Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches (15485 Views)

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Keshi Calls Enyeama, Mikel Obi, 21 Others For Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by joseph1013: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Stephen Keshi has invited a total of 30 players to prosecute the team’s jumbo schedule between the end of May and mid-July, in which about 10 matches loom.

The African champions have a high-profile friendly against CONCACAF champions Mexico in Houston, Texas, USA on the last day of May, before two World Cup qualifying matches in Nairobi and Windhoek that come before the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup tournament in Brazil.

Tight schedules Nigeria play Tahiti, Uruguay and Spain in Brazil but will play two more games if they advance to the knock-out stage, before returning to Africa for a 2014 African Nations Championship qualifying fixture against Cote d’Ivoire.

Usual suspects Vincent Enyeama, Mikel Obi, Efe Ambrose, Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa and Victor Moses are called, as well as dark horses John Ogu, Michael Babatunde and Anthony Ujah, while midfield ace Kalu Uche returns after 16 months in the international wilderness.

Top scorer of the 29th Africa Cup of Nations, Emmanuel Emenike, back from injury, returns to the fold.There are four goalkeepers, eight defenders, seven midfielders and 11 strikers.

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland FC, Nigeria)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Elderson Echiejile (FC Braga, Portugal); Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Ebenezer Odunlami (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Benjamin Francis (Heartland FC, Nigeria); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga FC, Norway); John Ogu (Academica de Coimbra, Portugal); Reuben Gabriel (Kano Pillars, Nigeria); Sunday Mba (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Emeka Ezeh (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv,Ukraine); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Michael Babatunde (Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih,Ukraine); Nnamdi Oduamadi (AS Varese 1910, Italy) ; Anthony Ujah (FC Cologne, Germany); Kalu Uche (Kasimpasa, Turkey); Gomo Onduku (Sharks FC, Nigeria); Obinna Nwachukwu (Heartland FC, Nigeria); Gambo Mohammed (Kano Pillars, Nigeria)
Source: www.futaa.com/football/article/keshi-calls-up-30-players-for-kenya-other-games

1 Like

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by joseph1013: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
My observations:

1. No Yobo. Hope his utterances will not come back to haunt him later.

2. No good replacement for Echiejile. And it seems that's our weakest side of the defence. It was again obvious during the Kenyan game, how Omeruo kept covering for him.

3. No Martins. His inability to stake a claim for a shirt in the Kenyan game is his biggest undoing. Sometimes opportunities come but once.

4. Still no Sidney Sam. What is NFF doing about this guy? Or am I the only guy who hates Musa playing on the flanks for the Eagles. I watch his games in Russia where he bangs in goals almost on a weekly basis because he's utilized in the central striking role. But Keshi keeps using him on the flanks...aaarrrgggg. Pls Keshi, Hope Akpan of Reading is another option and this young man is seriously begging to be considered.

5. Pls, why is Haruna not on this list? This guy is playing so well at his club. No game passes without him making incredible assists for goals, and he often scores some for himself.

6. Keshi, we understand that you love and wanna promote local players, but aint you going over your head with this much players in the team? I pray your experiments continue to work. It's okay by us as long as it works. You are the BOSS!

ALL THE BEST TO THE SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA.

GO RULE THE WORLD!!!

18 Likes

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
joseph1013: My observations:

1. No Yobo. Hope his utterances will not come back to haunt him later.

2. No good replacement for Echiejile. And it seems that's our weakest side of the defence. It was again obvious during the Kenyan game, how Omeruo kept covering for him.

3. No Martins. His inability to stake a claim for a shirt in the Kenyan game is his biggest undoing. Sometimes opportunities come but once.

4. Still no Sidney Sam. What is NFF doing about this guy? Or am I the only guy who hates Musa playing on the flanks for the Eagles. I watch his games in Russia where he bangs in goals almost on a weekly basis because he's utilized in the central striking role. But Keshi keeps using him on the flanks...aaarrrgggg. Pls Keshi, Hope Akpan of Reading is another option and this young man is seriously begging to be considered.

5. Pls, why is Haruna not on this list? This guy is playing so well at his club. No game passes without him making incredible assists for goals, and he often scores some for himself.

6. Keshi, we understand that you love and wanna promote local players, but aint you going over your head with this much players in the team? I pray your experiments continue to work. It's okay by us as long as it works. You are the BOSS!

ALL THE BEST TO THE SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA.

GO RULE THE WORLD!!!

Where is adegoke of shooting stars? He's a great backup for echiejile even though 3sc's leaking hell of goals both home and away.
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by joseph1013: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
honeric01:

Where is adegoke of shooting stars? He's a great backup for echiejile even though 3sc's leaking hell of goals both home and away.

I'm amazed too. Does that mean Keshi cant find a good leftback to rival Echiejile. What happens when he's injured?
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by honeric01(m): 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
joseph1013:

I'm amazed too. Does that mean Keshi cant find a good leftback to rival Echiejile. What happens when he's injured?

i know we have alot of LBs in the league, maybe some of the new inclusion would do the magic needed.
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by Ndjones(m): 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
This list is fake. No Osaze, No Haruna, No Bright Dike, No Sidney Sam, No Eneramo. It can't be

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by joseph1013: 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ndjones: This list is fake. No Osaze, No Haruna, No Bright Dike, No Sidney Sam, No Eneramo. It can't be
Sorry sir, did you check the source before commenting? Pls stop forming itk.
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by joseph1013: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ndjones: This list is fake. No Osaze, No Haruna, No Bright Dike, No Sidney Sam, No Eneramo. It can't be
Sorry sir, did you check the source before commenting? Pls stop forming itk. Keshi is the coach, not you.
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by iamswizz(m): 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
ok
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by bennie1980(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
I guess inclusion of Carl Ikeme will be good as a back up for Vincent Enyeama
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
joseph1013: Stephen Keshi has invited a total of 30 players to prosecute the team’s jumbo schedule between the end of May and mid-July, in which about 10 matches loom.

