Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Meet LASPOTECH's Best Ever Graduating Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet LASPOTECH's Best Ever Graduating Student (808 Views)

Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate / Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet LASPOTECH's Best Ever Graduating Student by faceliftnaija(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
At the just Concluded 21st Convocation Ceremony of Lagos State Politechnic (LASPOTECH),a 27-year old man, named Opeoluwa Bakare emmerged as the best graduating student of the institution with with a Distinction in Computer Engineering,scoring a cummulative grade point average of 3.97 out of a possible 4.0. This was a landmark achievement in the history of the School as no one has ever scored as high as 3.97 CGPA out of a possible record of 4.0 This achievement wasn't an easy task to come by as he had to cross through a lot of hurdles withThe West African Examination's Council for six good times. Not that he was actually failing,but on account of having either some of his papers withheld or outright cancellation of result.

Born in 1986, in Illisan-Remo, a town in Ikene Local Government,Ogun State,Opeoluwa Bakare, the last born out of seven Children,Bakare attended expressway Primary School Ikosi Ketu from 1990-1995.He left in primary 5, to complete his 1st school leaving certificate in Community Primary School,Shangisha,Magodo in 1996. He then proceeded to Ikosi High School for his Secondary Education

From his account, Bakare has this to say “I finished my secondary school education in 2002. When the WASSCE result was released, WAEC released my English, Mathematics and Physics, but others were withheld. I thought the others would be released, but at the end of the day, they were not. With just three credits, I could not proceed to the university to study computer engineering.

“The following year, I enrolled to retake my papers. I studied hard, but when the results were released, mine was not. And that was how I continued sitting for the same exam in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. Still my results were not released. I became disturbed but not discouraged."

“In 2006, I did both the May/June and November/December WASSCE and, to the glory of God, one was released and I cleared all my papers,” he says.

See the complete story in http://faceliftnaijablogspot.com

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons To Go For An Online Degree / Senates Intervenes In ASUP Strike. / TASUED 1st Admission List Out, 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.