Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Rhapsody On The Go. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rhapsody On The Go. (581 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name & Pic Removed From Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody On The Go. / Rhapsody Of Reality 1st January 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody On The Go. by helivesinme247(m): 8:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Satan…Fully Paralyzed! · Saturday, April 13th · Pastor Chris

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).

There’s no reason for any Christian to be afraid of the devil, for he’s already defeated! In Matthew 28:18, Jesus said, "...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Notice He said "all power"; not "some power," meaning there’s none left for Satan. He’s been completely paralyzed and rendered helpless by Jesus. The reason some people still live in fear of Satan, and what they believe he can do against them, is their ignorance of the Scriptures. They unwittingly arrogate too much power to the devil, whereas, he’s been fully paralyzed.

Jesus despoiled him and his demons; He dispossessed them! Satan and his cohorts were stripped of their armour and rendered helpless by Jesus. Colossians 2:15 says, "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." Jesus made an open show—a spectacle of principalities and powers; what does that mean? It means He paraded Satan and his demons on the canvas as prisoners of war— wounded, beaten and paralyzed.

No wonder He could tell us, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you" (Luke10:19). His victory was for you. He gave us the victory with which He overcame Satan, and commissioned us to cast out devils in His Name (Mark 16:17). Therefore, no matter what happens around you: in your life, home, family, job, business or in your finances, refuse to fear. Satan has been firmly placed under your feet; live above him.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for the courage, boldness, confidence, and faith that your Word infuses to my spirit, as I meditate on it. How thrilling to know that you’ve placed all things, including Satan and his cohorts under my feet! I walk in victory and dominion today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 3:8;

8[But] he who commits sin [who practices evildoing] is of the devil [takes his character from the evil one], for the devil has sinned (violated the divine law) from the beginning. The reason the Son of God was made manifest (visible) was to undo (destroy, loosen, and dissolve) the works the devil [has done].

James 4:7;

7. So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.

Mark 16:17

17And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages;

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Luke 13:22-35

22[Jesus] journeyed on through towns and villages, teaching, and making His way toward Jerusalem. 23And someone asked Him, Lord, will only a few be saved (rescued, delivered from the penalties of the last judgment, and made partakers of the salvation by Christ)? And He said to them, 24Strive to enter by the narrow door [force yourselves through it], for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. 25When once the Master of the house gets up and closes the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door [again and again], saying, Lord, open to us! He will answer you, I do not know where [what household--certainly not Mine] you come from. 26Then you will begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets. 27But He will say, I tell you, I do not know where [what household--certainly not Mine] you come from; depart from Me, all you wrongdoers! 28There will be weeping and grinding of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves being cast forth (banished, driven away). 29And [people] will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit down (feast at table) in the kingdom of God. 30And behold, there are some [now] last who will be first [then], and there are some [now] first who will be last [then]. 31At that very hour some Pharisees came up and said to Him, Go away from here, for Herod is determined to kill You. 32And He said to them, Go and tell that fox [sly and crafty, skulking and cowardly], Behold, I drive out demons and perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish (complete) My course. 33Nevertheless, I must continue on My way today and tomorrow and the day after that--for it will never do for a prophet to be destroyed away from Jerusalem! 34O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who continue to kill the prophets and to stone those who are sent to you! How often I have desired and yearned to gather your children together [around Me], as a hen [gathers] her young under her wings, but you would not! 35Behold, your house is forsaken (abandoned, left to you destitute of God’s help)! And I tell you, you will not see Me again until the time comes when you shall say, Blessed (to be celebrated with praises) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!

