Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,091 members, 7,842,133 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole (1096 Views)

You All Know Eko Atlantic, Banana Island, What About Orange Island ? / List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. / Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
That was a comment an American man left under one of my articles.

You can view the screen shot.

I can't believe in 2013 someone would say something so IGNORANT. I am SO angry!

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
I don't know about other African countries. But in regards to Nigeria, the comment is spot on.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
La Parisienne: I don't know about other African countries. But in regards to Nigeria, the comment is spot on.

Have to disagree with you on that. Its ridiculous to call Nigeria a sh$thole.

1 Like

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
La Parisienne: I don't know about other African countries. But in regards to Nigeria, the comment is spot on.

That is not a nice thing to say. Are you African?
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
MissRaissa:
That is not a nice thing to say. Are you African?
I'm African, and I'm also a realist. I don't believe in forced patriotism, I say like I see it.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
justwise: [/b]
Have to disagree with you on that. Its ridiculous to call Nigeria a sh$thole.

Ok fine, Nigeria isn't entirely a sh!thole. States like Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Enugu and a few others are slowly showing signs of improvement, but most of the country is massively underdeveloped. Poor quality of life, uber corrupt leaders, a few individuals owning oil blocks, terrible roads and infrastructures, poor healthcare system, poor system of education.... I could go on and on.

Nigeria is an Embarrassment.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by justwise(m): 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
La Parisienne:

Ok fine, Nigeria isn't entirely a sh!thole. States like Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Enugu and a few others are slowly showing signs of improvement, but most of the country is massively underdeveloped. Poor quality of life, uber corrupt leaders, a few individuals owning oil blocks, terrible roads and infrastructures, poor healthcare system, poor system of education.... I could go on and on.

There are more developed states in Nigeria than under-developed ones, corruption does not make Nigeria a sh4thole as this could be found in other developed countries, poor quality of life is relative which again is common in many countries around the world. Saying that Nigeria is a sh$thole because of our short-comings in some areas is just Ignorant

1 Like

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
La Parisienne:

I don't believe in forced partiotism either, but you can't say such horrible things about your own country. You have listed a bunch of things you find wrong about Nigeria and have gone as far as calling it an embarrassement, but let me ask you this: What are you doing to make things better?

What are you doing to ensure things improve 10-20 years from now?

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
justwise:
There are more developed states in Nigeria than under-developed ones, corruption does not make Nigeria a sh4thole as this could be found in other developed countries, poor quality of life is relative which again is common in many countries around the world. Saying that Nigeria is a sh$thole because of our short-comings in some areas is just Ignorant

Lol. I was about to take you seriously until you said this. Nigeria's problems are huge, not just short comings in a few areas. And it will take a lot of time to solve these problems

Poor quality of life is not relative. Poor quality of education is not relative. Bad roads and poor infrastructures are not relative. Lack of access to quality healthcare facilities is not relative etc etc etc.

Believe what you want, we are all entitled to our opinions.

ETA: Nigeria has 36 states, could you list out the ones you call ''developed''? I'd love to see them

1 Like

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
MissRaissa:
I don't believe in forced partiotism either, but you can't say such horrible things about your own country. You have listed a bunch of things you find wrong about Nigeria and have gone as far as calling it an embarrassement, but let me ask you this: What are you doing to make things better?

What are you doing to ensure things improve 10-20 years from now?

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Why are you so sure that Nigeria is my country? And if my country is in a bad condition, why shouldn't I say it out? It's called freedom of speech, you should look it up.

I'm not in a position to do anything to improve the situation. If you think that makes me a part of the problem, you are seriously out of touch with reality.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
The healthcare in America is being subsidized by the money his country is making in this "sh!thole".
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by justwise(m): 12:48am On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

Lol. I was about to take you seriously until you said this. Nigeria's problems are huge, not just short comings in a few areas. And it will take a lot of time to solve these problems

Poor quality of life is not relative. Poor quality of education is not relative. Bad roads and poor infrastructures are not relative. Lack of access to quality healthcare facilities is not relative etc etc etc.

Believe what you want, we are all entitled to our opinions.

ETA: Nigeria has 36 states, could you list out the ones you call ''developed''? I'd love to see them

Again all that you listed is not peculiar to Nigeria, i could see the sense in your argument if you are talking about some states but to suggest that Nigeria as whole is a sh#thole is nothing short of madness.

What is the point of telling you states that are developed in Nigeria when you have your opinion about Nigeria already? Will you visit those states to investigate?

Surely its your opinion, opinions they say... are like a backside, everybody got it, some good and some pretty 'shitty'
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 09, 2013
I can't blame that empty head for saying that $hit.

I blame we Africans for giving them the cause to say so.

