Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,848 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil (10224 Views)

Temi Omolabake Corper Who Died In An Auto-crash Last Night / Youth Corper Who Died In Service Buried Today (Photos) / NYSC Orientation Camp In Ekiti Was Attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by gudugudumeje: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2013
NYSC HAS ALWAYS BEEN A ROGUE IN ISSUES LIKE THIS.... a PEEP INTO NYSC HISTORY OF IRRESPONSIBILITY WILL REVEAL MANY OF THESE CASES.... nigerians are always at risk in matters of corpers always un-insured while on posting assignments....
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by HZwriters: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
it is well
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Rapmaestro(m): 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
JOY JACOB:
are u dumb? story says he was hit frm behind b4 he even knew what was happening and fell unconscious and u r here talking of fighting back. guez ur teeth r not complete in ur mouth as it is obvious u are not sane enof yourself for spewing such rubbish frm ur mouth. or are u a mallam?
hmmm? Chai! Neva knew dis was going 2 make front page.. Decided to joke wif it
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by nenergy(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Wait o! This story isn't complete. Nothing is said about the devilish pupil. May God heal you completely...Amen!
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by maasoap(m): 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
So sad. But NYSC has inaugurated NYSC foundation through which every corp member is mandated to contribute 500 naira when collecting their certificate. We were told that the money was meant for this kind of unpleasant incidents. The contribution started when we were passing out in February 2012. Why couldn't they settle the bills from this fund.
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Faith2002: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
meerah25: So sad,what happen to the pupils that attacked you?i hope the have been arrested?justice should take its causesad
o ma she ooooo poor boy
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by logo77: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sorry bro.

In my days as a youth corper, when students want to be difficult, I just retire to my lodge. And stay away from the concerned class until the serious minded student come and apologise.

I only try to correct students who are my friends.

My advise to all teachers/corpers, don't bother attempting to instill discipline in your students'.

Any attempt to instill discipline in students these days is a sheer waste of your precious time while exposing you to this kind risk (as narrated by OP).

The the level of rot and indiscipline among students (from primary to tertiary institutions)cannot be corrected at school.

1 Like

Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
WARNING..

If you are a corp member posted to teach in rural secondary schools (and even some Government schools in the Capital), My advice is dont try and be bossy to those students. Many corpers have similar stories like this guy to tell. There was a case were they almost molested a female corp member sef.

Most of those students no send school. One of my Hommies in Akwa Ibom state said he set an examination for his class and despite the mass cheating, none of them passed. That he took the scripts to a teacher that simply told him to just pass them and move on.

Thats Nigeria for you o!
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by abdulkayus(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
And if dis has happen in d north, we would hav seen enuf abuse and insults to d northerners and their religion, bt here we are no one is blamin d region or d religion of where dis happen.
Bottom line is there are bad ones everywhere.
To d affected corper, i wish u fast recovery dude.
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Okijajuju1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
abdulkayus: And if dis has happen in d north, we would hav seen enuf abuse and insults to d northerners and their religion, bt here we are no one is blamin d region or d religion of where dis happen.

[b]All Animals are equal, but some are more equal than Others. - Napoleon (George Orwells Animal Farm)

All Nigerians have the tendency to be Violent, but some (Northern Muslims) are more violent than others. - Okija Juju (Okija Shrine 2003)
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by rezzy: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
When i was serving as a teacher, i always respected myself, i dont want to receive insult from them. I dont flog wayward students. Infact, after preaching and advising them, if they refused to listen, then i encourage them to remain wayward. Shikena. I no fit shout.
God will heal you In Jesus name. Amen
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Sinbad2007(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
It's quite a pity!
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Donsammi(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
I am in SS2 ..... Wen i was in junior sch.. NYSC corpers were the prime victims afta sch.. Afta floqqinq studnts u expect to go free handed ...! Ask any body abt Gss/jss kubwa aka BLACK AND WHITE In kubwa abuja
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Suresir: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Rap maestro: U no fit fight ni? Upon all physical exercise
just luk at urself, no gud construction of english. .y wuldn't u complaim when some1 is at d point of death that's y u r stil a member of Boko haram.very hardles.
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by mimigreat77(m): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
ehya touching....... NYSC u guyz ar sopos 2b responsible 4his bills
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Rapmaestro(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nonsense of d highest order
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Holuwahphemy(m): 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
shocked shocked wot happened 2 d pupil? don't tell me He went away unpunished!
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 09, 2013
Holuwahphemy: shocked shocked wot happened 2 d pupil? don't tell me He went away unpunished!
he got amnesty

1 Like

Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 09, 2013
I pray that the LORD ALMIGHTY heal you in Jesus name, Amen. As for the culprits, they must experience the same to feel the pain. If they post me at any primary or secondary school, I'll reject it.
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by EmmyDe25(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dis is one of d many reasons why dis scheme needs to be scrapped! We cant kip losing lives of young nd promising pple; al d in d name of serving ones father land- yl some set of ignoramus schmucks are busy sumwia looting d nations treasury wit their ten fingers.
Gowon nd doz at d helms of affairs nids to have a retink on ds NYSC scheme, as it is just a total waste of tym nd resources, nd an attempt at exposin corpers to unknown dangers in a land wia they have/knw
nobody.
Youth obey d clarion call ko, youth obey d roll call ni!!
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Barayeks(m): 11:02am On Apr 13, 2013
abdulkayus: And if dis has happen in d north, we would hav seen enuf abuse and insults to d northerners and their religion, bt here we are no one is blamin d region or d religion of where dis happen.
guy hush ur trap!!!! this one case does not balance out the hundreds of cases up north... and if i follow ur saying about bad people being everywhere.....it means they are more up north
Re: NYSC ‘abandoned’ Me On Hospital Bed — Ex-corper Who Was Attacked By Pupil by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 28, 2015
All these Igbo people self.........violence and arrogance.I now understand why my grand mum don't like them. All they know is cultism and juju.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orientation Course A Lifetime Experience - Grace Akpabio, Ondo NYSC Coord / Anaconda Snake Swallowed A Female Corper While Bathing Inside The Bush (PHOTO) / Niger Batch A16 Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.