Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out (31181 Views)

2015/2016 Unilag Postgraduate Application Begins / UNIBEN- 2012 Postgraduate Application Is Out. / Unilag. Postgraduate Application Forms, Any News? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by juliet9225: 5:56pm On May 24, 2013
kapela3: Hello....Please, has anyone submitted his/her application to the postgraduate office? I have sent my Transcript, signed the reference form and attached other required documents to my application. I applied for the Msc Business Administration. Does anyone know if there would be an entrance examination for this course?

Please anyone who has submitted his application should please hint us ASAP
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by juliet9225: 5:59pm On May 24, 2013
Pls hw do i send my transcript as im currently nt in benin
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by babasewen(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2013
2kurupt: @Babasewen. Do you have any idea what they mean by "Application PIN" written at the top of the Referee form?
application pin is d applicant Id or registration Number below ur pasport on d form
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by babasewen(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=juliet9225][/quote] @kapela3have u sent d ref form and other documents to uniben or what?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by kapela3: 7:15am On May 25, 2013
@Juliet 9225: All you need do, is to contact the Exams and Records Unit of the university you graduated from. Pay the prescribed fee, obtain the transcript form, fill it appropriately and get it submited to the appropriate quarters ASAP. In some schools, it takes few weeks to process, so I would advice you to apply for a transcript request in your previous school ASAP.

Once the transcript is ready, they will send it on your behalf through courier to the address(es) your provided on the form submitted, and a student copy would be issued to you for your personal record.

Note: The modus operandi of institutions in Nigeria differs from each other. To get accurate information, I advise you check with the Exams and record unit of the school you graduated from.

The above theory is based on the transcript request process in UNAD.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by kapela3: 7:23am On May 25, 2013
@ Babasewen: I haven't sent the reference form and other documents yet, but I have sent my transcript. I just wanna know if they have commenced submission so I can travel to Benin to submit mine as well.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by babasewen(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2013
kapela3: @ Babasewen: I haven't sent the reference form and other documents yet, but I have sent my transcript. I just wanna know if they have commenced submission so I can travel to Benin to submit mine as well.
ok where do u reside?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by kapela3: 8:12am On May 25, 2013
Lagos and you?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by carmelion(f): 9:58am On May 25, 2013
For those planning to go to Benin,don't bother anymore.I went to great Uniben yesterday to submit mine but I saw an announcement pasted on the notice board of the PG school.

It reads

"Please Note that only admitted students would be required to submit a copy of their application form,referree form.

Transcript should be sent to the Secretary School of Post Graduate Studies P.M.B 1184,Ugbowo benin City,Edo State."

So it means that all you need to do now is to submitt online and then forward your transcript through your University.
When they give you admission,you will be contacted via your mail.

I went to the bursary to make enquiries as regards school fees but didn't meet the personb in charge(friday things).But I asked some of the people I met there to give me an Idea.From the replies I got,it's from 100,000 and above!.So make una begin ginger your swagaa.

I wanted to get some pix but my phone battery was not in the mood.I hope to do so when next I go.I fell inlove with the school immidiately I stepped in.Enough noise,plenty activity cool.

I wish us luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by kapela3: 10:12am On May 25, 2013
@ Carmelion: Thanks for the info...God bless
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by juliet9225: 2:35pm On May 25, 2013
Kapela3 tanks so much 4 the info
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by Rich4god(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2013
@Camelion... Thanks for the info. But, hoe=w do we know if the transcript has reached UNIBEN, just in case if the my school fail to meet up with the deadline.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by youthofnaija: 12:19pm On May 26, 2013
I obtained my B.Sc. degree from uniben. And now, I have applied for the M.Sc. programme. So will there be need for me to request or send transcript? considering the fact that i graduated from the same school
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by mercilize(f): 4:48pm On May 26, 2013
@youthofnaija there is no need
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by youthofnaija: 9:11pm On May 26, 2013
mercilize: @youthofnaija there is no need
thanks mercilizer
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by martcrown: 10:10pm On May 26, 2013
Please can i still obtain the form and meet up with the admission process considering the fact that the deadline for the collection is almost reached.... I need a response ASAP.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by youthofnaija: 11:33pm On May 26, 2013
martcrown: Please can i still obtain the form and meet up with the admission process considering the fact that the deadline for the collection is almost reached.... I need a response ASAP.
YES you can. Applying does not take time( less than 20mins )
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by komzy589(m): 12:47am On May 27, 2013
Pls can one apply for pgd without nysc dispatch certificate?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by chisomlucky(m): 7:07am On May 27, 2013
Pls wots d deadline for submission of documents
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by 2kurupt(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2013
carmelion: For those planning to go to Benin,don't bother anymore.I went to great Uniben yesterday to submit mine but I saw an announcement pasted on the notice board of the PG school.

