Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,402 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] (5497 Views)

Guides For Buying New Laptops For Beginners / Download A Complete Video Training On Ethical Hacking For Free / If You Want To Learn Hacking For As Low As #1000 Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by flexxzzy(m): 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
Well have been on NL for sometime now and i feel its time to give back to the community.

Well dont know if such threads are allowed to be created but as a computer scientist, have come to see the need for knowledge about computer security. So i'm here to expose the tricks(basics though) on how computer penetration is done.

NOTICE TO MODERATORS: If such a thread isn't allowed, notify me.

Also if you're interested in such knowledge, i want to know by your comments. Thanks
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by ymiller4real: 12:10am On Apr 14, 2013
am interested o
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by LordStv: 12:56am On Apr 14, 2013
Am interested

1 Like

Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by timoney45(m): 5:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Bring it on...
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by kmanning: 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
Potential elite hacker says "ride on".
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by ekel101: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
nice one
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by Maleeq(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2013
flexxzzy: Well have been on NL for sometime now and i feel its time to give back to the community.

Well dont know if such threads are allowed to be created but as a computer scientist, have come to see the need for knowledge about computer security. So i'm here to expose the tricks(basics though) on how computer penetration is done.

NOTICE TO MODERATORS: If such a thread isn't allowed, notify me.

Also if you're interested in such knowledge, i want to know by your comments. Thanks
As long as its not "evil", I think you are in the clear! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by flexxzzy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
HACKING FOR BEGINNERS PART-1 (Being_a_Hacker)
Table of Contents
1.0 Introduction
1.1 Resources
1.1.1 Books
1.1.2 Magazines and Newspapers
1.1.3 Zines and Blogs
1.1.4 Forums and Mailing Lists
1.1.5 Newsgroups
1.1.6 Websites
1.1.7 Chat1.1.8 P2P
1.2 Further Lessons
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by timoney45(m): 4:05am On Apr 18, 2013
Can't wait 2 start...
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by alaricsaltzman: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
was expectin 2 c ATMS and banks in ur syllabus grin grin grin ride on bro

1 Like

Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by Maleeq(m): 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
alaric saltzman: was expectin 2 c ATMS and banks in ur syllabus grin grin grin ride on bro
lol....

1 Like

Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by kmanning: 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
alaric saltzman: was expectin 2 c ATMS and banks in ur syllabus grin grin grin ride on bro
funny, dont b in a hurry. Little learnin is a dangerous tin. Master, we're ready...
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by olempe(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Let's go...
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by pat077: 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
still waitin...
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by tjmc: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Dis guy no serious
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by olempe(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
tjmc: Dis guy no serious

I think so too..
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by tosdek: 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
The topic is a nice tin to bring up, u staring it will b a good tin dan posting people. Trust me, its a good idea uv got
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by dreu2fine(m): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dreu2fine@gmail.com
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by phelpy: 4:53pm On May 16, 2013
am interested..pls send me at mail4mikhel@gmail.com
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by dominiceze: 10:06pm On May 16, 2013
send it to my box,
onyeka4001@yahoo.com
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by kmanning: 10:18pm On May 16, 2013
klogo4u@yahoo.com.....thanks man
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by tjmc: 5:05pm On May 17, 2013
If u need d ebook: hacking for dummies just google it u will find enof of them

1 Like

Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by urchhm: 5:07pm On May 19, 2013
It is a nice topic send to me urchhm@yahoo.com
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by vizboy(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2013
Hop in to the boat with u guys. Let row
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by flexxzzy(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
Hey guyz.... Sorry for not starting up... This thread was shut down by a MOD when i opened it so i thoight it wasn't okay to post such stuff...

Anyway lets get to biz grin
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by flexxzzy(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2013
1.0 Introduction :-

Welcome to the Hacking For Beginners Thread!

This Thread is designed to encourage you to
be well-rounded and resourceful.

The core instruction theme is to harness the hacker curiosity
in you and to guide you progressively through your hacker education to help you grow into a
responsible role, capable of determining security and privacy problems and making proper
security decisions for yourself.

While there is a thrill to hacking partly because of the illegal nature of computer trespass, we
want to show you that it is just as big a thrillto alert others about lapses in security and make
them public without worrying about going to jail over it. As a citizen of most countries, it is not
only your right, but your responsibility, to report security and privacy leaks to the proper
authorities. You do this not because you can,but because many other people can't. You
are helping those who can't help themselves.