Judges 14

1SAMSON WENT down to Timnah and at Timnah saw one of the daughters of the Philistines. 2And he came up and told his father and mother, I saw one of the daughters of the Philistines at Timnah; now get her for me as my wife. 3But his father and mother said to him, Is there not a woman among the daughters of your kinsmen or among all our people, that you must go to take a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said to his father, Get her for me, for she is all right in my eyes. 4His father and mother did not know that it was of the Lord, and that He sought an occasion for assailing the Philistines. At that time the Philistines had dominion over Israel. 5Then Samson and his father and mother went down to Timnah and came to the vineyards of Timnah. And behold, a young lion roared against him. 6And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion as he would have torn a kid, and he had nothing in his hand; but he did not tell his father or mother what he had done. 7And he went down and talked with the woman, and she pleased Samson well. 8And after a while he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the body of the lion, and behold, a swarm of bees and honey were in the body of the lion. 9And he scraped some of the honey out into his hands and went along eating. And he came to his father and mother and gave them some, and they ate it; but he did not tell them he had taken the honey from the body of the lion. 10His father went down to the woman, and Samson made a feast there, for that was the customary thing for young men to do. 11And when the people saw him, they brought thirty companions to be with him. 12And Samson said to them, I will now put forth a riddle to you; if you can tell me what it is within the seven days of the feast, and find it out, then I will give you thirty linen undergarments and thirty changes of raiment. 13But if you cannot declare it to me, then shall you give me thirty linen undergarments and thirty changes of festive [costly] raiment. And they said to him, Put forth your riddle, that we may hear it. 14And he said to them, Out of the eater came forth food, and out of the strong came forth sweetness. And they could not solve the riddle in three days. 15And on the seventh day they said to Samson’s wife, Entice your husband to declare to us the riddle, lest we burn you and your father’s household with fire. Have you invited us to make us poor? Is this not true? 16And Samson’s wife wept before him and said, You only hate me, you do not love me; you have put forth a riddle to my countrymen and have not told the answer to me. And he said to her, Behold, I have not told my father or my mother, and shall I tell you? 17And Samson’s wife wept before him the seven days their feast lasted, and on the seventh day he told her because she pressed him with entreaties. Then she told the riddle to her countrymen. 18And the men of the city said to [Samson] on the seventh day before sundown, What is sweeter than honey? What is stronger than a lion? And he said to them, If you had not plowed with my heifer, you would not have solved my riddle. 19And the Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon and slew thirty men of them and took their apparel [as spoil], and gave the changes of garments to those who explained the riddle. And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father’s house. 20But Samson’s wife was [given] to his companion who was his [best] friend.

Judges -15

1BUT SOME days later, in the time of wheat harvest, Samson went to visit his wife, taking along a kid [as a token of reconciliation]; and he said, I will go unto my wife in the inner chamber. But her father would not allow him to go in. 2And her father said, I truly thought you utterly hated her, so I gave her to your companion. Is her younger sister not fairer than she? Take her, I pray you, instead. 3And Samson said of them, This time shall I be blameless as regards the Philistines, though I do them evil. 4So Samson went and caught 300 foxes or jackals and took torches and turning the foxes tail to tail, he put a torch between each pair of tails. 5And when he had set the torches ablaze, he let the foxes go into the standing grain of the Philistines, and he burned up the shocks and the standing grain, along with the olive orchards. 6Then the Philistines said, Who has done this? And they were told, Samson, the son-in-law of the Timnite, because he [the Timnite] has taken his [Samson’s] wife and has given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up and burned her and her father with fire. 7And Samson said to them, If this is the way you act, surely I will take revenge on you, and after that I will quit. 8And he smote them hip and thigh [unsparingly], a great slaughter; and he went down and dwelt in the cleft of the rock of Etam. 9Then the Philistines came up and encamped in Judah and spread themselves in Lehi. 10And the men of Judah said, Why have you come up against us? And they answered, We have come up to bind Samson, to do to him as he has done to us. 11Then 3,000 men of Judah went down to the cleft of the rock Etam and said to Samson, Have you not known that the Philistines are rulers over us? What is this that you have done to us? He said to them, As they did to me, so have I done to them. 12And they said to him, We have come down to bind you, that we may deliver you into the hands of the Philistines. And Samson said to them, Swear to me that you will not fall upon me yourselves. 13And they said to him, No, we will bind you fast and give you into their hand; but surely we will not kill you. So they bound him with two new ropes and brought him up from the rock. 14And when he came to Lehi, the Philistines came shouting to meet him. And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon [Samson], and the ropes on his arms became as flax that had caught fire, and his bonds melted off his hands. 15And he found a still moist jawbone of a donkey and reached out and took it and slew 1,000 men with it. 16And Samson said, With the jawbone of a donkey, heaps upon heaps, with the jawbone of a donkey I have slain 1,000 men! 17And when he stopped speaking, he cast the jawbone from his hand; and that place was called Ramath-lehi [the hill of the jawbone]. 18Samson was very thirsty, and he prayed to the Lord and said, You have given this great deliverance by the hand of Your servant, and now shall I die of thirst and fall into the hands of the uncircumcised? 19And God split open the hollow place that was at Lehi, and water came out of it. And when he drank, his spirit returned and he revived. Therefore the name of it was called En-hakkore [the spring of him who prayed], which is at Lehi to this day. 20And [Samson] judged (defended) Israel in the days of the Philistines twenty years.

