Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ikeja’s Alade Market Went Up In Flames Last Night - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ikeja’s Alade Market Went Up In Flames Last Night (556 Views)

Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) / Dangote Truck Runs Into Cars, Burst Into Flames In Asaba, Many Feared Dead / Man Went Naked Over Fuel Issue (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikeja’s Alade Market Went Up In Flames Last Night by cheekylawyer: 9:56am On Apr 08, 2013
Just yesterday, Sunday, April 7th 2013, the popular Alade market in Ikeja was the scene of a massive fire outbreak.

According the eye witnesses, the fire was massive, even though, there has been no reported cause of the outbreak (as at press time). The Police rushed to the scene after they were alerted yesterday evening, alongside officials of the Lagos State Fire Service who came to save the day, or the money.

Alade Market, as we know (or we know now) is a bureau de change hotspot in Lagos, with millions in foreign currency changing hands daily (millions? Ok, maybe thousands).

It was, like with every major business region, of great import that the fire was effectively put out, and I can only hope the losses weren’t innumerable (chances are they are though).

All I can categorically report for now is that the police & fire officials are working under the clock to limit the damage, and prevent hoodlums from looting the market during the chaos.

Let us hope they are successful. Let us also hope the police don’t join in the looting too. More importantly, let us hope no lives were lost.

Be sure we’ll keep you updated on any more news.

Via Greenlight [http://greenlight.com.ng/2013/04/08/ikejas-alade-market-went-up-in-flames-last-night/]

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Back My Yahoo Account? / A Little Word Of Advice. / Leave Mandela Alone!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.