This is what watchdog groups do. This is what
you will learn to do.

N/B: This Thread is strictly for Ethical Hacking purposes and not to be used for DESTRUCTIVE achievements. We(NL) are not liable to any action that may be undertaken after going through this thread.

stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by Maleeq(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2013
flexxzzy: Hey guyz.... Sorry for not starting up... This thread was shut down by a MOD when i opened it so i thoight it wasn't okay to post such stuff...

Anyway lets get to biz grin
False accusation earns you a ban o!
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by oluvicki(m): 1:47pm On May 23, 2013
ride on bro...[i]ride on bro...[/i]ride on bro...
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by flexxzzy(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2013
1.1 Resources

This lesson is about how to learn – a critical skill for a hacker. Hacking, in reality, is a creative
process that is based more on lifestyle than lesson. Here at this e-course we can't teach you everything that you
need to know, but we can help you recognize what you need to learn. This is also true due
to the constant advances in the computer sciences. What we teach today may not be
relevent tomorrow. It is much better for you to embrace hacker learning habits, which are
probably the most vital part of hacking and will separate you from the script kiddie (a person
who runs hacking tools without knowing how or why they work).
Words and concepts you don't understand in this thread may require research on the web
or in a library. If you don't understand a word or a topic, it is essential you look it up. Ignoring
it will only make it difficult for you to understand concepts in other textbooks/workbooks. The other
workbooks may ask you to investigate a topic on the web and then expect you to usethe
information that you find on the web to complete the exercises in that workbook – but those
workbooks won't explain to you how to do this research. This is an e-course with a
thorough explanation of how to research built into it, so be sure to spend as much time as you
need to learn how to research using the various resources available to you.
Don't just limit yourself to computers, hacking, and the internet. Great hackers are wellrounded
and creative. Many of them are painters, writers, and designers. Hacking skills can
also be applied to other fields, such as Political Science (see The Prince by Machiavelli for an
example).
Besides being interested in other fields, you should be interested in how other businesses
operate. Reading books on everything from psychology to science fiction will make you a
much more versatile and functional hacker. Remember, hacking is about figuring out how
things work regardless of how they were designed to work. This is how you expose insecurities,vulnerabilities, and leaks. This is very important as when i started i was more interested at what hacking was all about than what hacking does, it requires discipline and self-control as being a hacker is like being a computer supermanwink. Hackers have a very versatile mind and are open to new ideas hence the evolution of hacking skills, this leads us to one of the reasons we are the way we are.

1.1.1 Books

Books are a great way to learn the foundation and factual science of all that you are willing
to explore. Want to know something about the fundamentals of a science, like the hardware
details of your PC? Nothing will help you more than reading a current book on the subject.
The main problem with books for computers is that they quickly become old. The secret is to
learn to see the fundamental structure underneath the thin skin of details. MS-DOS and
Windows are clearly different, but both are based on principles of Boolean logic that have
driven computers since Ada, Countess of Lovelace, wrote the first computer programs in the
nineteenth century. Security and privacy concerns may have changed in the last 2,500years,
but The Art of War by Sun Tzu covers fundamental principles that still apply today.
Even though information found in books may not be as 'up to date' as information that comes
from other sources, you will find that the information you find in books is more likely to be
factually accurate than that which comes from other sources. A writer spending a year
writing a book is more likely to check facts than someone who is updating a blog six times a
day. But remember – accurate does
not mean unbiased.
It's not necessary to start a library of your own, but you may want to write notes in margins or
otherwise mark what you read, and this is something you can only do in your own books.
Finally, don't look at a book and give up before you even start just because of the size and
complexity. Most of these massive tomes that you see sitting around are not read from cover
to cover. Think of them as prehistoric web pages. Open one up to random page and begin to read.
If you don't understand something, go backward and look for the explanation (or skip
forward to something that does make sense). Jump through the book, backwards and
forwards, just as you would bounce from link to link in a web page. This type of non-linear
reading is often much more interesting and satisfying for hackers, as it's about satisfying
curiosity more than it is about “reading”.
Re: Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] by kmanning: 7:00am On May 24, 2013
Nice intro. Ride on master.

(1) (2) (Reply)

✈✳✅ SOLD ❌❌❌ 2016 Dell Latitude E3470 Core I5 8HOURS BATTERY LIFE / ..... / 27 Ways To Kick Start Laptop Repair Business Anywhere In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.