Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,511 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

The Widow - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Widow (1165 Views)

Farewell To Widow Ngozi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Widow by Rosby(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2006
The widow is everywhere around you
Her wish to be coupled for life was denied
But replaced with loneliness and great responsibilities

She becomes the man and the woman in one
Decision maker and executer
She is not only faced with the lost of her love
But with the problems of the growing seeds planted by she and the lost

When the news is known her first thought is " ‘how’- can I care for these seeds"
Any time she lacks she remembers the lost
Any time she is hurt she remembers the lost
When illness knocks she wished her lost was behind her
She reads meaning to every action with the words ‘if he was alive’
She loses ‘self and confidence’
Every part of her system needs love.

What have you done to help this woman?
She is everywhere around you – in your neighbourhood, in your church, in your work place, and even in your family. Your little could keep her from the past, your little could fill that vacuum, your little could give her seeds hope for tomorrow, your little could make her respect her womanhood, your little could give her the scarce love she wished to have. Just your little could make her life well again! Look out for this woman and be a source of succour to her and God will reward you greatly
[color=#006600]
[/color][color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Widow by favourwal(f): 8:59am On May 17, 2006
Rosby, i love this poem the widow, cos it brings to light the position of some women which is purely circumstancial, especially the non educated women in the society whose non education was also circumstancial bearing in mind the culture of Afica towards women in Education.

I made a draft on THE WIDOW, please read and hope you like it.

Keep up the good poem writing.
Re: The Widow by favourwal(f): 9:13am On May 17, 2006
THE WIDOW

Alone she walks;
Down the path of parenthood;
Disciplinarian and hosekeeper ;
All in one.

Alone she bears the brunt of illness;
The load of nurse she bears.

Alone she provides;
Food clothng and shelter;
A greater breadwinner you never saw.

Alone she climbs the career path;
A hardworker;
Lifes' experiences has taught her
Not to beg but to work.

Alone she handles the juvenile attitudes;
Teaching, listening, understanding and loving;
Hard and soft all in one.

Alone she attends the school functions;
The school games, dramas and exhibitions;
Cheerleader, educator and supporter.

Alone she trots the path of life;
Strong on the inside;
With hope and determination;
Thankful for today;
And believing in a better tommorrow.

Alone she keeps on keeping on;
Then God surprises her;
He's had a lonely widower all the while
Just keeping on;
And waiting patiently;
For the lonely widow.
Re: The Widow by beyunce(f): 9:19am On May 17, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Nice poem.
Re: The Widow by trips(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2006
lovely!!!
Re: The Widow by beyunce(f): 9:51pm On May 23, 2006
really lovely.
Re: The Widow by Rosby(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2006
Thanks for all your comments and more thanks to FAVOURWAL for adding value to my poem.
I pray these poems will bring the good in us and increase our zeal to be helpful and loving to widows, fatherless, the ophans and anyone in geniun need.

I was motivated by my mother's experience. How she was negleted and left alone to cater for us in a family where there were abled people to help. I sat down one day thinking of my younger ones and the effect of my father's death was just too glaring on them when compared with their mates.

The very day I wrote this poem, I was tested. At the close of work that day I was acosted by a woman who introduced herself as a widow and that her child is sick and she has no money. All I had on me was my complete transport fare. I wanted to ignore her but I remember the poem I wrote and I was forced to give her all I had with shame because it was nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Shakespeare From Da Hood / Old Rodger Is Dead. / My Shame Is A Poem That Has To Do With Deceits In Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.