Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria (31753 Views)

How Much Does A Script Cost? / Looking To Collaborate On A Script With Someone. / Script Writers Needed For A Script Writing Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by frank317: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pls script writers in the house or any one with idea, can i get info on how much a good script sells in Nigeria? Got some producers interested in my script and i am being asked how much i am willing to sell. i dont want to say something too high or too low.
you suggestion will b appreciated, thank you
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by LarrySun(m): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
When you said some producers approach you, I was confused about what you meant. Are you talking about movie producers or what? If true, then I'll also ask if your works are majorly meant for movies or novels. You need to weigh the two; if the former (movie) is it, then triple whatever price you have in mind to charge the producers. The costlier the price, the more valuable the script will appear to whomever is buying. But if the latter (novel) is more important to you, then you need to get the work published first, thereafter, it could be adapted into a movie, from whence you'd be paid royalty for the display of copyright. It majorly amounts to crashing two planes with one missile.

The ball's in your groin.
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by frank317: 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
Larry-Sun:
When you said some producers approach you, I was confused about what you meant. Are you talking about movie producers or what? If true, then I'll also ask if your works are majorly meant for movies or novels. You need to weigh the two; if the former (movie) is it, then triple whatever price you have in mind to charge the producers. The costlier the price, the more valuable the script will appear to whomever is buying. But if the latter (novel) is more important to you, then you need to get the work published first, thereafter, it could be adapted into a movie, from whence you'd be paid royalty for the display of copyright. It majorly amounts to crashing two planes with one missile.

The ball's in your groin.

thanks Larry for your response. its a movie script... basically for movie. you said i should triple whatever price i have in mind. that's not clear. i believe of think that there is a standard price for those who have sold before, and if the producers know you know little about selling script, they could decide to use ur head. so thats why i am asking
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by LarrySun(m): 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
frank3.16:

thanks Larry for your response. its a movie script... basically for movie. you said i should triple whatever price i have in mind. that's not clear. i believe of think that there is a standard price for those who have sold before, and if the producers know you know little about selling script, they could decide to use ur head. so thats why i am asking
I don't know much about selling moviescripts, I confess. But if I were you, I wouldn't bid for a 'standard price' balderdash. Your works are beyond the inane standard prices, except if you think otherwise.
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by frank317: 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I don't know much about selling moviescripts, I confess. But if I were you, I wouldn't bid for a 'standard price' balderdash. Your works are beyond the inane standard prices, except if you think otherwise.

thank you sha, i am just confused thats all, but i will have what u said in mind
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by Mynd44: 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
frank3.16:

thank you sha, i am just confused thats all, but i will have what u said in mind
hmmm I am liking this. To think I said an hell no when Nollywood came knocking.

I am still saying no though
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by frank317: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
hmmm I am liking this. To think I said an hell no when Nollywood came knocking.

I am still saying no though

ya, i am thinking no is the best option... i heard some script sell for as low as 34 to 45k. when i was thinking of selling for not less than 150k. thats sad
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by Mynd44: 2:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
frank3.16:

ya, i am thinking no is the best option... i heard some script sell for as low as 34 to 45k. when i was thinking of selling for not less than 150k. thats sad
Are you amazed that they come with silly stories day in day out? The scripts are sick and silly ones. Some don't even have a script writer. The producer just gets an idea and they shoot?

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by purpinkx(m): 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
Frank3:16 ... I have to upload my disappointment here since your email isn't working ... Why did you delete the end of "the tenth generation" ?
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by frank317: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Are you amazed that they come with silly stories day in day out? The scripts are sick and silly ones. Some don't even have a script writer. The producer just gets an idea and they shoot?

i am not just amazed, i sometimes cry... watched one they called lady gaga(pt 1), queen gaga(pt 2) and going gaga (pt 3) with femi black oge okoye and other notable actors embarrassing themselves. the script was... in fact it wasnt even a story... i dont know.

well, this guy has to up the money or let it be

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by henet: 9:01pm On May 24, 2013
frank3.16:
Pls script writers in the house or any one with idea, can i get info on how much a good script sells in Nigeria? Got some producers interested in my script and i am being asked how much i am willing to sell. i dont want to say something too high or too low.
pls how did u meet the director? I hav som script 4 sale

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by henet: 9:03pm On May 24, 2013
@frank. Pls how did u meet d producers

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by gbengalite(m): 10:00pm On May 31, 2013
it sells for 100-150k for top Directors, a neighbour Editor once told me that.
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by henet: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
pls house, hw n where can i meet a movie director?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by frank317: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2013
henet: pls house, hw n where can i meet a movie director?

I really met one through a friend and honestly d guy is a bast.d. I wouldn't even remmend him to an enemy. I have long forgotten him. Friends are still helping me look for one but I am not enthusiastic about nollywood thing anymore.
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by tubolancer(m): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2013
Please I want to turn my novel 70000 words into a novel. It urgent thanks.
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by donsadvocate(m): 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lol. I like the comments here. But right now am writing a Hollywood standard script and before I read your comments, I never planned to sell my work for less than N1,000,000... But u guys are here talking N35k and N100k. Hmm , It depends on the quality of your work sha

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by daddycampu(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2015
I write world class, i just need someone to buy them from me, i will post one of the script front page

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by AfricanScript: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
Great to see that they are scripts for sale. Finding a way to gather quality screenwriters and to increase their bargaining power is the next step. Ultimately, quality and economic realities will be the main drivers of price. And, we are looking for African movie scripts by the way...

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by isedehi: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
daddycampu:
I write world class, i just need someone to buy them from me, i will post one of the script front page

This is not the front page of a world class film script. A world class film script should look like a standard film script, and not anything other than that.

