Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,491 members, 7,843,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

House Flipping In Nigeria - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / House Flipping In Nigeria (12636 Views)

Be Free Financially With Domain Flipping Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by manie(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
Real estate investment can create jobs for Nigerians, but the unnecessary bottle-neck created by politicians and civil servants is discouraging average Nigerians and big time investors from investing in the sector.

A 15 million housing unit deficit is quite huge, but who are the people to solve this problem.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by manie(m): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
spyder880:

While I agree with most of your points, I disagree that real estate is like stock business because I have played both markets on the highest levels. I lost more than xx million in the 2007 market crash so I know what am saying.

Real estate is real estate and it retains its value much more than stocks which you can wake up one morning and your company has packed up.

Did you invest in the market with figures or emotion. Were you a fundamental investor, technical investor, contrarian investor, value investor etc?
What value did you see in the companies you invested in when they were selling at a multiple of over 40.

Come to the Island and I will show property who have lost their between between 2007 and 2013. The most important thing for every investor is not to over pay for any investment be it stock, real estate or business.

1 Like

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by maclatunji: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
manie:

I have not gotten certificate of occupancy to the property I bought at Ajah between 2001 and 2002. Fashola wants us to pay 4 million for the ratification of our property, it is after ratification that we can now process c of o.

Which one is ratification? Did you buy government land?
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by maclatunji: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
manie: Real estate investment can create jobs for Nigerians, but the unnecessary bottle-neck created by politicians and civil servants is discouraging average Nigerians and big time investors from investing in the sector.

A 15 million housing unit deficit is quite huge, but who are the people to solve this problem.

Yeah, I did some work on this last week. I think a mixture of rapid economic growth and modern building techniques will be critical to surmounting this deficit. Look towards the Chinese and other rapidly developing countries to transfer their knowledge and technology to Nigeria soon.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by manie(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2013
maclatunji:

Which one is ratification? Did you buy government land?

I bought form Omo - onile, Fashola said the land was acquired for Agriculture during the days of Awolowo as the Premier of Western Nigeria.

When Lagos State was created out of the old Western Region in the 70s, Lagos inherited the land from Western Region. The area is built up, and it is obvious that Lagos can not use the land for Agriculture again.

Anybody that wants a certificate of occupancy in Ajah axis must first ratify the land or get the Governor's consent
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by manie(m): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2013
maclatunji:

Yeah, I did some work on this last week. I think a mixture of rapid economic growth and modern building techniques will be critical to surmounting this deficit. Look towards the Chinese and other rapidly developing countries to transfer their knowledge and technology to Nigeria soon.

Government should first of all remove the bottle-necks that real estate investors are facing.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by maclatunji: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
manie:

I bought form Omo - onile, Fashola said the land was acquired for Agriculture during the days of Awolowo as the Premier of Western Nigeria.

When Lagos State was created out of the old Western Region in the 70s, Lagos inherited the land from Western Region. The area is built up, and it is obvious that Lagos can not use the land for Agriculture again.

Anybody that wants a certificate of occupancy in Ajah axis must first ratify the land or get the Governor's consent

You bought government land whatever the facts are. It might be best for you to comply with government's decision on the matter.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by manie(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2013
maclatunji:

You bought government land whatever the facts are. It might be best for you to comply with government's decision on the matter.

What about those who bough land at Ibafo, Mowe etc that were also required by government to ratify the document to the land, before they can start processing certificate of occupancy. Government acquisition is another way of defrauding real estate investors in Lagos and Ogun States.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by femzybiz(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
Nice business idea. i will like to more about this.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by kunmi5: 1:17am On Apr 21, 2013
My own piece, Please ensure whichever property you purchase for the intention of flipping has a TITLED DOCUMENT. Not talking about SURVEY which is mostly available but a TITLE registered with the domiciled STATE GOVERNMENT.
By this, its a form of security, it also increases the value of the property upon your renovation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Banking Stocks Record Biggest Fall Since 2016 / Contemporary 4 Bedroom Duplex Arc Design For A 20ft X 100ft Land / Betking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.