Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

a - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / a (1202 Views)

Roger And Me-michael Moore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

a by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: a by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
cry
Re: a by tpia5: 2:52am On Apr 05, 2013
omg. sad

i just heard he was sick, yesterday.

this is really bad news, i was hoping against hope he would somehow pull through it.

he's one of the best critics in the field [if not the best], always on point.

*this year is just somehow. Not really looking good* LHM.
Re: a by tpia5: 3:01am On Apr 05, 2013
The nation's best-known movie reviewer "wrote with passion through a real knowledge of film and film history, and in doing so, helped many movies find their audiences," director Steven Spielberg said. His death is "virtually the end of an era, and now the balcony is closed forever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/roger-ebert-dead_n_3016769.html?ir=Celebrity

so many eras are ending this year, this is not good.
Re: a by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 05, 2013
Re: a by Jayboy124: 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
We'll likely not have guys like him again. I always made sure I got his take on any film. 95% of the times, he was right.

He'll surely be missed.
Re: a by tpia5: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
omo_to_dun: @tpia

I also hoped he would pull through. At least, he has good works by which he would be remembered. The same can't be said for most people. The man went out a fighter.

True.

Dont know whose reviews i can read now, his were always on point and in depth.

Wish he'd stayed around a bit longer.
Re: a by PhysicsQED(m): 6:41am On Apr 06, 2013
R.I.P.

I enjoyed a lot of his reviews. He was usually spot on about the movies he reviewed.

edit: I don't know why the thread starter changed the opening post and the title, but this thread was about the passing away of the film critic Roger Ebert.

(1) (Reply)

Pls A Site To Download Gladiators By Russell Crowe / To All Lovers Of Game Of Thrones. (preview Of Season 6) / Which Is Your Best Tv Series This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.