Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go (3177 Views)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / Question On Foreign Travel On Nigerian Passport. / Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by efidon: 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
I want to travel as tourist, because i love to visit tourism centres and i have visited olumo rock and erin ijesha waterfall but i love to look beautiful places in Europe.

1. how can i apply for tourist to France, Austria, Germany,Turkey?

2. i have a virgin passport and i was denied for u.k visa as at December 2012.

3.how can i contact tourism centers in Europe and their phone numbers to support my invitation trip?

4.which country are very easy to get tourist visa?
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by efidon: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
efidon: I want to travel as tourist, because i love to visit tourism centres and i have visited olumo rock and erin ijesha waterfall but i love to look beautiful places in Europe.

3.how can i contact tourism centers in Europe and their phone numbers to support my invitation trip?

Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by jydebiz: 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
You can visit Gibraltar,.
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by LaParisienne(f): 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
Would you like to visit a couple of EU countries or just one country?

If it's only one country, you should go to either France, Germany or Italy. These 3 places have a lot of tourist attractions in different cities.

If you'd visit more than one country, Italy(Milan, Venice, Rome or Florence), France(Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux, Strasbourg or Toulouse) and Germany(Berlin, Munchen or Freiburg) or Spain(Barcelona, Mallorca or Sevile) would be a good combination.

-Personally, I prefer France for the cuisine, shopping, night life, scenery, good wine and great beaches down south. Paris is filled with tons of tourism centers. Other french cities are great too.

-Germany is also great but their food is horrible. Lots of tourism centers in Berlin and other cities. The Castles in the Bavarian region are to die for! And of course Germany is the richest and most urbanized country in Europe.

-Italy would be my third choice. Rome is good for old buildings and arts, if you are into that. Venice is so romantic but expensive. Milan is the fashion capital. Florence has great scenery as well as good wine.

-Barcelona is my best city in Spain. It has a combination of history, scenery, good food, night life and good wine. There are lots of touristy things to do and see. Mallorca and Seville are also worth a visit.

I don't know how easy it is to get these countries' visas. But if your motive is clear, and you have a good job and a good amount of money in your account, it shouldn't be that hard. You should try the Italian or German Embassy.
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by LaParisienne(f): 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
I forgot to add Netherlands and Denmark, also great countries. Norway is good, if you are into Fjords like me.

I hope you know that Britain is not a Schengen country. UK visa will not give you access to other EU countries. The other countries I listed are Schengen countries. So you can buy one and play in others, if you know what I mean grin

To answer your third question. Once you've made up your mind about the cities you want to visit, you can start googling hotels and attraction centers in those cities. Then you start making enquiries to your places of interest. I can help you plan your trip for free if you are serious. That is, I can help you put together cities you can visit, how many days to spend in each city, where to eat and lodge and what to see. But you'll contact them directly and also make payments by yourself. I love travelling and I love planning trips.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 10, 2013
efidon: I want to travel as tourist, because i love to visit tourism centres and i have visited olumo rock and erin ijesha waterfall but i love to look beautiful places in Europe.

Go an save your money and tour VI and Abuja...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 10, 2013
fados4sure:

Go an save your money and tour VI and Abuja...

grin grin

Godiswatchingyou
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
La Parisienne: I forgot to add Netherlands and Denmark, also great countries. Norway is good, if you are into Fjords like me.

I hope you know that Britain is not a Schengen country. UK visa will not give you access to other EU countries. The other countries I listed are Schengen countries. So you can buy one and play in others, if you know what I mean ;
To answer your third question. Once you've made up your mind about the cities you want to visit, you can start googling hotels and attraction centers in those cities. Then you start making enquiries to your places of interest. I can help you plan your trip for free if you are serious. That is, I can help you put together cities you can visit, how many days to spend in each city, where to eat and lodge and what to see. But you'll contact them directly and also make payments by yourself. I love travelling and I love planning trips.

Just my 2 cents.

Dhow's shopping in spain, I am actually a bit confused on where to go between france and spain, dunno if I can afford both. Please where will u suggest btw france and spain, I am not a fan of any sort of art, wud like beaches , shopping and just having fun in all
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Vikin:

grin grin

Godiswatchingyou
Instead of you to give him good advise, you are there talking rubbish... Am in Cyprus now and I can categorically tell you that Victoria Island is more beautiful than all the town in Cyprus...
You can't compare Abuja with Lefkosa that is their capital... Abuja is too beautiful to be compare to this place. Come waste money na..
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by LaParisienne(f): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
steph7: Dhow's shopping in spain, I am actually a bit confused on where to go between france and spain, dunno if I can afford both. Please where will u suggest btw france and spain, I am not a fan of any sort of art, wud like beaches , shopping and just having fun in all

Shopping is definitely better in France, Paris to be precise. But there are no beaches in Paris, you'll have to go to the south for that(Marseille, Corsica, French Riviera etc). That shouldn't be a problem as there are Speed Trains that will take you to any part of France. And they are quite efficient.

