Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Can You Organise Your Own Funeral Just To Have Fun? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Organise Your Own Funeral Just To Have Fun? (610 Views)

Can You Organise Your Own Funeral Just To Have Fun? / Can You Organise Your Own Funeral Just To Have Fun? / World Biggest Crocodile Is Dead And Ready For Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Organise Your Own Funeral Just To Have Fun? by ohnigeria: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
[img]http://www.ohnigeria.com/2013/04/can-you-organise-your-own-funeral-just.html[/img]

Well, a Chinese student did. Alive and not dead, Zeng Jia decided she wanted to know what it means to attend her own funeral.

The 22-year-old forked out a princely sum for the coffin alone, decorating it with row after row of flowers.
She also paid for a photographer and a team of make-up artists to make her appear more ‘dead’ as she lay in the casket with her favourite doll on her chest.
After an hour lying in state as mourners eulogised about her, surrounded by origami doves hung from the ceiling, Zeng, from Wuhan in Hubei province, arose to join the mourners at her wake.
‘It struck me that people spend all that time and effort on someone when they are gone and they cannot appreciate it,’ she said.
‘I wanted to see what people would think of me so I decided to hold my funeral while I could enjoy it.
‘Experiencing death has made me appreciate life more keenly.
‘I feel so good living after coming out of the coffin.’
Zeng apparently came up with the idea after attending her grandfather’s funeral recently and invited friends and family to witness her own.

http://www.ohnigeria.com/

(1) (Reply)

BRT And African Culture. Please Advise / Human Being Suspect Parts Dealers Confessed / Return To Somalia: Video Documentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.