Reminds me about a story on how, after creating Africa with all the inherent natural resources, the inhabitants of other continent complained to God for putting all the natural resources in one continent, Africa.,

But God replied, wait and see the kind of people I will put there. And here we are.

But still, I bet he has never been to Africa, he is a victim of propaganda journalism.

1 Like

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2013
justwise:
Again all that you listed is not peculiar to Nigeria, i could see the sense in your argument if you are talking about some states but to suggest that Nigeria as whole is a sh#thole is nothing short of madness.

What is the point of telling you states that are developed in Nigeria when you have your opinion about Nigeria already? Will you visit those states to investigate?

Surely its your opinion, opinions they say... are like a backside, everybody got it, some good and some pretty 'shitty'

Why don't you go ahead and tell me about the developed states which you claim are more than the underdeveloped ones? I might want to visit them, or probably research on them for attitudinal change. Other persons reading this thread might be interested too.

Yeah, the things I listed are not peculiar to Nigeria. But they are miles more profound in Nigeria than in any other country I've ever been to.

Like I stated in my 3rd post, calling Nigeria a sh!thole might be a bit of a stretch. So no offense to anyone. If you want to take it personal, that's your bizwaxx.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by justwise(m): 9:24am On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

Why don't you go ahead and tell me about the developed states which you claim are more than the underdeveloped ones? I might want to visit them, or probably research on them for attitudinal change. Other persons reading this thread might be interested too.

Yeah, the things I listed are not peculiar to Nigeria. But they are miles more profound in Nigeria than in any other country I've ever been to.

Like I stated in my 3rd post, calling Nigeria a sh!thole might be a bit of a stretch. So no offense to anyone. If you want to take it personal, that's your bizwaxx.

No you should have visited at least half of the 36 states then speak from an informed position. How many countries have you visited to be able to compare like-to-like with Nigeria?

Many people who have such opinion about Nigeria don't even own a passport let alone been to Nigeria, they watched few clips from NGOs showing malnourished Africans begging for donation from International community and think the whole of Africa is like that.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2013
justwise:
No you should have visited at least half of the 36 states then speak from an informed position. How many countries have you visited to be able to compare like-to-like with Nigeria?

Many people who have such opinion about Nigeria don't even own a passport let alone been to Nigeria, they watched few clips from NGOs showing malnourished Africans begging for donation from International community and think the whole of Africa is like that.

I haven't been to a lot of countries in the world, but I've been to a handful and it's none of your business. You might want to stay on topic.

I know Nigeria more than you think I do, not just from video clips of hungry people. Nice try. I'm just incredibly disappointed that a country with such vast amount of both human and natural resources can be where Nigeria is right now.

I dunno, maybe things will change. And I pray they do. But I really don't care about forced patriotism. Home is where I want it to be, being a woman makes it a lot easier for me.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
justwise:

I agree. She's a victim of what someone mentioned "propaganda journalism"
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

I haven't been to a lot of countries in the world, but I've been to a handful and it's none of your business. You might want to stay on topic.

I know Nigeria more than you think I do, not just from video clips of hungry people. Nice try. I'm just incredibly disappointed that a country with such vast amount of both human and natural resources can be where Nigeria is right now.

I dunno, maybe things will change. And I pray they do. But I really don't care about forced patriotism. Home is where I want it to be, being a woman makes it a lot easier for me.

You are out for blood. I feel like your hatred for Nigeria is personal. Maybe a Nigerian person hurt you in the past or you are just another victim of propaganda journalism.

Even a person with half a brain can see that Africa as a whole has come a long way. There is NO perfect nation. Even in the US there are areas that look just as poor as some areas in Africa. Have you ever heard of the hood/projects?

The same goes for Island like Jaimaca, Haiti, Dominican and so forth.

As a person with two nationalities, I don't believe in forced patriotism either. I believe home is where you feel happy/comfortable. I just do not agree with anything you have to say. You sound very ignorant and ill-informed.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by LaParisienne(f): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
MissRaissa:
You are out for blood. I feel like your hatred for Nigeria is personal. Maybe a Nigerian person hurt you in the past or you are just another victim of propaganda journalism.

Even a person with half a brain can see that Africa as a whole has come a long way. There is NO perfect nation. Even in the US there are areas that look just as poor as some areas in Africa. Have you ever heard of the hood/projects?

The same goes for Island like Jaimaca, Haiti, Dominican and so forth.

As a person with two nationalities, I don't believe in forced patriotism either. I believe home is where you feel happy/comfortable. I just do not agree with anything you have to say. You sound very ignorant and ill-informed.

LMAO. You are calling me ignorant and ill-informed simply because I don't agree with what you are saying? That says a lot about you.

