Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones (9518 Views)

Glo 3gig For 1k Becomes More Expensive / The Most Expensive Phones Nigerians Like (why They Are Highly Sought After) / Why Is Samsung Galaxy Note II Still Expensive Than Samsung Galaxy S 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by OliliBob: 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
I have sat down a couple of times and thought of why white phones should cost more than black phones of the same brand and model. I haven't come up with any logical conclusion so I decided to write a post on it and seek people's opinion on this Issue. Lets take Iphone 4s as case study:

These two phones, have the same storage capacities, same specifications, same thickness and size yet the white is more expensive than the black. So i ask again why is the white more expensive than the black? why is blackberry bold 5 white sold for 72 thousand naira and the white sold for 75 thousand naira? why is white iphone 4s sold for $99 and black iphone 4s sold for $95? The list of other white phones that cost much more their the black ones are endless. There is only one reason i can find here and that is racism. It is only because the producers of these phones who are whites feel that anything that is white is superior and therefore should be more expensive than the black which they consider inferior even though both phones have the same specifications and capabilities. Black phones of any particular phone model is released into the market earlier than the white ones. Why should we continue to support this and buy white phones that are not even better than the black ones in terms of the specification of any phone model. We are fighting against racism yet we promote it without knowing it. My opinion is phones of the same model should be of the same price, irrespective of the phone color. What is your take on this?

http://www.gisteyes.com/2013/04/racism-in-digital-phone-world-why.html

Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by JW214: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
Reason: Racism..... Na joke I dey ooo
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by Francheezy(m): 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
WHITE - JESUS
BLACK - DEVIL
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by ciphoenix: 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
white phones are more desired IMHO
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
High demand

1 Like

Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by buchito1(m): 12:20am On Apr 14, 2013
becos d white people get sence pass d blacks!!!
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by sahyd1(m): 12:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Racism ofcourse! Can U̶̲̥̅̊ also tell me why U always wash Ūя̲̅ with cloths separate from d other colours! we attach so much 2 white! We can only see white Angel not black.
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by ciphoenix: 1:25am On Apr 14, 2013
sahy'd:
Racism ofcourse! Can U̶̲̥̅̊ also tell me why U always wash Ūя̲̅ with cloths separate from d other colours! we attach so much 2 white! We can only see white Angel not black.

in other words, we're all racists? 
grin
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by Hippos: 3:06am On Jul 21, 2017
Dear OP,
You probably came to that conclusion because, unfortunately, you are the very thing you hate. People who come to ridiculous conclusions like this and insist on making everything race related are the true racists of our time. It's a very sad time to be alive. Hopefully one day we can stop seeing people as being black or white and just as being people. But that isn't going to happen with people like you around. Just because more people buy white phones does not mean that companies are being racist. Companies are responding to the statistics of their sales. If they sold more black phones than any other color then they would make black phones more expensive. It is not race related at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 21, 2017
Just imagine comments up there apart from the guy above me!!!!!
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by hakinze00(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2017
Not all, black blackberry fones are mostly always expensive than the white and also most manufacturers doesn't produce plenty white fones compared to the black fones that's why
Re: Why Are White Phones More Expensive Than Black Phones by Oyindebrah(f): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2017
Whites are probably richer than black,maybe its because they can afford it in their country and probably pay installmentally,meanwhile its not totally allowed here because person fit run with iPhone 7 to village

(1) (Reply)

Android Phone Battery (extreme Tweak) / How Do I Register Two Numbers For You&me Mtn Trutalk / Fifa 2020 Apk+obb+data (MOD FTS) Download For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.