Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Taribo West Is Forever Young So He Claimed He Was 28 When He Was Really 40 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Taribo West Is Forever Young So He Claimed He Was 28 When He Was Really 40 (627 Views)

Pictures That Show That Nothing Last Forever / He Claimed His Wife Is Dead / J.t. Tom West Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taribo West Is Forever Young So He Claimed He Was 28 When He Was Really 40 by cheekylawyer: 9:52am On Apr 04, 2013
King of the West and former Derby County, Plymouth, Inter Milan and Nigerian defender has been accused of lying about his age and falsifying reports.

The former Nigeria centre half, now retired, joined Serbian team Partizan Belgrade in 2002 after leaving Derby County and told club bosses he was 28 (he should be rewarded for pulling that off). But now the ex-president of Partizan, Zarko Zecevic, has accused Taribo of being a little bit naughty about his age.

‘He joined us saying he was 28. We only later found out he was 40, but he was still playing well so I don’t regret having him on the team,’ Zecevic said.

According to the Croatian media (who also wanted to join the bandwagon and diss Taribo), the former defender also lied when he was trying to join Croatia’s Rijeka club. Apparently, Mr. West was a whooping 44 years old and he lied to the doctors telling them he was only 32.

But Taribo didn’t see their medical examinations coming, did he?

They didn’t test his blood, or the watermarks on his birth certificate. Nooo. They went to his knees (no kidding). And his knees told them that the dreadlock-having defender was a lot older than his alleged age. We’re talking over a decade older.

Haha! Taribo has no regard for your medicine.

He wasn’t signed to the team but later joined Plymouth and then Iranian side Paykan FC, where he ended his career at the age of 46 in 2008. Today his Wikipedia entry says he is 39. But we know better, don’t we? He’s probably in his late sixties.

Taribo has since responded to the allegation, saying....

Via Greenlight [http://greenlight.com.ng/2013/04/04/taribo-west-is-forever-young-so-he-claimed-he-was-28-when-he-was-really-40/]

(1) (Reply)

Should Oil Thieves Face Death Penalty In Nigeria? / RE: "I Slept With My Boss To Give My Boyfriend A Job" / Babcock Graduating Student Loses 8 Family Members 2 Days To Convocation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.