Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin (2818 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Yvonne Okoro “caught In The Act” (watch) / Download House Of Gold Part 1 And Part 2 By Yvonne Nelson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin by Akgcfr: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
Just the perfect Saturday in Lagos, the red hot sun that we’ve all become accustomed to, no traffic probably due to Easte
r (who cares?? There’s no traffic in Lagos!). Only a movie would make the day a perfect ten. En-route leisure mall!

There’s a moment as important as getting a dying man an oxygen tank, a very critical one! The million dollar moment, when you have to make the decision on what film to watch. God help you if you are with a group of friends…..hmm….too much pressure! You’ll either choose the wrong movie and subject yourself to about 2hours of ‘messiless’ audiovisual torture (think of it as you being your own assassin) or choosing the perfect movie and turning your entire day into bliss (who has seen ‘the meeting’?? Great movie!).

Hmmm…..dilemma! I hate going to the movies without a film at heart. Moment of truth……guess!!! Contract is it! Though i still can’t defend why i chose that, maybe it was just the only obvious choice at that time (too many cartoons in cinemas). Definitely it wasn’t because of the yellow poster (gosh! I hate yellow!! Who doesn’t?) maybe it was just because of the two guys and a frowning black pregnant woman, surely that should be a great story.

The first few scenes passed away flatly though I know it’s meant to help introduce the movie but sue me for expecting a little more. In contrast, it gave me a picture of the end, the two main casts falling in love and living happily ever after blah, blah…. I haven’t discovered my psychic powers yet but after seeing too many romantic comedy flicks….I just couldn’t be wrong.

For the people familiar with hlomla on Jacob’s cross, not a few would be eager to see him deliver on the big screen and to be fair, he did justice to the role. So effortless in delivery you would have thought he was playing out his biography. Yvonne Okoro also did justice to ghollywood, the transition from a local girl to a dame was so easy on the eyes and a job well-done for her. Joseph Benjamin also, you know naa, naija no dey carry last eloquent and professional…. ‘dats all’.

First thing you notice in the movie would be the affluence, the cars, hotels, and that apartment!! I soooo want!! Touché! Ten the crisp picture quality not to be overshadowed by the equally impressive sound. You can amost hear every word just like you can almost pick out the props from the movie

The comedy did not come too far in between either, even though if it’s not going to win the most hilarious film of the year, its still good enough for the occasional chuckles and laughs. The script was also too conventional, no risks, the twists were too minor to make a difference. There was not too many things said/shown about the background of the trio, even the true nature of hlomla’s job/family background might not be too clear to you when you watch. The seemingly ‘overbearing’ mother has to be the worst in history because apart from just one visit, she kind of disappeared from the movie. The ‘waka pass’ actors also provided some dodgy performances with some of the having ‘off the ball‘ issues. I’m no Spielberg, but I think the true ability of an actor to stay in sync even when he is not speaking makes a great actor.

Then the amarula and range rover product placement. You might be forgiven for even seeing amarula as a substitute for water after seeing the movie. Always present even in the most awkward places! At one point i was so sure I would soon see the doctor holding a glass too. Hmmm……someone has to pay the bills you know (man must chop!).

Hey, its wasn’t meant to be an Oscar award winning drama, and you can be rest assured that this is more fun than watching Argo (yuck!) it is a feel good film. Guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face and for once I was proud of my movie decision. Yes! There was a twist at the end! Ma favorite part!!! Hmmm……wanna know Go watch it! Good movie.

Rating: 6/10

http://primeyouth.org/friday-movie-tackle-contract-featuring-yvonne-okoro-joseph-benjamin-and-hlomla-dandala/

Re: Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin by sholay2011(m): 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
Em...Op, are you one of the executive producers of this movie?
You really impressed me in the way you sold this movie.
I hope it would be worth it.
Re: Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin by Akgcfr: 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
sholay2011: Em...Op, are you one of the executive producers of this movie?
You really impressed me in the way you sold this movie.
I hope it would be worth it.

lol.....i wish! watch it and you'd see......'a funny feel good movie' Watch it and c for ursef
Re: Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin by ijebabe: 11:10am On Apr 10, 2013
Thanks for the review. You basically said it was a very good average movie. Good in terms of picture & sound quality but average script.

I liked your honesty and you got me laughing at the product placement in the movie. However, you pissed me off when you dissed Argo, are you on crack? And I like yellow!! angry

There were mistakes in your review, I hope you'd take the time to correct them; like the use of was instead of were in certain places.. Good review though.
Re: Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin by Akgcfr: 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
ijebabe: Thanks for the review. You basically said it was a very good average movie. Good in terms of picture & sound quality but average script.

I liked your honesty and you got me laughing at the product placement in the movie. However, you pissed me off when you dissed Argo, are you on crack? And I like yellow!! angry

There were mistakes in your review, I hope you'd take the time to correct them; like the use of was instead of were in certain places.. Good review though.
[quote author=ijebabe]

Hmm....thanks for reading ma'am, but u like argo?? and yellow wow! *shudders* maybe i'm the strange one....m not a man of many colors....just black! yes black! black is beautiful!
.....and i'll read thru once more for errors....thanks!
Re: Movie Review: ‘CONTRACT’ Featuring Yvonne Okoro, Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
To be fair to all,argo is a boring film,its just an educational film. you watch the movie once and you never go back to it.
good review by the way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Equalizer 2 , Watch Denzel Washington In Full Action Again / How Many Seasons Of Jericho Are There? / Pierce Brosnan's Daughter Charlotte Emily Dies Of Ovarian Cancer At 42.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.