Your front page looks like the front page of a freelance proposal or school project. You didn't even bother to use courier. The new spec style has its title page containing a bold 16" courier title of script, followed by a space, followed by "by" and followed by your name, both in courier 12".

At the bottom left or right of the page, preferably left, you have your registration details and contact, preferably email.

Plus, there is a measurement on page for the appearance for these.

If you can't get something as simple as a screenplay' title page right, how sure am I that your format, plot, sub-plots, characters, pacing, structure, and the rest, follow the standard world class rules.

Please do more research if you are serious about getting paid in millions.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by nigeriagospel(m): 7:44am On Mar 23, 2016
Please @ FRANK 317 or any other person in the house my sister is a good script writer and don't even know where and how to sell it.any assisitance will be much appreciated my whatsapp contact is 08102580463
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by valace: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
Pls I have amazing stories but I have no idea how to put it in a script format pls if u know help me contact 08149448982
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by Akposb(m): 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
valace:
Pls I have amazing stories but I have no idea how to put it in a script format pls if u know help me contact 08149448982
Get a book and read, also click on my profile and you will see a topic on script writing, one of the person that replied gave me link to a software I can download. Also, to hone your skill, try writing drama or plays.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by delavieri: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hi. My name is Cobham. I'm a professional screenwriter/filmmaker with years of industrial experience. kindly get in touch with me if you need any service help on an industry-acceptable screenplay. My numbers are 08131639733, 09056035698. My e-mail is delavieri@gmail.com. I'm available to discuss at anytime of the day. Thanks
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by driveiwe(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
daddycampu:
I smell u got good work..
mail me
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by hunnybunny16: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
Am a female script writer and a registered member of AGN.I want to be an actress too.i av scripts for sale here....With all this talent here we can come together and realise our dreams and i beliv we will make it....All we need are sponsors.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by nigeriantalent: 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
NigerianTalent.com Partnerships Presents…

ARE YOU AN UPCOMING SCRIPTWRITER? WE NEED YOUR SCRIPTS!

Do you have a great movie script that you’ve not been able to sell or produce and is just there gathering dust?

Why not partner with NigerianTalent.com in our new mass movie project: “100 Scripts to Film

In this project, we want to create 100 simple, low budget productions comprising of Long and short movies, serials and skits ranging from 5 minutes to 2 hrs in length. The goal is to support upcoming scriptwriters to gain fame and exposure for their work.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
We are not offering to buy the scripts. This is a collaboration where you provide the script and we provide the equipment and expertise to turn it into a movie and also the online promotion and distribution of the finished work. If you are looking to sell your script please don’t contact us.

WHAT WE OFFER:
We have Production Equipment (Cameras, sound, light, locations, crew) and we want to partner with upcoming scriptwriters who are looking for a way to get their ideas on video and online.

We have a large online distribution network that can give you a lot of exposure and popularity.
You will get full credits as the scriptwriter and we will promote you on our platforms

CRITERIA and TERMS:

- We will not pay you but will provide the production equipment, expertise and promotion
- Scripts should be interesting, emotional and dramatic or suspenseful and preferrably follow a 3 act or 7-point structure (see links under Tips below).
- Short scripts of 30 minutes or less are preferred
- Serials with episodes 20 minutes or less are okay
- The Scripts should be your original creation
- Scripts should be very low budget or cost nothing extra to produce
- Scripts should have few characters, few props and little or no special effects
- Scripts should be family friendly meaning no much sexual content, strong language, violence or illegal drugs

NOTE: If you will like to be a part of the production You should be prepared to travel to Benin City for production (you are responsible for your transport accommodation and feeding)

TIPS
See the following links for some tips on how to write the kind of scripts we prefer:
https://www.keepwriting.com/tsc/magnificent7plotpoints.htm
http://www.critiquecircle.com/blog.asp?blogID=280

And a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcmiqQ9NpPE&list=PLC430F6A783A88697

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT

If you are interested in our offer and would wish to partner with us on this 100 Scripts to Film project, please send us the first five pages of your script together with the following via a message on our facebook page here: http://facebook.com/nigeriantalent/ :

Your name:
Your phone number:
Your location:
Summary of your script story:
First five pages of your script:

Send us the first five pages of your script together with the above info via a message on our facebook page here: http://facebook.com/nigeriantalent/ :

NOTE: We are not offering to pay you. Our part of the partnership will be to provide production equipment and handle the production and online promotion while your part will be to provide the script

Signed,
Martha Alile,
Asst Co-ordinator,
NigerianTalent.com 100 Scripts to Film Project
http://nigeriantalent.com
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by Ogbueli: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Pls are dere any movie producers in the house,cuz I got scripts to sell
Contact-08100274020
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
frank317:

What kind of script will a Man sell for 150K...I presume its a regular movie, Does it not contain research? Do you just draft an everyday "No content" movie.. You need to aim higher and work harder...All that hard work does not go for that PENNY. My next script will sell nothing less than 10M for a start
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by Yamson4191994(m): 7:05am On Jan 22, 2020
frank317:

Pls Mr. I needed your help in script writing... Pertaining to how a typical nollywood movie script looks like. I v movie idea but finding it difficult to put down in a script form.
Re: How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria by bay4realpeople: 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
hunnybunny16:
Am a female script writer and a registered member of AGN.I want to be an actress too.i av scripts for sale here....With all this talent here we can come together and realise our dreams and i beliv we will make it....All we need are sponsors.

Do you still have good stories for sell, lets discuss.. Send email to hdebaytv@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites / Ade Son Of Thunder( A Tale About Love, Destiny And Betrayal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.