Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription (5177 Views)

Android 1+1 Offer Is Back & Better On Airtel / Which Network Is Currently Making You Feel Very Happy On Internet Access? / Etisalat Back And Better On All Opera And Ucweb Handler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
Glo Does It Better

Although I have never use Etisalat BIS service but, I have used their HSI Internet service at one time or the other, both on subscription and on PAYU options and therefore, I can say very little of how their Internet subscription renewal works.
Now, having used Glo, MTN and Airtel Internet services, both BIS and HSI, I have come to concludes that, Glo does it better when it comes to renewing your subscription, after your initial subscription expires by time or by exhausting your allocated data volume.

Glo

Glo Internet subscription is dependent on two factors for it to be termed 'active'.
1. Data volume:- Every single subscription you made, whether BIS or HSI on the Glo network, your subscription is allocated between 10MB to 30GB and will remain active as long as you have data volume on your account.
2. Time:- Every active Internet subscription is allocated between 24hrs to 30 days time frame upon activating your subscription to remain active.
Therefore, when your Internet subscription expires either by time or exhausting your allocated data volume on the Glo network, you easily can resubscribe your previous plan or buy a different plan entirely with immediate access. This will ultimately make your Internet usable uninterrupted to some extent. With this easy way of renewing your expired Internet service on Glo, you are truly in control.

Airtel

When your Internet subscription on the Airtel network, expires by exhausting your allocated data volume, before the time of expiration, you CANNOT re-subscribe again.
The only way can continue to subscribe at this point is to first deactivate the exhausted plan. Now, if you don't know how to cancel your exhausted data subscription, you will be tied down until it finally expires by time. This is the experience I have been through twice now with Airtel network.

MTN

Although it is just once I have subscribed to MTN BIS plan but, the experience of those using MTN Internet service suggest also that, once you exhaust your allocated data volume, you CANNOT buy a new plan without first deactivating the old plan. Again, this method will leave a lot of people frustrated if they don't know how or the process to follow in re-subscribing their data service.
The above is my personal analysis based on my experience with these network operators. What are your views? Share it too.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by OCTAVO: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
What is the essence of this thread, MR Lulu?
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
OCTAVO: What is the essence of this thread, MR Lulu?
Airing my view as usual. Thank you.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by Francheezy(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
wot wld u say bout G.BAM ?
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by OCTAVO: 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Francheezy: wot wld u say bout G.BAM ?
Lolzzz... One word for g-bam: CRAPPY!
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Francheezy: wot wld u say bout G.BAM ?
Misplaced priority offer from Glo.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
OCTAVO:
Lolzzz... One word for g-bam: CRAPPY!
Its intent were wonderful but, its implementation spoiled it all. Should they ever correct the lapses, I think it will still make sense.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by chineduace(m): 7:07am On Apr 05, 2013
Lulu, i've alwaws respected your opinion but not on this one. Since you have used MTN only once you cannot say much about it. You can resubscribe or even top up while using MTN data. When your data bundle finishes, you are automatically opted out and your airtime is not touched till you reset. Besides there is no auto renewal that can be so annoying While glo is so slow in my area, MTN is like a raging fire in my area... Your experience is different as i can see and user experiences will alws differ... So i hereby move for the end of this thread. Someone should second me....lol

1 Like

Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by babarazy: 8:48am On Apr 05, 2013
read his signature.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2013
Can I use Glo router subscription on modem? Will it work?
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by DeeOneBangin: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2013

I tire ooo grin
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2013
chineduace: Lulu, i've alwaws respected your opinion but not on this one. Since you have used MTN only once you cannot say much about it. You can resubscribe or even top up while using MTN data. When your data bundle finishes, you are automatically opted out and your airtime is not touched till you reset. Besides there is no auto renewal that can be so annoying While glo is so slow in my area, MTN is like a raging fire in my area... Your experience is different as i can see and user experiences will alws differ... So i hereby move for the end of this thread. Someone should second me....lol
Yes, you are very correct but, I saw people complaining of their inability to renew their subscription when I subscribed to the MTN COWEEK plan last March. That was what I based my opinion on as I didn't try to resubscribe at that time. But, as for Airtel, my last one day BB subscription was over 5 expired and yet, they kept annoying me with the useless message that I can't resubscribe when my subscription is still active. This is what I have NEVER experienced with Glo.
Yes, experience actually may differs but in my case, Airtel with 3.75G network is rubbish where Glo 2G network is blazingly superb.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:24am On Apr 05, 2013
chuks315: Can I use Glo router subscription on modem? Will it work?
If you have the Router Sim, just insert it on your Modem and test. I am sure it will work because both of them use the gloflat APN. Good luck.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

I tire ooo grin
Tired because, you are not seeing any freebies here.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:28am On Apr 05, 2013
babarazy: read his signature.
My signature have nothing to do with my postings. Do get that okay!!
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by DeeOneBangin: 11:29am On Apr 05, 2013
luluosas:
Tired because, you are not seeing any freebies here.

Freebies shocked Lmao. I jst told u to pm me on the other thread grin
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 11:35am On Apr 05, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

Freebies shocked Lmao. I jst told u to pm me on the other thread grin
Done already.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by abrahym(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2013
@op abi you be glo staff Just wondering
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
abrahym: @op abi you be glo staff Just wondering
Not at all. Thank you.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by puskin: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
@luluosas......U just love to open threads sha.......I duff my hat for you. grin grin
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
puskin: @luluosas......U just love to open threads sha.......I duff my hat for you. grin grin

It's not like that. If that have been the case then, you would been seeing hundreds of Threads created by me since I joined NL. Thank you.
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by DeeOneBangin: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
puskin: @luluosas......U just love to open threads sha.......I duff my hat for you. grin grin

@puskin: u too u can like to close threads sha...... I duff my hat for you grin grin grin
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by puskin: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

@puskin: u too u can like to close threads sha...... I duff my hat for you grin grin grin

Me? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by babarazy: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

lmaOoooooooo!........ You are right ooooooooooo!
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by Francheezy(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
funny peeps
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by luluosas(m): 6:14am On May 22, 2013
This is why I will continue to prefer Glo above other telecoms providers in Nigeria today.
Yesterday, when my MTN Sim card I did a Sim swap became active with Internet access, I thought of exhausting the free 9MB they gave me on my previous recharge, before I will subscribe to the BBCDAY plan of N100.
So, I started to browse with the free MB, thinking I will be disconnected by MTN just like Glo when the free MB is exhausted. How wrong I was!
Therefore, after browsing for a while, I decided to check my account balance lo and behold, the N530 I was having have been reduced to 80 something naira. Honestly, I was very angry with MTN.
Now on the Glo network, whether you are on a paid or on a free bonus data plan, you will be disconnected free Internet service once your allocated data volume is exhausted, and your remaining airtime on your account untouched. This way, you can then decide to resubscribe or continue to browse on PAYU basis, depending on what you want to do.
Why can't other telecoms providers emulate Glo on this one?
Sad!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by Nnachi404(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2014
glo for life
Re: Glo Does It Better On Internet Re-subscription by TrebleChamp(m): 7:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Pls wat is the name of the glo tariff plan that gives 5mb for every #100naira recharge? I switch to the bounce plan yesterday and I wound like to switch back. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

MTN Leaked Bundles? / 9 Best Tecno Phones In Nigeria With Price And Specs (2020) / How To Use Chipper Cash To Pay For Icloud & Apple Music In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.