Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine (7176 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by leffects(m): 7:13am On Apr 14, 2013
Memorise: Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Matthew 5:14
Read: Matthew 5:14-16
Bible in one year: 2 Chronicles 4-6
Action point: Pray that in places where cannibalism is still rife, God will expose and bring an end to such devilish practice.

The human body is weak and fragile yet there are some of its parts that are even more delicate. There are at least seven of such delicate body parts namely the heart, liver, kidney, lung, tongue, eardrum and the eyes. Of these seven, some of them are more protected than others. The eardrum is slightly tucked in. The lungs are barricaded by strong, bony rib cage. The heart, liver and kidneys are slightly concealed. One part that is least protected is the eyes, hence they are very vulnerable. If you consider the eyelids as some form of protection, remember they are very limited in what they can do, since they cannot resist any sharp object that tries to prick the eyes. So of all these sensitive body parts, the eyes need extra protection.
In Psalm 17:8, David the popular psalmist prayed, "Keep me as the apple of thy eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,"

This is a very important prayer. For God to keep you as the apple of his eyes means that you want to become His favourite so that He can jealously watch over you. At this point, let us look at the role of the eyes to the body. First, we see with our eyes and in the same way, God wants to see the world through us. Speaking of this, Jesus said,
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matthew 5:14
The whole world lies in darkness but for the presence of believers. If you have received Jesus Christ the light of the world into your heart, you automatically become a light of the world. So when God looks at the dark world, He will be able to see the world by the number of tiny lights dotting it. In Genesis 18:20-32, God told Abraham that if He could see 10 tiny dots of lights, He would spare Sodom and Gomorrah. This implies that, if we could have enough dots of lights in Nigeria or any nation of the earth, and they are shinning as they are supposed to shine, God will spare our nations, and things would be very different from what they have been. Are you shining as the light you were created to be? Or has darkness absorbed your glow? Get back on your feet and rededicate yourself to Christ today! Live right before God, please Him in all things and spread the Good news of Jesus, and you will shine like the brightness of the firmament.

http://earlydigest..com/2013/04/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-14th.html

10 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by leffects(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by legendarysegzi(m): 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
i love this.no matter hw dull the light is ,u can make it shine with God by ur side.just be obedient!
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Orikinla(m): 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2013
We thank God for the manifestation of the sons and daughters of God in our generation for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the world.
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
My own na supersun no be little light abeg.
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Lanrefahm(m): 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
Pastor whats ur view on gay marriage being conducted in the church
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
Yeah...it shines brightest 45,000ft above sea level in a private thingy
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by driand(m): 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
dont touch my space
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by leffects(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
legendarysegzi: i love this.no matter hw dull the light is ,u can make it shine with God by ur side.just be obedient!
He is always there.
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by lanetrips: 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
Nigeria still exists till date cos of some shining lights GOD is seeing in the country.check countries whose citizens av committed 'less' sins and where are dey now.Sodom and Gomorrah was more into homos and lesbos,yet it was destroyed.Nigeria has homos and lesbos,corrupt and wicked leaders,ritualists,terrorists,innately wicked ppl etc and is still surviving.thank you LORD for your grace

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
legendarysegzi: i love this.no matter hw dull the light is ,u can make it shine with God by ur side.just be obedient!

This is the key. Just be obedient to Jesus Christ in the Spirit of God and all will be well. The task of finding pasture belongs to the shepherd. For the sheep to survive and thrive all they need is to follow. Who are we listening to today?
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Olamyyde(m): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2013
what da heck is this man trying to imply- that God can't see the world he created because of d darkness of men? Oh come-on!
It seems to me that this pastor can't comprehend the illimitable power of the infinite intelligence that created the universe
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by cold(m): 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
lanetrips: Nigeria still exists till date cos of some shining lights GOD is seeing in the country.check countries whose citizens av committed 'less' sins and where are dey now.Sodom and Gomorrah was more into homos and lesbos,yet it was destroyed.Nigeria has homos and lesbos,corrupt and wicked leaders,ritualists,terrorists,innately wicked ppl etc and is still surviving.thank you LORD for your grace

Huh

Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by DOKON(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
I see this as the solution to the world's problem. if every man shines his light by trying to do the right thing in his own little corner-showing love to his neighbours and caring about others welfare, then this world wud really be a better place for all

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
Lets check ourselves...havent i turn to darkness in d sight of God? May God help us to keep our ways holy nd just
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by Venchy: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ummmm, Na so the sun just dey shine on PASTORS while congregations are in constant DARKNESS.
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by otunbaneyo09(m): 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
Lord have mercy on me so that my star can shine shine shine shinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoh Lord
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by spotx: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2013
hmmm May God help me to make my light shine forth,i know i have a role to play.
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by sephoratoko: 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
lol hahahh
Re: Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine by sephoratoko: 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
bele is in need of rice and stew

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy’s Top Female Pastor, Dolapo Oni In Debt Scandal.... / How To Know If We Came From Water Or Not (how To Know If We Are Mariner Or Not ) / Christians And The Use Of Goya Olive Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.