How dare you compare Nigeria with Jamaica? Jamaica doesn't even have the population of Lagos state, and doesn't even come close to being as endowed as Nigeria in terms of mineral and natural resources, except for the few wonderful beaches that attract a lot of tourists. Haiti and Dominican Republic, really? Talk of ignorance at it's height!!!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm not a victim of propaganda journalism and I don't hate Nigeria. I'm just massively disappointed and I pray things will get better.

I don't care about how many Nationalities you have, it doesn't make you a smart. And it's certainly not my cup of cappuccino.

1 Like

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

LMAO. You are calling me ignorant and ill-informed simply because I don't agree with what you are saying? That says a lot about you.

How dare you compare Nigeria with Jamaica? Jamaica doesn't even have the population of Lagos state, and doesn't even come close to being as endowed as Nigeria in terms of mineral and natural resources, except for the few wonderful beaches that attract a lot of tourists. Haiti and Dominican Republic, really? Talk of ignorance at it's height!!!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm not a victim of propaganda journalism and I don't hate Nigeria. I'm just massively disappointed and I pray things will get better.

I don't care about how many Nationalities you have, it doesn't make you a smart. And it's certainly not my cup of cappuccino.

Please quote where I mentioned having two nationalities makes me "smart"? You say how dare I compare Nigeria to Jamaica? If we can compare Nigeria to North America and Europe, why can't we compare it to Jamaica. In fact, it's more realitic to compare Nigeria to Jamaica than it is to North America and Europe.

You are definitely ill-informed. You are ignoring the progress Africa has made over the last few years. I hope you know hundred of years ago Europe was once what Africa is today. Most African countries are very young. A large number of African countries became independent less than 60 years ago.

I blame African leaders for being irresponsible. If you had questioned the leadersip of Nigeria's Head of State I would have given you much more respect. You get 0 respect for calling Nigeria a sh*thole.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

There is nothing you have written here that shows that you knew jack about Nigeria, if you knew much about Nigeria then sh&ithole will be far from your mouth.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

I bet you are not a Nigerian but only know little or nothing about it, please tell me your country. However, you are entitle to your own opinion though but calling the whole Nigeria a sh#t hole is totally offensive. Hence, you can stress yourself to call Nigeria whatever you like, Nigeria is Nigeria, inspite of our shithole, we are still great in some aspects positively. What you don't know is that, nobody supports forced patriotism here too because a lot of Nigerians already knew their nation more than you do. How would you feel, if someone calls your abode a bullshit? Since you know Nigeria more than what we could imagine, please could you list all underdeveloped states in Nigeria?
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Ugosample(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
When more than half of the countinent's 54 countries are begging for aid, when more than half of the continent cannot boast of self sufficiency or manageable infrastructure, when over three-quarters of the continent cannot boast of good leadership, how can that continent be respected? Let's be sincere to ourselves, Africa is in a mess! What is Africa's contribution to the world in terms of science and technology, economic theories, e.t.c. Or would you blame Colonialism for that? All they see about Africa is war, poverty and disease because we refused to do the right thing! Afterall africa keeps begging for aid and the western countries are giving it which means that they're indirectly feeding many countries in Africa. Instead of looking/researching/discovering how they can be self sufficient, they look for the easy way out. If an able bodied middle aged man is always begging for food or money from his neighbours and at the same time is not trying to be self sufficient, will such person be respected? That is the situation Africa finds itself in, and that is why people call Africa names, and that is why Africa is not respected in the comity of nations. It's as simple as that!
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Ugosample(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
Demaejy:
I bet you are not a Nigerian but only know little or nothing about it, please tell me your country. However, you are entitle to your own opinion though but calling the whole Nigeria a sh#t hole is totally offensive. Hence, you can stress yourself to call Nigeria whatever you like, Nigeria is Nigeria, inspite of our shithole, we are still great in some aspects positively. What you don't know is that, nobody supports forced patriotism here too because a lot of Nigerians already knew their nation more than you do. How would you feel, if someone calls your abode a bullshit? Since you know Nigeria more than what we could imagine, please could you list all underdeveloped states in Nigeria?
To me, Abuja, not even the whole of FCT is developed because a state without a reliable transport system, good drainage and good infrastructure is developed.
Re: Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
La Parisienne:

You sound so ignorant and the bible says that "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" it forgot to include especially dose who judge from TV and Media opinions

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant Working At Westminster 'used Fake Passport' / Wow, See 15 Most Expensive Hotels In The World Where Presidents Spend Our Money! / Panic In Georgia! Lions, Tigers, Hippos, Bears, Escape Zoo After Deadly Flood!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.