Judges 16

1THEN SAMSON went to Gaza and saw a harlot there, and went in to her. 2The Gazites were told, Samson has come here. So they surrounded the place and lay in wait for him all night at the gate of the city. They were quiet all night, saying, In the morning, when it is light, we will kill him. 3But Samson lay until midnight, and [then] he arose and took hold of the doors of the city’s gate and the two posts, and pulling them up, bar and all, he put them on his shoulders and carried them to the top of the hill that is before Hebron. 4After this he loved a woman in the Valley of Sorek whose name was Delilah. 5And the lords of the Philistines came to her and said to her, Entice him and see in what his great strength lies, and by what means we may overpower him that we may bind him to subdue him. And we will each give you 1,100 pieces of silver. 6And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray you, wherein your great strength lies, and with what you might be bound to subdue you. 7And Samson said to her, If they bind me with seven fresh, strong gutstrings, still moist, then shall I be weak and be like any other man. 8Then the Philistine lords brought to her seven fresh, strong bowstrings, still moist, and she bound him with them. 9Now she had men lying in wait in an inner room. And she said to him, The Philistines are upon you, Samson! And he broke the bowstrings as a string of tow breaks when it touches the fire. So the secret of his strength was not known. 10And Delilah said to Samson, Behold, you have mocked me and told me lies; now tell me, I pray you, how you might be bound. 11And he said to her, If they bind me fast with new ropes that have not been used, then I shall become weak and be like any other man. 12So Delilah took new ropes and bound him with them and said to him, The Philistines are upon you, Samson! And the men lying in wait were in the inner room. But he snapped the ropes off his arms like [sewing] thread. 13And Delilah said to Samson, Until now you have mocked me and told me lies; tell me with what you might be bound. And he said to her, If you weave the seven braids of [the hair of] my head with the web. 14And she did so and fastened it with the pin and said to him, The Philistines are upon you, Samson! And he awoke out of his sleep and went away with the pin of the [weaver’s] beam and with the web. 15And she said to him, How can you say, I love you, when your heart is not with me? You have mocked me these three times and have not told me in what your great strength lies. 16And when she pressed him day after day with her words and urged him, he was vexed to death. 17Then he told her all his mind and said to her, A razor has never come upon my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my birth. If I am shaved, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak and be like any other man. 18And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his mind, she went and called for the Philistine lords, saying, Come up this once, for he has told me all he knows. Then the Philistine lords came up to her and brought the money in their hands. 19And she made Samson sleep upon her knees, and she called a man and caused him to shave off the seven braids of his head. Then she began to torment [Samson], and his strength went from him. 20She said, The Philistines are upon you, Samson! And he awoke out of his sleep and said, I will go out as I have time after time and shake myself free. For Samson did not know that the Lord had departed from him. 21But the Philistines laid hold of him, bored out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza and bound him with [two] bronze fetters; and he ground at the mill in the prison. 22But the hair of his head began to grow again after it had been shaved. 23Then the Philistine lords gathered together to offer a great sacrifice to Dagon their god and to rejoice, for they said, Our god has given Samson our enemy into our hands. 24And when the people saw Samson, they praised their god, for they said, Our god has delivered into our hands our enemy, the ravager of our country, who has slain many of us. 25And when their hearts were merry, they said, Call for Samson, that he may make sport for us. So they called [blind] Samson out of the prison, and he made sport before them. They made him stand between the pillars. 26And Samson said to the lad who held him by the hand, Allow me to feel the pillars upon which the house rests, that I may lean against them. 27Now the house was full of men and women; all the Philistine princes were there, and on the roof were about 3,000 men and women who looked on while Samson made sport. 28Then Samson called to the Lord and said, O Lord God, [earnestly] remember me, I pray You, and strengthen me, I pray You, only this once, O God, and let me have one vengeance upon the Philistines for both my eyes. 29And Samson laid hold of the two middle pillars by which the house was borne up, one with his right hand and the other with his left. 30And Samson cried, Let me die with the Philistines! And he bowed himself mightily, and the house fell upon the princes and upon all the people that were in it. So the dead whom he slew at his death were more than they whom he slew in his life. 31Then his kinsmen and all the tribal family of his father came down, took his body, and brought it up; and they buried him between Zorah and Eshtaol in the burial place of Manoah his father. He had judged Israel [that is, had defended the Israelites] twenty years.

www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

(1) (Reply)

What Features Do You Wish Admin Should Include On Nairaland Portal. / Tragedy! 3 Die, 4 Injured, 18 Others Arrested At Cult Initiation - / Share Your Most Embarrassing Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.