Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? (1246 Views)

School To Fire Professor For Saying Christians, Muslims Worship Same GOD / Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God ? / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God - Please Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by Joagbaje(m): 6:35am On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2013
no. one worshipps an ex-Pagan Sun God, the other worships an ex-Pagan Moon God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by Cheggoon(m): 7:27am On Apr 11, 2013
Religion Йą him D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ cause problem pass, fƠ̴̴̴͡я̅ this world...plz OP N̸O̸ cause anoda E-Religion fight fƠ̴̴̴͡я̅ naira land again..
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by specco(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
JOHN 14 verse 6. Jesus emphatically stated that He is the only WAY to the FATHER. He that has ears to hear let him hear and I pray God to open our ears to hear.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by FromGuiriga(m): 4:14am On Apr 13, 2013
I think so. Different understanding of the same God perhaps.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by ManirBK: 11:03am On Apr 13, 2013
EARLY CHRISTIANS PROSTRATION
AND PRAYER MATS: CHRISTIANS
PRAYING LIKE MUSLIMS.

Early Chistians Prayed Like Muslims
and Jesus...
Speaking of the 7th century,
Diarmaid McCulloch tells the
Christians were praying like
Muslims before the coming of
Islam:
…the characteristic prostration of
Muslim prayer was then normal in
the Christian Middle East, where it
still survives in some traditional
Christian communities. Prayer
mats, still one of the most familiar
features of the mosque today,
were extensively used by the
Christian monks as far apart as
Syria and Northumbria or Ireland
before the coming of Islam. [A
History of Christianity, Diarmaid
McCulloch, Penguin Group, 2009,
p258]
Why would early Christians pray
like Muslims?
Could it have anything to do with
Prophet Jesus (p) worshipping
God in the manner in which
Muslims pray? In fact, even
Christian sources point to this:
Going a little farther, he fell with
his face to the ground and
prayed, “My Father, if it is possible,
may this cup be taken from me.
Yet not as I will, but as you
will.” [Matthew 26: 39, NIV]
Going a little farther, he fell to the
ground and prayed that if
possible the hour might pass
from him. “Abba,[a] Father,” he
said, “everything is possible for
you. Take this cup from me. Yet
not what I will, but what you
will.” [Mark 14:35-36, NIV]
Also see: Luke 22:39-46
Apart from the glaring theological
problem which Trinitarians
encounter from such passages
(i.e. that of Jesus worshipping
God!) we can clearly see that Jesus
appears to pray in the manner of
the Muslims according to Christian
sources. Thus, from these
passages we can understand the
usage of prayer mats within
Christian communities prior to the
coming of Islam.
Note: The word Father (Abba) is
simply a Jewish term for God. It is
not to be taken literally, Professor
Geza Vermes writes: Jesus prayed
there in the solitude, invoking God
as ‘Abba’, ‘Father’ or My Father’.
The word is given in Aramaic in
Mark and in Greek in Matthew and
Luke. Abba is a familiar but also
respectful expression. It is not the
equivalent of ‘Daddy’, as some
New Testament scholars have
unwisely ventured to propose.
[‘Jesus’ Nativity-Passion-
Resurrection, Geza Vermes,
Penguin books, 2008, p. 208]
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by PastorOluT(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
From_Guiriga: I think so. Different understanding of the same God perhaps.

You obviously don't know what you believe?;(
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by ninja4life(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Its a yes and no but in my opinion dey are both man made religion just like other religions.it might be a yes cos dey both have similar origin and way of worship but christianity has been lot more diluted to fit d modern day life and islam also to some extent dis can also b seen in d manner of teachings in both religions which is similar in both bible and quran in which deir evil god gives dem permission to kill non believers and also both bible and quran supports injustice against women considering dem as being low compared to men dis is evident in both evil books but d main difference is dat christian bible has always been reinterpreted to suite d preachers purpose while some muslims wish to follow deir allahs will by killing people e.gboko haram i can go on and on about d similiarity btw both religions its just dat christianity is evolving while islam is stagnant following outdated principles of 10th century in 21st century such as praying on mat facing mecca while praying and all sort of rubbish
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

You obviously don't know what you believe?;(

If you do know what I believe then tell me.
If you do not know then stop being a hypocrite and stop passing judgements.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by PastorOluT(m): 4:43am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote
author=From_Guiriga]

If you do know what I believe then tell me.
If you do not know then stop being a hypocrite and stop passing
judgements.
[/quote]

Sorry if i am little harsh, and don't call me an hypocrites or being
judgmental.

Its just that if anyone truly knows the God he serves he would know that
xtianity and Islam are light years apart. When there is comparison and
xtians says there is no difference, I'm like do you really know the God
you serve?

