Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria (26831 Views)

Lassa Fever Spreads To Ekiti As Nursing Student Is Diagnosed With In The State / All You Should Know About The Lassa Fever As It Spreads To 11 States, Kills 42 / Photo: Face Eating(noma) Disease Spreads In Nigeria (viewer Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by yawkusi: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2013
Valto: what a disgusting disease... God pls save ur people

It's only knowledge that can save them

1 Like

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by webizone(m): 11:21am On Apr 09, 2013
lorretta u: Northeners and diseases.I wonder what the north will be like when their wishes are granted them.Western education is a sin.so pls I hope they'll leave western medicine alone.and die in their ignorance and diseases.fo.ol.ish cows.ignorant apes.

Anyways, although they shouldn't be illiterate, not every idea that comes from western education is good. A lot of their ideas these days are satanic. My point? Never forget where u come from.

1 Like

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by igbeke: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2013
deliveryboy: Must we end up with religion and tribalism on every topic, the way some of us think is just exhausting, even on health matters? Haba!
dont blame dem. dey r only expressing deir feelings. it simply show we dont like ourselves and not supposed 2 be 2geda in d 1st place.
d north has severally gave d south reasons to hate so i tink dey r only been paid in deir own coins.
if we r going to change d course of dis trend, den more of d corrections will have to come from d north.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Reyspin(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2013
Heya NNEOMA is chopping northerner's face...Igbo people are retaliating in their own simple way...FG is ontop of d situation...
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by calabardick(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2013
Love_Decay:

What is the source of this information ?

What a silly question!
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 11:35am On Apr 09, 2013
eastman11: A USAID Coordinator from USA whom i interact with whenever he comes to Nigeria has this to say: It will take the North about 100yrs to get to the level of human development in the South if they change the way they practice their religion otherwise their situation will continuously get worse to the point that you cannot differentiate them from animals.
no doubt indeed they are animals
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Gudiza(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2013
Ogidi-Olu:
Please mods, always write "STRONG GRAPHIC CONTENT, VIEWERS' DISCRETION ADVISED" on threads like this. Be sensitive!!! angry

nairaman66: Shocking! Strong Graphic Content! @Op: Don't be insensitive to NL readers!!

But I don't see no graphics? Generally i agree, but when you click a picture link on a 'rare disease' thread, i dont think u should go expecting ice cream and cotton candy.

yawkusi: It's only knowledge that can save them

Good talk.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by tantita(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2013
adejoro75: 95% of the diseases in Nigeria are in Northern regions. The more they kill innocent citizens in the name of religion, the more nature and fate pay them back in kind with all sorts of pestilence: VVF, guinea worm, TB,eye infections, Polio, leprosy and now, flesh-eating bacteria.
....95percent u sy...frm which authority body...nl una serzly nid 2 do wy wit al dis road side researchers.

1 Like

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Sezua(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2013
mike404: Which one be NNEOMA again

na my local govt chairman name
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by tomakint: 11:53am On Apr 09, 2013
tpacalipse: ^^Just wait for the source, don't worry.
You just beat me to that lovely response you gave him, he go wait tire for sauce no be only source grin
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by OLEBRUKU(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
ppl wey dey lyk to kiss shud beware since dem say e dey stat for mouth.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by G12(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:
The same loving God that sent his son on suicide mission.
So a loving God sends diseases to people....

When doctors cure them, are they working against God?

Ur level of ignorance don pass becareful. Anyways, still becareful.

He has mercy on whom He pleases. He's the unquestionable God. He can kill and can also make alive. He can take any form.

Have you ever heard the same Doctors saying "we treat but God heals"?

"The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom". U lack wisdom!

Becareful or I use "the blood of Jesus to fleet you".
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by tomakint: 12:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:

Don't worry you no go fit understand as you be mosquito grin
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by spikesC(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
lastpage:

Lick the ar.se of a Mode! shocked shocked grin grin grin

Just joking.
Post your Topic first, if it is "news-worthy", l expect the Mod should promote it to Front Page.
At times people "shout" ........ FRONT PAGE PLEASE! grin grin

Can you shout? Okay try make l hear! cheesy cheesy

Lastpage!

