Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD (887 Views)

Lenovo S10 Ideapad With 2gb Ram 4 Quick Sale / How To Use Your Memory Card As A Ram For Your Pc. / Used Laptop Forsale (asus F8v Series ) Hd: 320gb, Memory (ram): 4.00 Gb, Wp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD by adewaleh(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hello, please i will like to knw if upgrading my ram will increase the performance because i'm using a 1gb ram wit 500gb HDD and my computer is kinda slow, should i upgrade the ram or reload the os?
Re: Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Upgrading the RAM will surely improve your computer performance. But you must first establish why the computer is slow. Maybe what it needs is maintenance. You know your computer, will reloading the OS make it run faster than it is now? Or you want to do a hardware upgrade for better overall performance. What is the percentage of free space and file fragmentation? When did you last do defragmentation? Have used the check disk utility in the last 21 days? All these questions will help you get to know the status of the health of your computer.
Re: Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD by techwizard(m): 7:27am On Apr 04, 2013
first of all I need to know to model of your laptop because some laptops require lower ram to work {512mb}
While some require larger r.a.m
Re: Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD by adewaleh(m): 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
techwizard: first of all I need to know to model of your laptop because some laptops require lower ram to work {512mb}
While some require larger r.a.m
Hp Mini 110. i changed the HDD december 2012. but left the 1gb ram. i can't even hibernate my system. cuz it will take alot of time before it loads...
Re: Recommend A Ram 4 500gb HDD by techwizard(m): 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
adewaleh: Hp Mini 110. i changed the HDD december 2012. but left the 1gb ram. i can't even hibernate my system. cuz it will take alot of time before it loads...
Upgrade to 2gb of ram that will fix it & make sure you have a good antivirus software

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of I.C.T To The Educational Sector. / Pl / I Need Information On Grid Computing Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.