Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League (3795 Views)

Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by aminho(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Kano Pillars blamed biased officiating after they crashed out of the CAF Champions League on the away goals rule at AC Leopard of Congo.

The Nigeria champions lost 3-0 on Sunday to AC Leopard for this first round tie to be tied 4-4 on aggregate, but the Congolese sneaked through having scored a goal in Kano in the first match.

The round defining-goal was from the penalty spot in stoppage time in Brazzaville on Sunday.
Pillars spokesman Idris Malikawa said the Ivorian referee robbed his team of qualification to the next round of the competition.

“This is daylight robbery. African football is doomed with such refereeing,” blasted Malikawa.
“It’s just unbelievable and if this is how African football is, then we are all doomed.”

Malikawa claimed the referee struck out a 75th minute penalty he initially awarded the Nigeria champions.

“There were no complaints in the first half, but after the interval the referee became something else,” he accused.
The hosts went ahead in the 32nd minute before rallied round to deliver two more goals after the interval and book a place in the second round of the Champions League.

http://www.codewit.com/nigeria-news/7246-pillars-crash-out-of-caf-champions-league
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by HZwriters: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
not sure at all
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by Tsmooth1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
Is kano pillars a Nigerian club? Never heard of them b4.
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by jmoore(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
I thought they lost by 2 goals, I didn't finish listening to the radio commentary. They should have finished up the match during the first leg.
Nigerian teams need to start winning away fixtures on a consistent level especially in African champions league.
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
African football is definitely doomed! That's why I watch EPL and LaLiGA...thats all
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by watchindelta(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
why Africa referees yeye self!
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by Tsmooth1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
I dnt care who win the CAF. SO let me just *spit on this thread* and move to the next one!
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by honeric01(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
I have searched for the game online, nothing came up. why won't African football be seen as a joke when a whole CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE can't be beamed on the continent.
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by aminho(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
honeric01: I have searched for the game online, nothing came up. why won't African football be seen as a joke when a whole CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE can't be beamed on the continent.

$ it was shown on TV here in kano
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by honeric01(m): 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
aminho:
$ it was shown on TV here in kano

Really?
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by aminho(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
honeric01:

Really?
yes i watched it live they show pillers game always in kano
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
aminho: yes i watched it live they show pillers game always in kano

Ok, any foul play?
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by aminho(m): 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
honeric01:

Ok, any foul play?
One of the worst i watched in along time i even regrated watching d game so many offsite freekicks and yellow cards we surely need to improve around hear in africa
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by honeric01(m): 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
aminho:
One of the worst i watched in along time i even regrated watching d game so many offsite freekicks and yellow cards we surely need to improve around hear in africa

Sucks..
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by hikmoj(m): 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
T-smooth:
Is kano pillars a Nigerian club? Never heard of them b4.
wen u always stay glued 2 euro socer hw would u knw ur country's clubs.my 2yr old nephew knws almost all our dear country teams.
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by Chartey(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
honeric01: I have searched for the game online, nothing came up. why won't African football be seen as a joke when a whole CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE can't be beamed on the continent.
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by Afam4eva(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
I thought i saw somewhere that Pillars along with Rangers qualified to the next round.
Re: Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I thought i saw somewhere that Pillars along with Rangers qualified to the next round.

Me too. I'm confused, some reports say they qualified, while others are saying the opposite.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Real Madrid Signs Nigerian Defender / Harry Kane With Beckham In 2005 Vs Now(photos) / Get Well Soon Petr Cech!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.