Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! (1714 Views)

We Need Web Designers Urgently / $60,000 Job Project For Web Developers - Only Smart Developers / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by pisolution(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2013
Hi my fellow Nigerians. Would you like to share the worst experience you have had as a web designer or web developer?

Let's learn from each other.
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2013
I've had several bad experiences.
Will share them one by one in a bit. cheesy
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by mededot(m): 12:07am On Apr 14, 2013
I'm having one at the moment! I have a project where a web developer is working for me! And he promised heaven on earth before we started... Now he's not picking calls, he has only shown one lousy screenshot of the work done so far!

The project is due in two days and that's all I have to show for all the money I've paid him so far!

Why are developers so royally unreliable?? That's the 3rd developer on same project by the way! Lesson learned: if you must give a native a web development job pay him after he's done the job to the end! He won't die, and your work will be done!
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by pisolution(m): 12:55am On Apr 14, 2013
Hmmmmn. That's a great lesson. But I think not all web developers behave like this. One major thing all developers must learn is trust. Learn to build trust with your client.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by abbyode(m): 10:04am On Apr 14, 2013
mededot: I'm having one at the moment! I have a project where a web developer is working for me! And he promised heaven on earth before we started... Now he's not picking calls, he has only shown one lousy screenshot of the work done so far!

The project is due in two days and that's all I have to show for all the money I've paid him so far!

Why are developers so royally unreliable?? That's the 3rd developer on same project by the way! Lesson learned: if you must give a native a web development job pay him after he's done the job to the end! He won't die, and your work will be done!
What project are u working on?
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by greenmouse(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
if you post your project here, we will help you out....
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by mededot(m): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2013
Unfortunately the delayed notification system on Nairaland has made me just see your replies just now! The project is quite involved and I have since taken it onto elance.com. Now i have 12 proposals to choose from and at roughly the same budget that i had initially planned.

I have therefore decided that it is the best way to go for all my other upcoming projects! I get expertise at the highest level, i am not tied to any one developer and i am protected by elance because until my work is done to my satisfaction, the freelancer does not get paid. A pretty good arrangement if you ask me.

Now, for the developers here who still take things like trust and honesty for granted... i wish them Good Luck!
Cheers people
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by candidrelo(m): 3:12am On Apr 22, 2013
Hi peeps, I av a problem which I think u can help me solve. I need to learn web designing and am sure u guys can help me out....tanks
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by jenifertaler: 3:19am On Apr 22, 2013
yea .This is great idea for me
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by megamindmaster(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2013
candidrelo: Hi peeps, I av a problem which I think u can help me solve. I need to learn web designing and am sure u guys can help me out....tanks

Yes I believe there are many web masters here that can help you, of which I A̶̲̥̅♏ one of them. Do check out my profile and like our page on fb, facebook.com/acetechwebforum we'll get started from there...
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by khadri: 10:01am On Apr 22, 2013
pls,who can teach me wordpress,i really know dis stuff,anybody plss

1 Like

Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by mededot(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2013
khadri: pls,who can teach me wordpress,i really know dis stuff,anybody plss

Yaaaay, i can.... i have written a step by step tutorial in pdf format on how to get wordpress installed on your computer and start learning... and its all free...

http://ayodejiagboola.com/web-design-tutorials/

1 Like

Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by candidrelo(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
megamindmaster:

Yes I believe there are many web masters here that can help you, of which I A̶̲̥̅♏ one of them. Do check out my profile and like our page on fb, facebook.com/acetechwebforum we'll get started from there...

Done liking ur page, what's the next step?
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by khadri: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
mededot:

Yaaaay, i can.... i have written a step by step tutorial in pdf format on how to get wordpress installed on your computer and start learning... and its all free...

http://ayodejiagboola.com/web-design-tutorials/

Tanks buddy,but how can i change the logo to my own preferred logo
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by TownBoy2233: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
id been scam lotta time being a web designer... a customer will come that they need a simple four page site... after frying your hand to add little jara of 2page to make 6page. They will come again that the site is not like nairaland.
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by mededot(m): 12:42am On Apr 24, 2013
Town-Boy2233:
id been scam lotta time being a web designer... a customer will come that they need a simple four page site... after frying your hand to add little jara of 2page to make 6page. They will come again that the site is not like nairaland.

Lool, eeya... use a cms and then you can build them whatever no of pages they want. and at a good price too. if they cannot pay your price, dont bother!!!
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by mededot(m): 12:43am On Apr 24, 2013
khadri:

Tanks buddy,but how can i change the logo to my own preferred logo

Change the logo of what?
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by khadri: 9:52am On Apr 24, 2013
mededot:

Change the logo of what?
the logo of my template
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by mededot(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Where is your template located. If it is on your site, what is your web address? what is your website built with?
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by orbitame2011: 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
TORBITA!!! SOCIAL,PROFESSIONAL AND BUSINESS NETWORKING SITE.
← Read and comment on Political and Football news,posts and related posts(SOCIAL)
← Latest job news
← Meet,connect and interact with millions of Professionals
← all over the world in your chosen field or carrier(PROFESSIONAL)
← Meet,connect and interact with millions of business minded people(BUSINESS)
←Promote your Business,discuss business and read business news(BUSINESS)
← Create a personal room for you and your fans for discussion and interactions
← Create a personal room for your Company/Business and your Customers for interactions
← ALL THESE ARE FREE,JUST REGISTER FOR FREE,LOGIN AND KEEP
← INTERACTING.ONLY ON TORBITA.

www.torbita.com
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by Nobody: 6:49am On May 02, 2013
We are professional and have the experience needed to design and develop web site or application. We design and developed from the scratch. Call 08030716751 or visit http://www.idigitgs.com/ . Thanks
Re: For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! by bidexolumanish(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
How can i create a profile table using wordpress,pls inbox me at bidexolumanish1@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

One On One Training For Mobile Apps Development,web Development / 2017 Best Blog Review / Tech Bloggers With Usa Traffic Wanted For Affiliate Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.