Barcelona is closer to beaches if that matters to you, but has less shopping and is less fun than Paris. In my opinion.

If you can afford both, fine. Spain is cool, but France is better for what you want.
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by LaParisienne(f): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
fados4sure:
Instead of you to give him good advise, you are there talking rubbish... Am in Cyprus now and I can categorically tell you that Victoria Island is more beautiful than all the town in Cyprus...
You can't compare Abuja with Lefkosa that is their capital... Abuja is too beautiful to be compare to this place. Come waste money na..

Wow, I din't know Cyprus is that bad.
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
La Parisienne:

Wow, I din't know Cyprus is that bad.
The only good things here is constant light, good internet and security
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by NelsonNayo: 12:09am On Apr 11, 2013
Hi i'm a student in France, If your motives are just "tourism" then france is awesome!!! you cant see all of france in one trip, there are so many beautiful cities, and nice things to see and stuff to do!! you can visit nice cities here like paris, lyon, stratsbourg, lille, clermont, avignon, toulouse, marseille, aix en provence, ile de france and soooo many more la baux de provence, France is where you can do everything... from night clubs to chilling at the beach to shopping. Best country in the world :p!!!
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2013
fados4sure:
I don't remember anywhere she said specifically she wants to visit Cyprus!

OP, for tourism, France is best! No two ways about it! Come over to the city of l'amour!

smiley
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by NelsonNayo: 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
vikin u live in france?
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by free13: 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
hmmmmmmmm.........
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by olukojo: 12:56am On Apr 14, 2013
London England is the number 1 place for many travelers and holiday makers to visit in Europe, followed by Paris France, which is one of the most charming and unforgettable places to visit. Rome Italy is a must, not just because Rome offers a lot to visitors in terms of things to do and places to visit, the cuisine is great, the Vatican City which is in the centre of Rome, St Peters Basilica is a must visit also.

Amsterdam Netherlands is another great city to visit, people are friendly. Amsterdam is much more compact compared to London and Paris, so getting around is easy by tram, river boat, bicycle or by foot, whichever that suites you.

Other cities are Berlin Germany, Barcelona Spain and Ibiza Spain during summer, if your not a party animal, Ibiza might not be your scene, because Ibiza is all about night clubs and partying and a beach to recover from a hang over.

One of the key things to remember for any travel is to make sure you book your accommodation in the cities you want to visit before you travel, this is not only because you will get a better price and know where you will be staying, but also because having a confirmed accommodation booking and flight tickets are essential in order to apply for visa. Accommodation and flight ticket and a means of funding your trip either with cash or credit cards are a definite criteria for getting visa to any of these countries.

One tip about applying for visa anywhere, or dealing with the Embassies is, to be honest and don't Bull poo and follow the rules.

By the way, anywhere you want to visit in Europe, make it it Summer time otherwise you will not enjoy it.

You should check out these people for affordable accommodation in cities across Europe http://www.hostels247.com/
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by LaParisienne(f): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
^^^Paris is consistently rated as the most visited city in the world, followed by London.

The OP also stated that he was denied UK Visa last December. I'm surprised you missed that part undecided
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by olukojo: 2:18am On Apr 16, 2013
La Parisienne: ^^^Paris is consistently rated as the most visited city in the world, followed by London.

The OP also stated that he was denied UK Visa last December. I'm surprised you missed that part undecided

I was contributing to this topic, offering the facts as I know it, about the top places to visit in Europe. I was not not commenting on whether the person would get a visa or not.

But by the way being denied Visa once by British Embassy doesn't mean, that if he applies again and has what is required, that he will not be given a visa, I don't know who gave you that idea.

If you say that Paris is busier than London, or receives more visitors, I wonder why London Heathrow Airport is busier than Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris.

When you give advise, give advise that will help or be informative, not because one city is your favorite.

Paris and London happen to be the top two places to visit in Europe, so whichever one, he prefers he can go there, that's ok, after all its his choice.
Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by LaParisienne(f): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2013
olukojo:
If you say that Paris is busier than London, or receives more visitors, I wonder why London Heathrow Airport is busier than Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris.

When you give advise, give advise that will help or be informative, not because one city is your favorite.

You couldn't have been more wrong.

Heathrow might get more traffic than CDG. But Paris is still the most visited city on earth! There are other means of transportation, go figure.

Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta is the busiest airport in the ENTIRE WORLD. But Atlanta isn't the most visited city in the US. NYC and Orlando take that honor.

And no, I'm not a cheerleader for Paris. Just pointing out that having a busy airport doesn't always translate to being the most desirable/visited city.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go by olukojo: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
Now you got that of your chest, take a deep breath and have a good summer

lets go back to what the topic was all about,

I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go

was the question

link for your ref; http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efik45ljkd/most-visited-cities-in-the-world-2012/

(1) (Reply)

Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road / Beautiful Pics Of Yoruba Land Excluding Lagos / Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.