It reads

"Please Note that only admitted students would be required to submit a copy of their application form,referree form.

Transcript should be sent to the Secretary School of Post Graduate Studies P.M.B 1184,Ugbowo benin City,Edo State."

So it means that all you need to do now is to submitt online and then forward your transcript through your University.
When they give you admission,you will be contacted via your mail.

I went to the bursary to make enquiries as regards school fees but didn't meet the personb in charge(friday things).But I asked some of the people I met there to give me an Idea.From the replies I got,it's from 100,000 and above!.So make una begin ginger your swagaa.

I wanted to get some pix but my phone battery was not in the mood.I hope to do so when next I go.I fell inlove with the school immidiately I stepped in.Enough noise,plenty activity cool.

I wish us luck!

This will sound funny but permit me, I just want to be sure.

Were you referring to the 'final submit' button on the application site? What about copies of your supporting documents, when do you submit those?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by carmelion(f): 9:47am On May 27, 2013
2kurupt:

This will sound funny but permit me, I just want to be sure.

Were you referring to the 'final submit' button on the application site? What about copies of your supporting documents, when do you submit those?

Yes am referring to the final submit button.When you gain admission to the school,You will be contacted via your mail,the one you filled in during application.That is when you will submit those credentials.For now,only your transcript is needed.

youthofnaija: I obtained my B.Sc. degree from uniben. And now, I have applied for the M.Sc. programme. So will there be need for me to request or send transcript? considering the fact that i graduated from the same school

I met another lady that came to make enquiries concerning admission.She said she graduated from Uniben so there won't be need to request for transcript.But just to be on the safer side,you can check the school's website for any phone number to call.

Rich4god: @Camelion... Thanks for the info. But, hoe=w do we know if the transcript has reached UNIBEN, just in case if the my school fail to meet up with the deadline.

I forgot to ask them about that,but i think the PG school has a phone number(on the website).I wil have to check that out cos I need to fin out if my own transcript has reached too.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by carmelion(f): 9:55am On May 27, 2013
I also heard some departments would write exam.I am sure of business Admin and Management.Almost everyone wants an MBA,so they would use that exam to reduce crowd and make money too.This is naija.I also heard Engineering will write.I saw a lady when she bought the past question paper.I forgot to ask her how much.

