Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

Idependent Dramedy Films - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Idependent Dramedy Films (728 Views)

Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Full Length Free Nollywood Films: In The Eyes Of My Husband (1&2) / Any Lover Of Mount Zion Films In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idependent Dramedy Films by Jayboy124: 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
Is it right to say that a lot of people don't seem to enjoy and/or understand independent films - the likes of Ruby Sparks, Crazy Heart, Sideways, Juno, Shrink, Young Adult, (500) Days of Summer, Little Miss Sunshine, The Wrestler, The Art of Getting By, The Descendants etc?
Re: Idependent Dramedy Films by sholay2011(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
By most people, I hope you mean Nigerians? I definitely agree! Damn, they are always too impatient to follow the story and do not find fun in a movie that there are no explosions, bullets flying here and theren and a cut-out villain commonly called 'the bose'...lol.

I still wish to see an independent drama called 'Winter's bone'. Enjoyed Juno quite well.
Re: Idependent Dramedy Films by VillageBoi(m): 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
Depends on the audience you're talking about. I know for a fact my mbeke-bushmeat doesn't get jack... even Alaba films sef hard her lol!
Re: Idependent Dramedy Films by Jayboy124: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
Looooool.

And the thing that annoys me with the whole thing is even most of the 'top' Nollywood filmmakers don't get these movies too. And like I'll always say, any film industry looking to get recognition outside, this is the best route to take.
Re: Idependent Dramedy Films by kunlefox(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
Juno,The descendants,Winter bone were amazing!!! I like Ruby sparks too..check out Rabbit Hole too.
Indie rules!!!
I had so much expectations for The Oranges last year but it fell short a tad, it was enjoyable though...Hugh Laurie and Leighton meester were massive..the acting all through was superb though!
I've noticed Derek gianfrance to be a top notch director in indies these days...Blue valentine was awesome, I've heard great thinggs about "place beyond the pines" too
I think ruby sparks was from the same director of "little miss sunshine" if I'm right!
Personally I think the best acting and scripts are in indies but them producers don't get it sometimes or they do and want something else!
Re: Idependent Dramedy Films by kunlefox(m): 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
ill wish to see an independent drama called 'Winter's bone'. Enjoyed Juno quite well.[/quote]
Please do! That movie was great! Pretty much launched Jennifer's career,and she was fantastic in it!

(1) (Reply)

#BBA 2013 Thechase Update: The Nomination List / Basketmouth And Okey Bakassi In "Who Knows Tomorrow" / A Channel For Street Movies Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.