Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Why Are We Black? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Black? (2369 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Black? by omiobo: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
I was watching CNN,when the above question flashed my mind. Within me I tried to find answer to the question,but I was not convinced.
Did God create us black or Is it as a result of the sins of our forefathers? Is it a curse,or presence of melanin in our body as they say? I will be glad if a nairalander can come up with a convincing answer.
Re: Why Are We Black? by Inik(m): 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
We are black because God created us this way, he put the melanin pigment in our Dna when he created the black race.
Re: Why Are We Black? by mantraa: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
All humans came out of Africa. When they migrated to colder climates tens of thousands of years ago the lighter skinned ones (albinos) survived better in the colder climate, whereas the dark skinned ones could not and died out. The humans who stayed in Africa remained dark skinned. It's the same reason why you have white tigers, white bears, white rabbits in cold snowy climates. It's called natural selection
Re: Why Are We Black? by k2039: 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
At birth, we all didn't chose our race, our family, our nationality, our tribe e.t.c. We were born into them.

One thing I know for sure is that, it has nothing to do with any fore father's or fore mother's sin.

Like someone said earlier it is as a result of 'natural selection', our bodies where sculpted according to the climates and geographies that each race is indigenous too.
Re: Why Are We Black? by ooman(m): 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
mantraa: All humans came out of Africa. When they migrated to colder climates tens of thousands of years ago the lighter skinned ones (albinos) survived better in the colder climate, whereas the dark skinned ones could not and died out. The humans who stayed in Africa remained dark skinned. It's the same reason why you have white tigers, white bears, white rabbits in colds snowy climates. It's called natural selection

Albinism is not white skin. Some white people are themselves albinos.

what account for change in color is called cline in population genetics.
Re: Why Are We Black? by mumumugu(m): 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
Odumare was drunk. He moulded us and left us on fire to burn
Re: Why Are We Black? by tpia5: 12:47am On Apr 10, 2013
mantraa: All humans came out of Africa. When they migrated to colder climates tens of thousands of years ago the lighter skinned ones (albinos) survived better in the colder climate, whereas the dark skinned ones could not and died out. The humans who stayed in Africa remained dark skinned. It's the same reason why you have white tigers, white bears, white rabbits in cold snowy climates. It's called natural selection

Capoids are not dark skinned, neither are berbers.
Re: Why Are We Black? by jayriginal: 1:39am On Apr 10, 2013
omiobo:
Did God create us black or Is it as a result of the sins of our forefathers?

Here is another person with your mindset. Man Was Not Created Black; Man Turned Black Due To Punishment And Suffering

https://www.nairaland.com/1176760/man-not-created-black-man
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 10, 2013
tpia@:

Capoids are not dark skinned, neither are berbers.

Berbers are actually darker skinned than white people generally. Capoids are black.

Just shut up if you dont know what you are saying

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Black? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37am On Apr 10, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^óhhhhhhhhhhhhh WELCOME BACK LOGICBOY!

abt Berbers, the Kabyle, etc. pure Berbers are yellowish-white.

The Touareg, the pure ones are brown. the Bella-mixed Touareg are dark brown - black.

anyways who cares for skin color? only tribe matters.
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
Man look around u,see things 4 urself everything is colorful that's d beauty of life,birds,goats,cows,horses,butterflies,etc they all have different colors,don't believe everything u read,especially d bible,if a white man find a way to God or to eternal life,do u think he 'll give it to u for free?think Africans think.simple water was bottled by a whiteman for money.

What make u think a whiteman will teach u the way to eternal life for free,even for them to teach u how to fix a car,u pay through ur nose.here they brought us word of god for free,no I don't believe them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Black? by omiobo: 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
euromilion: Man look around u,see things 4 urself everything is colorful that's d beauty of life,birds,goats,cows,horses,butterflies,etc they all have different colors,don't believe everything u read,especially d bible,if a white man find a way to God or to eternal life,do u think he 'll give it to u for free?think Africans think.simple water was bottled by a whiteman for money.

