Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? (1218 Views)

Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? / Why Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? / Reasons People Dont Get Employed After Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by May22nd(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2013
My people in the house,please I want to find out why most organisations don"t call back applicants after the interview even though they( organisation} had already promised to call back- " we shall call you soon"
Re: Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by emerie200: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
maybe u didn't perform to there standard...
Re: Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by heed101(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
emerie200: maybe u didn't perform to there standard...
but at least they should tell the candidates so that he finds alternative.
Re: Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by adewasco2k(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
heed101: but at least they should tell the candidates so that he finds alternative.
sorry! they dont always do that, we will get back to you thats always the sentence. the truth is, if they dont get back then you didnt wow them or they found someone more qualified.

I totally understand how you feeling, i was once there, where you go for interview and the next thing you are already dreaming of resuming only for you to wait till ever! i remember that one time i went for an interview and to me i did just perfectly okay, i was so prepared for the job that i have even gone shopping.

Bottom-line, prepare very well for interviews there are always people who are better than you in one way or the other, look for you own point and develop on it and prepare how to present it in a way they can hardly resist.....that will always give you an edge against all odds.
Re: Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by stellayt(f): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
I REALLY DNT LIKE DAT WORD"WE WILL GET BACK@U" KEEPING SOM1 IN SUSPENSE... angry
Re: Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Its simple. They dont want to employ the person and this may be caused by various reasons.

1) Lack of personality

2 Lack of confidence

3) Not handsome or fine to an extent

4) Lied in their CV

5) Likes money too much

6) Inconsistent

7) Cannot perform

cool You are too powerful to be employed

9) They just don't like you and finally

10) The job is a scam and they already know who they want to give the job too. This rarely happens.

At the end of the day, favor can speak for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why That Most Organisations Don't Call Back After Interview? by Tonyblu(m): 9:10am On May 15, 2013
I was about opening a new post on this before I decided to search.

I think it's actually unprofessional for recruiting firms or HR depts not to call candidates after an interview.
Agreed, you possibly didnt "wow" them enough for them to hire you, but it'll actually help the individual's personal.

A few organization, however, call you; whether you are successful or not (one of these companies alread won "best place to work" award recently). They even go ahead to break it down for you; the sections you did well, and where you didnt do well.

After the initial shocking disappointment, it allows you to re-access your performance, your strengths and weak-points and if you want to further develop yourself; you will try to improve in those areas.

The annoying part is that when you "wow" some companies well, they will do all they can to get you; calls upon calls; emails, text messages, etc; just to get you on their team.

If you don't have much at stake, then you can adopt the "shakara" style: keep putting off the interview by forming busy, or dont return their calls. Chances are they'll eventually pick someone else.

And atimes, attending interviews can be a self-development process, if you dont have much at stake.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Front Desk Teller / Max Clothing Recruitment / I Need A Job As An Offshore Medic,site Medic,company Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.