Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm (3196 Views)

High RPM But Not High Speed Please Help. / So Whats The Best rpm to cruise with your car errday / Honda-accord 2005: O2 Sensor/fuel Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm by elektra80: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
My 4 cyl 2005 Honda Accord behaves funny sometimes. When i start in the morning it works normal, revs high for a few secs and then gets to normal after about 45-60 secs.. the rpm stays on 1,000. While driving it works normal and when I match the brake it starts reving high at 1,200 rpm. Sometimes it even moves forcefully by itself while I'm matching the brake on bad roads. When I put it in neutral the rpm goes to 1,500 and when I put in park it goes as high as 2,000 rpm. This leads to high fuel consumption. I know this is not normal, it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes its very smooth but I hate it when it revs really high and rough. it just happened again today while driving back from church. I just started it now and it works normal while parked. I'm afraid when I drive again this would happen. Pls I need help from the professors.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm by layday2005: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
check the injector mouth. its happening to my honda baby boy. my mechanic served the injector mouth and it stopped for a while but has started again.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm by elektra80: 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
layday2005: check the injector mouth. its happening to my honda baby boy. my mechanic served the injector mouth and it stopped for a while but has started again.

Thanks, will try that. What baffles me is sometimes it doesn't behave like that. But recently it has started behaving this way so frequently. Sometimes if i switch off engine for a few minutes and restart it stops and works normal. I still need more opimions
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm by Piyke: 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
elektra80: My 4 cyl 2005 Honda Accord behaves funny sometimes. When i start in the morning it works normal, revs high for a few secs and then gets to normal after about 45-60 secs.. the rpm stays on 1,000. While driving it works normal and when I match the brake it starts reving high at 1,200 rpm. Sometimes it even moves forcefully by itself while I'm matching the brake on bad roads. When I put it in neutral the rpm goes to 1,500 and when I put in park it goes as high as 2,000 rpm. This leads to high fuel consumption. I know this is not normal, it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes its very smooth but I hate it when it revs really high and rough. it just happened again today while driving back from church. I just started it now and it works normal while parked. I'm afraid when I drive again this would happen. Pls I need help from the professors.

I believe you need to clean your throttle body. Is your check engine light on?
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm by elektra80: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
Piyke:

I believe you need to clean your throttle body. Is your check engine light on?

Yes CEL is on. Scanned it and it's p0141 and p2a00 which indicates the 02 sensor and af sensors. Already changed the sensors and reset but p0141 comes back after a few minutes. That is probably because of absence of cat converter. But can a bad cat converter cause the problem?
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm by UmangKumar: 6:27am On Apr 08, 2013
Hello Friends,

Well it could be you ICV witch you can take apart and clean the screen or take a can of brake cleaner and spray it where your intake bolts to the motor and see if it clears it up for a second and if it does your going to need a new intake gasket. As for the anti-freeze check your oil and make sure it looks good and dont look like its mixed with something also check your anti freeze and make sure theres no oil in it cause you could have a blown headgasket or a crack in your radiator thats only leaking while driving! hope this helps man.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

gaadi.com

(1) (Reply)

Reconstructed Exhaust Muffler, How Safe? / How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? / P1155, P0325 And P0330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.