Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Are The Poor To Blame For Their Poverty? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are The Poor To Blame For Their Poverty? (803 Views)

The Amazing Way I Got A Job With A Poor Grade / Help The Poor Boy / Free Legal Representatives And Lawyers For The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are The Poor To Blame For Their Poverty? by cronsberg: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
I was having this debate with one of my friends. He said in my state, majority of the people eat only once a day, and barely survives on less than a dollar a day. I immediately responded by saying they choose to suffer that way. here is my reasons

In in this 2013 in Nigeria whether we like it or not, there's a million ways you can earn a decent amount and eat atleast 3 times day
Before i list some of the options, let me say why i think those people think they're poor, and why they think god wished them to be poor, So even from the unset, they already have a defeatist mindset

a) Majority of the "poor" people only wants an office job, where they can simply sit on a chair and chat until closing time 4pm, and at the end of month recieve salary
b) From the onset, they already have a defeatist mindset thinking its god that made them poor, therefore nothing can change their situation.Well did god stop you from going out there and working hard to earn a living? Didn't god say, "try and i will help you?" Just get off your gaddam a.zz and look for somthing angry

Options available for "poor helpless people"
1. Majority of Nigerian states have a technical/skill acquisition programms. What stops you from going there to recieve training as a carpenter, mechanic, farmer, electrician e.t.c and they give you a grant at the end of the training to start your own biz.

2. If you claim you ain't educated therefore can't go for those, well you still got options: You can meet a practicing carpenter/electrician/plumber/tile layer/e.t.c and offer to help them on there projects/jobs while learning the skills in the mean time. You can work under a professional tailor while learning from him. You have endless options i tell you

3. If you claim to eat only once a day due to poverty, there still ways to make quick money to atleast eat 3 a day. E.g, Go and knock on houses or shops, tell them if there is any dirty jobs (Drainage cleaning, flower cutting,roof cleaning, trash bin emptying, just anything), you're up for the job. I bet you can get atleast 5 of those jobs a day, if you charge N200/job, thats N1000 a day. Thats ok for 3 average meals a day

4. And as my friend said "What about the poor widows with 5 children that have nothing and no one" . There is many micro finance banks that are there exactly for this kind of thing. Infact you can even borrow from a friend or family member to start a small akara business or something. Look, there is just always a way out. bottom line.

So as you can see, its not the lack of options or jobs out there, its a matter of attitude. Most people would rather sit and complain "god made me poor" , "There are no jobs available" e.t.c

Thats my believe anyway. I stand to be corrected
Re: Are The Poor To Blame For Their Poverty? by oluchijud(f): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Are The Poor To Blame For Their Poverty? by adim2(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
cronsberg: I was having this debate with one of my friends. He said in my state, majority of the people eat only once a day, and barely survives on less than a dollar a day. I immediately responded by saying they choose to suffer that way. here is my reasons

In in this 2013 in Nigeria whether we like it or not, there's a million ways you can earn a decent amount and eat atleast 3 times day
Before i list some of the options, let me say why i think those people think they're poor, and why they think god wished them to be poor, So even from the unset, they already have a defeatist mindset

a) Majority of the "poor" people only wants an office job, where they can simply sit on a chair and chat until closing time 4pm, and at the end of month recieve salary
b) From the onset, they already have a defeatist mindset thinking its god that made them poor, therefore nothing can change their situation.Well did god stop you from going out there and working hard to earn a living? Didn't god say, "try and i will help you?" Just get off your gaddam a.zz and look for somthing angry

Options available for "poor helpless people"
1. Majority of Nigerian states have a technical/skill acquisition programms. What stops you from going there to recieve training as a carpenter, mechanic, farmer, electrician e.t.c and they give you a grant at the end of the training to start your own biz.

2. If you claim you ain't educated therefore can't go for those, well you still got options: You can meet a practicing carpenter/electrician/plumber/tile layer/e.t.c and offer to help them on there projects/jobs while learning the skills in the mean time. You can work under a professional tailor while learning from him. You have endless options i tell you

3. If you claim to eat only once a day due to poverty, there still ways to make quick money to atleast eat 3 a day. E.g, Go and knock on houses or shops, tell them if there is any dirty jobs (Drainage cleaning, flower cutting,roof cleaning, trash bin emptying, just anything), you're up for the job. I bet you can get atleast 5 of those jobs a day, if you charge N200/job, thats N1000 a day. Thats ok for 3 average meals a day

4. And as my friend said "What about the poor widows with 5 children that have nothing and no one" . There is many micro finance banks that are there exactly for this kind of thing. Infact you can even borrow from a friend or family member to start a small akara business or something. Look, there is just always a way out. bottom line.

So as you can see, its not the lack of options or jobs out there, its a matter of attitude. Most people would rather sit and complain "god made me poor" , "There are no jobs available" e.t.c

Thats my believe anyway. I stand to be corrected

With all this assumed solutions you have suggested, do you think will make them rich. I guess you are not in nigeria that's why you sit there and type rubbish. If you know the effort an average man exact and how many hours a stays awake you won't call them lazy. That you are among the privilege few doesn't mean you should blame others for their woes. Maybe u don't even know how the elites/masses struggle goes i guess?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Xds Vacancies / Factory Workers Needed / Chat With Bank's Md

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.