What make u think a whiteman will teach u the way to eternal life for free,even for them to teach u how to fix a car,u pay through ur nose.here they brought us word of god for free,no I don't believe them.
shocked
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
omiobo: I was watching CNN,when the above question flashed my mind. Within me I tried to find answer to the question,but I was not convinced.
Did God create us black or Is it as a result of the sins of our forefathers? Is it a curse,or presence of melanin in our body as they say? I will be glad if a nairalander can come up with a convincing answer.
i dont know why you are black. you must have offended the gods. as for me, i am chocolate brown. you must be going through some hardship. only brown people i know turn black are going through hardship OR having jobs with no protection from the sun ( like say being a construction worker where you have to be in the sun )

for example the israelites skin turned black because of famine and heavy sunshine ( lamentations 4 vs 8 ) ( lamentations 5 vs 10 )
Re: Why Are We Black? by omiobo: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
obadiah777: i dont know why you are black. you must have offended the gods. as for me, i am chocolate brown. you must be going through some hardship. only brown people i know turn black are going through hardship OR having jobs with no protection from the sun ( like say being a construction worker where you have to be in the sun )

for example the israelites skin turned black because of famine and heavy sunshine ( lamentations 4 vs 8 ) ( lamentations 5 vs 10 )

Is there anything like chocolate brown? Stop deceiving yourself, you are next to charcoal grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Black? by alfaman2: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
bunch of racists.
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

Berbers are actually darker skinned than white people generally. Capoids are black.

Youre right.

@topic...God made us this way..and I am glad he did.
Re: Why Are We Black? by jmoore(m): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
@op,why are some taller or shorter than you?
Re: Why Are We Black? by tpia5: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

I assume you're feeling funky because some fellow opened a thread asking of you.

Also, some other creatures are showing you support in your little mad world.

Beware of generalizing your reception here, face the ones who want you back.

I do have to generalize and ask though, why are atheists so crass and ill mannered.

Any mod who wants to hide this post should also hide the quoted one.
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 11, 2013
tpia@:

I assume you're feeling funky because some fellow opened a thread asking of you.

Also, some other creatures are showing you support in your little mad world.

Beware of generalizing your reception here, face the ones who want you back.

I do have to generalize and ask though, why are atheists so crass and ill mannered.

Any mod who wants to hide this post should also hide the quoted one.

I missed your craze, Tpia! smiley
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 11, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Youre right.

@topic...God made us this way..and I am glad he did.

I disagree with your belief in god. Hwever, I agree with your sentiment that one should be proud of his or her race/colour. Nothing more disgusting than a self-hating uncle tom

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Black? by tpia5: 6:11am On Apr 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

I missed your craze, Tpia! smiley

Like i said, face your friends here.

I am not one of them.

And please, enough of the back and forth.

As per craze, look in the mirror.
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2013
omiobo:

Is there anything like chocolate brown? Stop deceiving yourself, you are next to charcoal grin
smdh. you must be color blind.

<<<< brown not black

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2013
<<<< THAT AINT MY SKIN BY THE WAY LOL. THATS A COLOR CHART I GOT OF THE NET TO PROVE WHAT BROWN IS. AND THIS IS BLACK
[img]http://4.bp..com/-cNjv_biNIcE/UKz5GdDxv-I/AAAAAAAAADA/s8_3Axu8mQY/s1600/black1.gif[/img] BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BLACK AND BROWN
Re: Why Are We Black? by omiobo: 9:40am On Apr 11, 2013
obadiah777: smdh. you must be color blind.

<<<< brown not black

Are the british really white,as in color? Guy, Even though you are brown as u say,are not next to black? Guy,find somewhere go put yansh joor.
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2013
omiobo:

Are the british really white,as in color? Guy,find somewhere go put yansh joor.
THE BRITISH ARE PINK OR A LIGHTER SHADE OF RED. NOT WHITE. [img]http://3.bp..com/_DrgmDYU23MY/S7x44EncJGI/AAAAAAAAA8M/5NEs6DdTyxw/s1600/burnt_to_a_crisp.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Are We Black? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 09, 2013
Inferiority complex is the reason for this thread. this question has not even crossed my mind before cos i don't see the big deal in being black or white....

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Black? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2013
climate, etc.
Re: Why Are We Black? by omiobo: 4:39pm On May 13, 2013
speedyboi: Inferiority complex is the reason for this thread. this question has not even crossed my mind before cos i don't see the big deal in being black or white....

I didn't feel inferior. it was a thought that flashed my mind. And I've gained a lot by opening the thread.

(1) (Reply)

"God Murdered Millions." / Testimonies From The Lords Chosen Port-harcourt Crusade Today. / The Bible In A Nutshell (part 1 Of 3) very funny and entertaining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.