What is a Mode?
How do i shout FRONT PAGE PLEASE!
Am confused o
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
adejoro75: 95% of the diseases in Nigeria are in Northern regions. The more they kill innocent citizens in the name of religion, the more nature and fate pay them back in kind with all sorts of pestilence: VVF, guinea worm, TB,eye infections, Polio, leprosy and now, flesh-eating bacteria.
Even I a southerner wudn't wish dis on anybody...northerner or eastener dat was too harsh.......U shldn't punish a child fr d sins of his fada...d topic states dat it mainly affect children.....

2 Likes

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Lakayana: 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
rusep: Just like the Southerners are selling babies in this century.
at least southerners are selling theirs what do you doing with yours? You just keep on producing them in their millions no education, shelter these children roam about the streets with no direction end up as suicide bombers.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by megawax8: 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
spikes C: Pls how do i post a topic on the frontpage
wen u r @ d frontpage,at d top left corner of the online user column,u'ld see a open new thread......i kno u wuld sae it aint dere,jst luk ril hard,happened to me my first dayz @ NL.....
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by megawax8: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
lastpage:

Lick the ar.se of a Mode! shocked shocked grin grin grin

Just joking.
Post your Topic first, if it is "news-worthy", l expect the Mod should promote it to Front Page.
At times people "shout" ........ FRONT PAGE PLEASE! grin grin

Can you shout? Okay try make l hear! cheesy cheesy

Lastpage!
no o,he wuld hav googled it nw......mtcheww!!! Google ambassador to NL
pple dnt ask all d tym jst cos dey cnt use google,culd jst be to hear odaz opinion...
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Lawd have mercy! Aa ma ri iru eleyi afin deru ba oloro ni ke.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by salt1: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:
Very myopic statements...

And our leaders responsible for the general backwardness there? What happens to them?

Truth is bitter but liberating. When people refuse education, their economy, hygiene, nutrition remains at a low level.Even tho our friends up North may be unhappy, truth is that many diseases that are extinct in the South are still holding sway in the North. I've lived and worked in Kano and toured Maiduguri, Sokoto, Gombe, Gusau and Bauchi. It is depressing and women and children are the hardest hit.
Which leaders are you blaming? Northerners have ruled at the Federal level. It's in the interest of the Northern elite to keep their people poor and illiterate. They brainwash and strap bombs on their illiterate followers while sending their own children abroad for quality education

1 Like

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by Ozonna(m): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nna mehn shocked What is face eating bacteria kwa This thing is not normal for Christ sake
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by porka: 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2013

fyi HIV is prevalent in the South and Middle Belt than the core North.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by ministergh: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
You bunch will always have an excuse for st*p**ity.... tell both nigerian men and women to stop bleaching.

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20134514845907984

quote author=kandiikane]This disease was made in labs. They have now dumped it on Nigerians. [/quote]
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by tomakint: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
ProfSule:

U re very very stupid nd selfish.
True true your name na Professor Sule! undecided
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by tomakint: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
porka:

fyi HIV is prevalent in the South and Middle Belt than the core North.
FYI there is no region in this country that matches the numbers of people with sexually transmitted diseases as the core north go do your research well undecided
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by OCcool: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
musKeeto:

oh pls just shut up ur mouth
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by abdulkayus(m): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
tomakint:
FYI there is no region in this country that matches the numbers of people with sexually transmitted diseases as the core north go do your research well undecided

na for there u LIEEEEEEED. Even d southerners know dat d high rate of STD is in d south. Apart frm Benue in d north, all other states wit high no of STD are in d south.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
picture of a man suffering from NOMA

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by agohavivi(f): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
ah! You are wicked sha. In as much as I agree with you, I think that's too much.
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by sssob: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
hi all...here is a picture of the disease..

Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by BlueMountain1(m): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
Re: Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria by nat138: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Please people can we give a break with all the tribal bruhaha. Simply because the article said it has been reported mostly in the North doesn't mean it can't happen/ affect people elsewhere.
Afterall, the Wikipedia article on NOMA Disease lists the following as predisposing factors to the the disease;
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Poor oral hygiene
- Poor sanitation
- Unsafe drinking water
- Proximity to unkempt livestock
- Recent illness
- Malignancy
- An immunodeficiency disorder, including AIDS
so now looking at it objectively and not from our hypocritical views, is it only in the North that we see the above mentioned factors?

Please information is free these days and you can get free information on almost every subject, so please lets avail ourselves to information and stop displaying ignorance in the name of catching fun.

Many thanks,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Why We Won’t Reveal Italian Identity – Lagos Govt / Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft / 5 Ways To Shave Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.