Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Nairalanders Be Careful - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairalanders Be Careful (1028 Views)

Houses Please Be Careful Of OLX Scam!!! / Be Careful When You Jump Start A Car With Another Car / People,be Careful Of Nairaland And Its Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Be Careful by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,with love i write this information to those interested in buying cars,inspecting cars or paying for a pre-ordered car(s).Pleas be warned,most dealers here are not dealers but fraudsters and poverty-stricken people seeking for whom to devour.My Brothere was a victim of one so called 2008 Toyota Highlander for 2.6M,we called the man several times and was ready to pay,he started acting funny after observing our seriousness.He asked my brother to come along in Badagry where the car is but he wrote ☺ŋ Nairaland that the car is in IKeja,my got to Badagry with his Army Commandant friend and when the dealer saw the man and my Bro,he ran.Till date he doesn't pick our calls.Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Be Wise!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
What a coward 419. Why did he have to run away before duping.
No doubt, online biz is risky
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by Godmother(f): 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ OP

U and your brother were smart else you would have been tellin a different story
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by inspiredm(m): 12:05am On Apr 04, 2013
latestmodel: Dear Nairalanders,with love i write this information to those interested in buying cars,inspecting cars or paying for a pre-ordered car(s).Pleas be warned,most dealers here are not dealers but fraudsters and poverty-stricken people seeking for whom to devour.My Brothere was a victim of one so called 2008 Toyota Highlander for 2.6M,we called the man several times and was ready to pay,he started acting funny after observing our seriousness.He asked my brother to come along in Badagry where the car is but he wrote ☺ŋ Nairaland that the car is in IKeja,my got to Badagry with his Army Commandant friend and when the dealer saw the man and my Bro,he ran.Till date he doesn't pick our calls.Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Be Wise!!!!!!!!!!!

Fraudsters CAPITALISE on Greed to Lure Victims

2008 Toyota Highlander Starts from 3.8m Naira

Accidented- Salvaged & JUNK Ones Starts from 3.2m Naira

A 2008 Toyota Highlander Without an Engine Wouldn't Sell for 2.6m Naira.

If a Deal is too Good to be True, it is Too Bad to be True.

Cheers
Inspired

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by stpat1(m): 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013
Since most cars advertised are claimed to be in good condition, I will advice you ask it to be driven to a location you are comfortable with.

These faceless posters might be something else
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by bisi16(m): 5:37am On Apr 04, 2013
In my quest 4 a naija used car, I noticed that 70% of cars advertised here on nairaland are scams. Notably

visiondee,
www.nairaland.com/1218563/golf-3-two-doors-ac

brigadier747
www.nairaland.com/1239147/neat-naija-used-volkswagen-golf

Note: they are d same car.
I called up dis brigadier guy and he said d car was at ogbomosho, dat he'll bring it 2lagos 4me 2inspect. Immediately, my alert bell rang. I asked him a few questions, he cldnt giv a straight answer, just blabbing, so i hung up.

I've called up 2 other guys 2txt me location of their cars 4 inspection and until now, no response.

We all need 2 shine our halogen eyes here. My own dey shine naturally.
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2013
Seriously,fraud is now ☺ŋ the highside in Nigeria.May God save us from these criminals.
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by chelseabmw(m): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
THIS IS THE REASON YOU HAVE THIS LINK HERE ON AUTOS HOME PAGE

https://www.nairaland.com/794323/know-auto-dealer-seller-contact

REGISTERED DEALERS ARE LISTED THERE
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by desh(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
I equally had an xperience 2days ago frm a funny dupe who said I shuld send money for dem to transport an unregistered vehicle frm badagry to mile2 4me,claiming he was a pastor n custom officer. When I argued wit him dat its impossible 4me to send a dime 2sum1 I dnt knw he started preachin. I simply cut him off n later met a geniue seller n owner of anoda car wic I just purchased ytday frm his office. D truth is sum r real n many r fake.
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by chronique(m): 8:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
stpat1: Since most cars advertised are claimed to be in good condition, I will advice you ask it to be driven to a location you are comfortable with.

These faceless posters might be something else

That's something that rarely happens. If the car gets involved in an accident,who sorts it out? Secondly,some buyers are. Serious idiots.you agree a price with somebody and after driving down,they start pricing it anyhow. That's not a very good option too. My advice is: don't part away with money before seeing your car.go inspect and pay. Also,be careful of cars that are tooo cheap.
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by chronique(m): 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
desh: I equally had an xperience 2days ago frm a funny dupe who said I shuld send money for dem to transport an unregistered vehicle frm badagry to mile2 4me,claiming he was a pastor n custom officer. When I argued wit him dat its impossible 4me to send a dime 2sum1 I dnt knw he started preachin. I simply cut him off n later met a geniue seller n owner of anoda car wic I just purchased ytday frm his office. D truth is sum r real n many r fake.

I spoke with that same person too. He advertised an eod(toks) for 900k and I was forced to call him,knowing fully well that my registered eod was 1.150m. He started talking about being a top ranking custom officer and pastor at living faith christian center. Then he said the car was at badagry and that they're being sold by customs... I knew it was scam and I just cut him off. There's no way you'll sell a tokundo eod for that price he quoted. Buyers should take note of ridiculously cheap cars.
Re: Nairalanders Be Careful by chronique(m): 9:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
And just to add to the above: don't ever believe those guys who claim to be selling cars on behalf of customs and claim places like kebbi,maiduguri,katsina as base. They'll tell you that they'll deliver the car to you anywhere in nigeria before you pay but you'll have to pay 50k upfront as cost of transporting the vehicle down. They'll advertise a 2009 camry at 950k and tell you customs is auctioning seized vehicles.... It's all lies.

(1) (Reply)

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4wd SOLD / QUICK SALES just Arrived.....drop Lightcamry .. SOLD , SOLD, SOLD. / Toyota Rav4 2002

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.