The African champions have a high-profile friendly against CONCACAF champions Mexico in Houston, Texas, USA on the last day of May, before two World Cup qualifying matches in Nairobi and Windhoek that come before the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup tournament in Brazil.

Tight schedules Nigeria play Tahiti, Uruguay and Spain in Brazil but will play two more games if they advance to the knock-out stage, before returning to Africa for a 2014 African Nations Championship qualifying fixture against Cote d’Ivoire.

Usual suspects Vincent Enyeama, Mikel Obi, Efe Ambrose, Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa and Victor Moses are called, as well as dark horses John Ogu, Michael Babatunde and Anthony Ujah, while midfield ace Kalu Uche returns after 16 months in the international wilderness.

Top scorer of the 29th Africa Cup of Nations, Emmanuel Emenike, back from injury, returns to the fold.There are four goalkeepers, eight defenders, seven midfielders and 11 strikers.

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland FC, Nigeria)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Elderson Echiejile (FC Braga, Portugal); Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Ebenezer Odunlami (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Benjamin Francis (Heartland FC, Nigeria); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga FC, Norway); John Ogu (Academica de Coimbra, Portugal); Reuben Gabriel (Kano Pillars, Nigeria); Sunday Mba (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Emeka Ezeh (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv,Ukraine); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Michael Babatunde (Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih,Ukraine); Nnamdi Oduamadi (AS Varese 1910, Italy) ; Anthony Ujah (FC Cologne, Germany); Kalu Uche (Kasimpasa, Turkey); Gomo Onduku (Sharks FC, Nigeria); Obinna Nwachukwu (Heartland FC, Nigeria); Gambo Mohammed (Kano Pillars, Nigeria)
Source: www.futaa.com/football/article/keshi-calls-up-30-players-for-kenya-other-games
not our best if u ask me
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by BANGASOUP1: 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
who is osaze plz?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by DJDOLA(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
Haruna should be on dat list and osaze..even if osaze is rude is playin skill is not rude
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by cyril10(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
No hard feelings carry go, we are good to go as usual.
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by dahdah: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
MUSA AGAIN
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by ayusbobs(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
whr is noza igiebor? I think this guy should be given anoda chance
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by ayusbobs(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
dahdah: MUSA AGAIN
i dont know why he is on the list

1 Like

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by Akiika: 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
If Keshi is not taking it personal, Osaze Odemwinghi deserves to be in the line up. I have bought the Nigeria/Mexico friendly ticket, i hope i won't be the laughing stock amongst my latino friends at the office after the match. Keshi and Co. need to curb their ego and get us the best players for the national team. The Kenyan match was a disaster!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
No Joel Obi,No Haruna ... who is this Ogude gann?
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
chiover: not our best if u ask me

do you our best?
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Akiika: If Keshi is not taking it personal, Osaze Odemwinghi deserves to be in the line up. I have bought the Nigeria/Mexico friendly ticket, i hope i won't be the laughing stock amongst my latino friends at the office after the match. Keshi and Co. need to curb their ego and get us the best players for the national team. The Kenyan match was a disaster!

He deserved to be there because he's playing regularly for abiom and scoring for them all the time?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by kollysnut(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
Coach keshi.....all this experiment must top soon, even if one is looking for job, experience matter a lot
I pray your experiment works sha.
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by ChideraFavour(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=BANGA SOUP]who is osaze plz?[/quote
ask google I think it is d rightst option 2 answer ur question. YeYe! who is on ds Nigeria dt hv not heard of Osaze? som ppl can just open dea mouth n ask anytin...mtcheeeeew
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by PurpleHouse(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
I feel this team lacks much bite... too much home based when there are great guys out there that can prove themselves anytime anyday...... enough of the experimenting with local dudes just coz you wanna promote 'em.......... nice team but I expected more..

NB: every attacks from gbosaa and co, back to sender.. lol
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by shadrach77: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
African Champions! I so much love that phrase. We won the right to bear it for the next two years - Yobo misses out again. If he knows what is good for him, it's time for him to hang his boots. I feel there are too many home based players on the team. Over-confidence may be Keshi's undoing sad sad sad sad
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
DJDOLA: Haruna should be on dat list and osaze..even if osaze is rude is playin skill is not rude
talent without discipline is nothing

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by flexeey: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=Chidera Favour][/quote]
u r a fool for answering him
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by RedLight1: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
UP EAGLES
UP NAIJA
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
What's up with Sidney Sam's issue. Shey na like that he no go play for Nigeria?
Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by Psalhadeen: 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
Alllllllll!! Weeeee aaaaah sAin giiiiiiive us YOBO,ANICHEBE,MARTINS,TAIWO AAAAAAArnd mai Humble self.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by zuchyblink(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
it is not about inviting names,but to invite players who are mentally,physically,psychologically fit to play.according to my broda who commented,''talent without discipline is rubbish''.we did it in south africa without those names and we can still do it without them in brazil.to me,rueben gabriel is better than lazy haruna.playing in europe does not make u a better player ahead of the local lads.

6 Likes

Re: Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches by RedLight1: 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
zuchyblink: it is not about inviting names,but to invite players who are mentally,physically,psychologically fit to play.according to my broda who commented,''talent without discipline is rubbish''.we did it in south africa without those names and we can still do it without them in brazil.to me,rueben gabriel is better than lazy haruna.playing in europe does not make u a better player ahead of the local lads.
gbamm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month / Juan Mata Signs Fresh Manchester United Contract Extension / Who Should Replace Mourinho As Man.utd Coach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.