Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Faulty Radiator - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Faulty Radiator (672 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Changing The Radiator Of Your Tokunbo Car From Single Cell To Double Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faulty Radiator by teeebest(m): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hi all,please I'm kind of confused and I need a professional advice pls.I use a honda accord 2001 model.the problem I'm having is dat whenever I use a.c,the temperature of the car rises abnormally,almost to the red zone but if I didn't use the a.c,the temperature is always normal and the car functions well.some how the gas in the car leaked and the a.c didn't work,so I took it to a technician,after explaining the issues,he changed the pipe and made a repair on the compressor and after checking dat every other part works well,he refilled d gas.but on my way home, just after 20 mins,I realised dat my D4 indicator is blinking,the temperature starts rising and I couldn't accelerate even after switching off the a.c.I managed to move the car home after switching it off Fø̲̣̣я̅ like 3mins,I started the car again and it works fine without a.c ooo.a mechanic checked today and he said the problem is the RADIATOR.I want to ask our experts if truly I have to change the radiator.
Note:I have bled the radiator,the two fans works well,the radiator doesn't consume water,I only top it with few drops everymorning(dnt know if dat is d normal way it should work though).
Please,I dnt just want †̥ get a radiator and still face thesame issues.PLS HELP a brother.thnx
Re: Faulty Radiator by teeebest(m): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2013
@ Ikenna,@ Sienna,and others, I'm expecting ur replies.
Re: Faulty Radiator by cretin: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2013
do u have coolant or water in ur radiator?.
check that the ac pulley is free and not binding...
3rdly...drain n flush ur radiator within clean water..preferabbly connect a hose to ur tap open the lower radiator pipe n flush through the top...after flushoinging...topfill ur radiator with good coolant....confirm the pulley is free n not binding
Re: Faulty Radiator by teeebest(m): 9:30am On Apr 11, 2013
cretin: do u have coolant or water in ur radiator?.
check that the ac pulley is free and not binding...
3rdly...drain n flush ur radiator within clean water..preferabbly connect a hose to ur tap open the lower radiator pipe n flush through the top...after flushoinging...topfill ur radiator with good coolant....confirm the pulley is free n not binding
◦-†нªηкs-◦ will work on it.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Ford Cars / 'A Diamond Dazzled Mercedes Benz SL-60' / Brake Light Display After Engine Oil Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.