Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. (2454 Views)

Chimel Dogara Awarded In Cambridge For Outstanding Performance / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. by crimo4us(m): 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
This is to give accolade to the best teacher we learnt from while in higher institution of learning.
Mine was late Professor R.O Ayeni, a professor of Mathematics at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology. If he taught you mathematics and still don't get it, then you are a dud. Then, Professor Emmanuel Babajide Lucas, Professor of Agric Engineering, also taught me at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, I was privilege to learn engineering drawing from this man and I must not but say he is one of the finest teacher have come across. He is a disciplinarian.

Please, let's know the professor(s) that you've learnt from and proud of.

4 Likes

Re: Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. by braine(m): 2:08am On Apr 13, 2013
My favorite was a lecturer I really disliked after the first class in my first year. But when I got to know him well later on, I realised he's the best. Prof A. Adekunle is a professor in the department of Botany, University of Lagos. He is always up to date with information in his field worldwide. He likes to show off a bit but he's very humble. No wonder he's one of the youngest professors in the institution. The man is a role model I tell ya.
Re: Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. by toriade: 2:23am On Apr 13, 2013
@op

Nice to see you reppin' my uni.....
Prof. Ayeni(RIP) the maths prof extraordinaire
Prof. Lucas (Baba Lucas)....mehn those engineering drawing days.
Can't seem to forget these two, it was great starting the uni-life under their tutelage.

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. by Akshow: 5:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Professor zaynab Alkali. Bayero Uni Kano. She is motherly, soft spoken, kind, considerate, and hardworkin. Multiple award winnin writer and feminist. The very first in northern Nigeria. She is a blaze setter and she knows her onions. I'm fastin and praying she supervises my thesis
Re: Outstanding Professor You've Learnt From And The Institution. by Tolexander: 6:15am On Apr 13, 2013
Professor Lamikanra Adebayo (LAMI K). The pharmaceutical microbiology professor that made every OAU pharmacy student to understand that life is not all about pharmacy. Sometimes he would teach us history rather than the course he was meant to take.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Said That ENGLISH Is Easy Answer This Question / 23-year-old Medical Student Jumps Under Moving Train After Failing Exams / Is It Possible To Change An ICAN Examination Centre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.