Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,906 members, 7,956,413 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija (729 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by biba123: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hello my Nairalanders, just a quick one. My brother in law is getting married in Naija, i met my Inlaws once when i visited Naija five years ago, they are nice simple people only a bit demanding for me(mother inlaw in particular). what do you guys think is my responsibility as a wife towards this wedding.i have left naija for a very long time now and i dont want my relatives to know about it so i cant ask them. i dont want to be too hasty, do i need to send gifts to my mother inlaw towards the wedding e.g money, its not like am working full time at the moment. My mother inlaw is a bit demanding (as in when she came to scotland she was always requesting some things i could not afford. My dad has bought some foodstuff towards this wedding for my inlaws. thanks for taking time to read and for your feedback.
Re: Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by overdrive(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
If u hv money to spare pls and pls give to ur hubby but u can always buy presents to give ur mil and whoever else.
Re: Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by aadetoyin(f): 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
I don't think u need to send money to them. Am sure ur hubby would have taken care of that part. If not, u n hubby can ask them what area that they will need ur support for the wedding but if there are too demanding, just agree on something with hubby and both of u should send it.
Pls hold enough money when u are coming Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo and buy gift for members of the family so that u won't be labeled stingy.
As a wife, do what u would do in ur own parent's house if u were visiting them but don't start what u can not finish. Like tryin to be extra nice to ur own discomfort.
Re: Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by biba123: 9:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thanks overdrive and aadetoyin for your response.Hubby has sent money to his family, though am not sure how much. What sort of present would be appropriate? When you say give money how much are we talking?hubby is from a large family about thirty children,he has nine direct siblings. My people where do i start? I so agree with you on not starting what i cannot finish.
Re: Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by baby124: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
Talk to the couple and find out if it will be ok for you to pay someone to cook some little things here and there to add to the food at the wedding. You and your husband should have sent them a gift together. You are fretting so much about the issue. As for MIL, call her to congratulate her on her son. And ask her if she wants something, so you can bring it when you are coming down for the wedding. Opari. wink
Re: Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by biba123: 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thanks Baby123 its just hubby going. I asked the same question when SIL was wedding, she told me if i could buy the lace the couple would be wearing for the engagement and the wedding that is out of my own pocket. i do not mind buying it if i have the cash but i dont want to be sending the wrong signals.
Re: Bro In Laws Wedding In Naija by baby124: 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
biba123: Thanks Baby123 its just hubby going. I asked the same question when SIL was wedding, she told me if i could buy the lace the couple would be wearing for the engagement and the wedding that is out of my own pocket. i do not mind buying it if i have the cash but i dont want to be sending the wrong signals.

It is okay to tell MIL that things are tight for you. And for example, you will be able to take care of the lace for the engagement. Her telling you she needs lace for the wedding and the engagement is just to see how much she can get for the wedding, dont be afraid to do what is within your means. Send her a perfume in addition when your hubby is going down since she likes gifts. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Court Marriage / The Most Popular Day For Moms To Cheat On Their Husbands Is / It's Children's Day! What Have You Done Differently For A Child Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.