Please do not relax waiting for the admission letter to enter your mail box.This is Nigeria o,do your thing.If you know anybody that make things faster,the better.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by blinkz4real: 10:06am On May 27, 2013
pls guyz wil it be acceptd if i jst send photocopy of my transcript 2 uniben pendin wen i get d original frm my sch?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by ishigawa(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2013
Pls does anyone know where I can get the past questions for MBA entrance exam?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by chisomlucky(m): 9:03am On May 28, 2013
Pls do anybody knw wen we r supposed to start submitting supportn documents lyk applicatn doc, referree, and oda doc... Reply urgently needed
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by kapela3: 10:23am On May 28, 2013
@ Chisom Lucky :- Peruse the thread
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by babasewen(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2013
blinkz4real: pls guyz wil it be acceptd if i jst send photocopy of my transcript 2 uniben pendin wen i get d original frm my sch?
try ur luck but for me i'll advice u not to bother sending photocopy but press 4 d original. Gud luck
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by gmolen(m): 12:38pm On May 28, 2013
The info given by Carmelion is very correct, infact, i was about posting same, but had to stop when i saw that she has already done that. I sent the hard copies of my documents, including the referees' reports to my younger one in Uniben to submit for me. On getting there today, the man in charge refused to collect, saying that it is only those that are admitted that shud make submission. My brother called and told me and i requested to speak to the man cos i was kind of suprised. He confirmed it and said that its a new development. He said all that is needed it just the online submission and transcripts. I used the opportunity to ask if they have taken delivery of my transcripts and he answered in the affirmative after asking for the tracker number cos my former school used DHL to send it. Pls, just ensure ur transcript gets there asap, it is vital to ur admission. Even if u dont have ur nysc discharge cert yet, u can stil apply since u will only need to submit it alongside other documents later after admission. Btw, the man told me admission list shud be out by october. God's grace to us all.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by babasewen(m): 3:27pm On May 28, 2013
gmolen: The info given by Carmelion is very correct, infact, i was about posting same, but had to stop when i saw that she has already done that. I sent the hard copies of my documents, including the referees' reports to my younger one in Uniben to submit for me. On getting there today, the man in charge refused to collect, saying that it is only those that are admitted that shud make submission. My brother called and told me and i requested to speak to the man cos i was kind of suprised. He confirmed it and said that its a new development. He said all that is needed it just the online submission and transcripts. I used the opportunity to ask if they have taken delivery of my transcripts and he answered in the affirmative after asking for the tracker number cos my former school used DHL to send it. Pls, just ensure ur transcript gets there asap, it is vital to ur admission. Even if u dont have ur nysc discharge cert yet, u can stil apply since u will only need to submit it alongside other documents later after admission. Btw, the man told me admission list shud be out by october. God's grace to us all.
gud 1 tnks a lot
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by ishigawa(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2013
gmolen: The info given by Carmelion is very correct, infact, i was about posting same, but had to stop when i saw that she has already done that. I sent the hard copies of my documents, including the referees' reports to my younger one in Uniben to submit for me. On getting there today, the man in charge refused to collect, saying that it is only those that are admitted that shud make submission. My brother called and told me and i requested to speak to the man cos i was kind of suprised. He confirmed it and said that its a new development. He said all that is needed it just the online submission and transcripts. I used the opportunity to ask if they have taken delivery of my transcripts and he answered in the affirmative after asking for the tracker number cos my former school used DHL to send it. Pls, just ensure ur transcript gets there asap, it is vital to ur admission. Even if u dont have ur nysc discharge cert yet, u can stil apply since u will only need to submit it alongside other documents later after admission. Btw, the man told me admission list shud be out by october. God's grace to us all.

Many thanks for the info. I have been having delays in getting my transcripts from my former school. I was informed it will be ready by thursday. With the deadline just a few days away, will it be possible/acceptable if I took the signed and sealed envelop containing the transcripts to submit in the post graduate office address stated? If the transcript is ready on thurday,I am worried that the postal service may not be able to get it delivered on friday. Any advice please?
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by Rich4god(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2013
Plz, when is the deadline for the submission of transcript.
Re: UNIBEN - 2013 Postgraduate Application Is Out by gmolen(m): 6:53pm On May 28, 2013
ishigawa:

Many thanks for the info. I have been having delays in getting my transcripts from my former school. I was informed it will be ready by thursday. With the deadline just a few days away, will it be possible/acceptable if I took the signed and sealed envelop containing the transcripts to submit in the post graduate office address stated? If the transcript is ready on thurday,I am worried that the postal service may not be able to get it delivered on friday. Any advice please?
One thing is almost certain, they will not accept the transcript from you if u go with it urself, it has to be forwarded by ur school. Therefore, i dont think u should go with it. One thing u could do is to liaise with ur school and let them send it tru DHL at ur expense, instead of the regular post office. Dis shud take a day or two for it to get there. Mine was about 2 days. Beside, i think the June 1st deadline pertains to the online registration, not submission of transcripts. From what they stated on the pg advert form, transcripts should get to the pg office not later than 8 weeks of the publication of the sale of form notice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Deadline For 2016/2017 Admission Exercise For All Schools / Classroom Under A Tree In Kwara Where Pupils Are Taking A Nap (Photo) / What Is The Difference Between School, Faculty And College?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.