So what do you believe pls?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by esere826: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2013
Lets approach the question this way:
Do jews and xtians worship the same God?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2013
esere826: Lets approach the question this way:
Do jews and xtians worship the same God?
Lol. You want to distort the question.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by esere826: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You want to distort the question.

Nope
I just want to show that it all boils down to the concept/definition of God and Worship
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2013
esere826:

Nope
I just want to show that it all boils down to the concept/definition of God and Worship
I still don't understand. How exactly do you mean?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by esere826: 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
Reyginus: I still don't understand. How exactly do you mean?

Christians and Mulims worshiping the same God could be true or false.
It all depends on the approach

Lets try this approach:
Judaism and xtianity 'worship' the same God -As per Abrahamic faith
Judaism and islam 'worship' the same God -as per Abrahamic Faith

Now this:
-Judaism worship a unitary God that they believe Abraham had contact with and was further revealed by Moses
-xtianity worship a unitary/trinity God that they believe Abraham had contact with, was further revealed by Moses and Jesus was a complete expression of
-Islam worship a unitary God that they believe Abraham had contact with, was further revealed by Moses and Jesus and finally by Mohammed

If you keep it up, u might say YES they do 'worship' same God, or NO they dont.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Sorry if i am little harsh, and don't call me an hypocrites or being
judgmental.

Its just that if anyone truly knows the God he serves he would know that
xtianity and Islam are light years apart. When there is comparison and
xtians says there is no difference, I'm like do you really know the God
you serve?

So what do you believe pls?

No Problem.

Have you read the Quran? If you did, you will noticed similarities. If you are a pastor, specially in Nigeria you should know that Islam is a descendant of Judaism. Another words, is a later version of Judaism (perhaps with some cultural practices of the time). In fact, stories in the Quran are found in earlier manuscripts which Christian reject as agnostics writings. But they were certainly around before the Quran came around. This is a fact. But don't trust me on this. If you have time, look it up.
So, with this in mind, you should know that most of the precepts of the so called old testament are also found in the Quran, this is why the Muslim say that the Quran confirms the bible and the bible has been tampered with.

Have you asked yourself why the Quran would confirm a book before it? That's right, because stuff that's in it is also in the book before it. Perhaps not exactly word for word or verbatim, but the the idea is similar of the same in some instances.

What do I believe?
I believe in the father. The one in whom Jesus talked about in the sermon in the mount. If you are indeed a pastor, you have read this many times. If you read carefully, you will see that he did not address color, creed, religion or any of that. He was dealing with men heart, the soul/spirit.

The God I serve, I know. Is the God of Justice, Love, Wisdom. You can only know him if you have a pure heart. The father of the Christ. Yes!!! the one pure in heart that never read a bible in his life. Me and him have the same God.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God."

My question to you is this: Do you believe that only a so called Christian is pure in heart?

Thanks in advance.

Give thanks!
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by PastorOluT(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
From_Guiriga:

No Problem.

Have you read the Quran? If you did, you will noticed similarities. If you are a pastor, specially in Nigeria you should know that Islam is a descendant of Judaism. Another words, is a later version of Judaism (perhaps with some cultural practices of the time). In fact, stories in the Quran are found in earlier manuscripts which Christian reject as agnostics writings. But they were certainly around before the Quran came around. This is a fact. But don't trust me on this. If you have time, look it up.
So, with this in mind, you should know that most of the precepts of the so called old testament are also found in the Quran, this is why the Muslim say that the Quran confirms the bible and the bible has been tampered with.

Have you asked yourself why the Quran would confirm a book before it? That's right, because stuff that's in it is also in the book before it. Perhaps not exactly word for word or verbatim, but the the idea is similar of the same in some instances.

What do I believe?
I believe in the father. The one in whom Jesus talked about in the sermon in the mount. If you are indeed a pastor, you have read this many times. If you read carefully, you will see that he did not address color, creed, religion or any of that. He was dealing with men heart, the soul/spirit.

The God I serve, I know. Is the God of Justice, Love, Wisdom. You can only know him if you have a pure heart. The father of the Christ. Yes!!! the one pure in heart that never read a bible in his life. Me and him have the same God.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God."

My question to you is this: Do you believe that only a so called Christian is pure in heart?

Thanks in advance.

Give thanks!

Yes i get you so well, but what you should understand is that the defining factor is Jesus. Jesus is the gospel and salvation for the bible says there is no other name given unto to us by which we can be saved except the name Jesus.

Jesus did not die to bring about religion but life, that is why i asked that question that do you know the God you serve undecided When you accept Him you received a new kind of life which is eternal. The truth is that the coming of Jesus changes so many things, though not change per se but a fulfillment of all that have been said in the books before.

