m): 3:36am On Apr 07, 2013
Oga, this is the same with the one u posted in .doc format abi...?
i thought u have worked on the character discription sha...
the thompson guy in my visual imaginations is one freaky skinny psycho. others might imagine a robust go-getter (like the guy from THE MEETING.). While ur guy may even be different entirely, u know?
Amazingly, u managed to *show* to us that Funmi is pretty from the dialogue.. that iz impressive. nice one.

1 Like

Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by sholay2011(m): 7:16am On Apr 07, 2013
prof800: Oga, this is the same with the one u posted in .doc format abi...?
i thought u have worked on the character discription sha...
the thompson guy in my visual imaginations is one freaky skinny psycho. others might imagine a robust go-getter (like the guy from THE MEETING.). While ur guy may even be different entirely, u know?
Amazingly, u managed to *show* to us that Funmi is pretty from the dialogue.. that iz impressive. nice one.
Thanks for the contribution. God bless.
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by iwaters(m): 1:53am On Apr 16, 2013
Have you actually seen a play before? I don't think so.
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by sholay2011(m): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2013
i-waters:
Have you actually seen a play before? I don't think so.
And do you know how a play looks like? I doubt it. And did you see in the heading that it is a play? Stop acting dumb.

It is a script for a short film. You already commented on the TV/movies section by ur egoistic self and I have served you properly with words that will sooth your nerves.

You seem to know much but understand little.
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by iwaters(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2013
if actually considerer my remark as sharp, i wonder what would happen in ur first script conference.
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by ladman(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
sholay2011:
And do you know how a play looks like? I doubt it. And did you see in the heading that it is a play? Stop acting dumb.
It is a script for a short film. You already commented on the TV/movies section by ur egoistic self and I have served you properly with words that will sooth your nerves.
You seem to know much but understand little.

it is gud to read a drama on nairaland. Criticism is part of the art, take it easy. I like ur story and felt it suited film rather than a stage play but u didnt properly specify that it was a film script. And the dialogues are not really dramatic. Good attempt though.
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by Luchiana1(f): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2018

1 Like

Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by botstudioz: 6:32am On Nov 05, 2019
I Love this. For film would suit perfectly. Nice twists as well. I love that it had just two characters. However, the woman's husband returning as dog seemed a bit weird and needed some sort fo explaining as I do not know how to place that but I Loved every bit of it. In fact I didnt expect the dolls. I can feel the goose pimples as persons start imagining what he would do to the husband. In fact A reverse would be more shocking. The dog coming in first before the kids are introduced. That way we feel it more. I would like to speak to the writer,. Do respond on botstudioz@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by sholay2011(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
botstudioz:
I Love this. For film would suit perfectly. Nice twists as well. I love that it had just two characters. However, the woman's husband returning as dog seemed a bit weird and needed some sort fo explaining as I do not know how to place that but I Loved every bit of it. In fact I didnt expect the dolls. I can feel the goose pimples as persons start imagining what he would do to the husband. In fact A reverse would be more shocking. The dog coming in first before the kids are introduced. That way we feel it more. I would like to speak to the writer,. Do respond on botstudioz@gmail.com
Hi. I will send you an email later today.
Re: My Short Drama Script- Paranoia by Preshmanuel(f): 12:48am On Jan 24, 2021

(1) (Reply)

The Nanny's Daughter/ Too Young to Love / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.