Now the questions should be what are the things that was said earlier on concerning the messiah that was to come? Cant cover all here but just to do a little summary, Jesus restored all that we lost in the Garden and much more, He brought life for He said in John that I am come that they might have life and have it to the fullest.

Now concerning the God we serve? Heavens only recognizes two kinds of people and not religion, those that have accepted Jesus as their Lord and savior and have a relationship with Him and those that have not. Whatever religion anyone belongs to do not change anything because God has revealed to us all His perfect will, so it is either we accept it or reject it, though there are consequences attached to our choices.

Though i am blunt and its like i am not sensitive, sometimes i wish things are not just as straight forward like that for there are good people in this other believes that are sincere, but the truth is that God has revealed His way of salvation and our feelings can change nothing.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by FromGuiriga(m): 4:37am On Apr 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yes i get you so well, but what you should understand is that the defining factor is Jesus. Jesus is the gospel and salvation for the bible says there is no other name given unto to us by which we can be saved except the name Jesus.

Jesus did not die to bring about religion but life, that is why i asked that question that do you know the God you serve undecided When you accept Him you received a new kind of life which is eternal. The truth is that the coming of Jesus changes so many things, though not change per se but a fulfillment of all that have been said in the books before.

Now the questions should be what are the things that was said earlier on concerning the messiah that was to come? Cant cover all here but just to do a little summary, Jesus restored all that we lost in the Garden and much more, He brought life for He said in John that I am come that they might have life and have it to the fullest.

Now concerning the God we serve? Heavens only recognizes two kinds of people and not religion, those that have accepted Jesus as their Lord and savior and have a relationship with Him and those that have not. Whatever religion anyone belongs to do not change anything because God has revealed to us all His perfect will, so it is either we accept it or reject it, though there are consequences attached to our choices.

Though i am blunt and its like i am not sensitive, sometimes i wish things are not just as straight forward like that for there are good people in this other believes that are sincere, but the truth is that God has revealed His way of salvation and our feelings can change nothing.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

Thank you.

for the bible says there is no other name given unto to us by which we can be saved except the name Jesus.
Yes, the bible also said to stone to death homosexuals, adulterers and sons who disrespect their parents!
The question follows: What happened to the people who were around before Jesus? How are they saved if they did not know a Jesus nor had any idea about a Jesus?

When you accepted Jesus, Why you did not turn Jew?

The question follows again: What happened to the people who were around before Jesus? How are they saved if they did not know a Jesus nor had any idea about a Jesus?
You do know that millions of people have died in the last 200 years that never heard of Jesus? They had no choice. So what are the consequences for them? Do they get to go directly to a heaven because they had no choice or do they go to a hell?

How come Jesus who came to give life for ever more missed so many people that were dead before he came on the scene. How come God did not reveal "his" way of salvation to them?
Does this not make Paul a liar, who said ..."who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth..."
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by PastorOluT(m): 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Thank you.

for the bible says there is no other name given unto to
us by which we can be saved except the name Jesus.

Yes, the bible also said to stone to death homosexuals,
adulterers and sons who disrespect their parents!
The question follows: What happened to the people who were around before
Jesus? How are they saved if they did not know a Jesus nor had any idea
about a Jesus?

When you accepted Jesus, Why you did not turn
Jew?

Now concerning the God we serve? Heavens only recognizes two kinds of
people and not religion, those that have accepted Jesus as their Lord
and savior and have a relationship with Him and those that have not.
Whatever religion anyone belongs to do not change anything because God
has revealed to us all His perfect will, so it is either we accept it or
reject it, though there are consequences attached to our
choices.

The question follows again: What happened to the people who were around
before Jesus? How are they saved if they did not know a Jesus nor had
any idea about a Jesus?
You do know that millions of people have died in the last 200 years that
never heard of Jesus? They had no choice. So what are the consequences
for them? Do they get to go directly to a heaven because they had no
choice or do they go to a hell?

Though i am blunt and its like i am not sensitive,
sometimes i wish things are not just as straight forward like that for
there are good people in this other believes that are sincere, but the
truth is that God has revealed His way of salvation and our feelings can
change nothing.

How come Jesus who came to give life for ever more missed so many people
that were dead before he came on the scene. How come God did not reveal
"his" way of salvation to them?
Does this not make Paul a liar, who said ..."who will have all
men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth..."

Would answer all urn questions but that would be tomorrow
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Howdy Pastor T,

Mind explaining the bold please?

Thank you!
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 16, 2013
From_Guiriga: I think so. Different understanding of the same God perhaps.

Good morning Fro,

I kinda agree with you on this!

(1) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Has Six Weeks To Reconcile With His Wife / 10 Types Of Men Christian Women Should Never Marry / Prayer Warriors Needed In A Church .urgently With Good Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.