Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning (31172 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
I'll be as brief as possible, Nairalanders. To tell you that kidnappers & ritualists exist & are on rampage is an understatement. What you need to be aware of is that they adopt different strategies to capture their victims. I'm going to share with you one approach so as not to fall prey to their antics.

I was at Law School busstop at about 6.30am today when I saw a cab & told the driver my destination. He told me to board. I noticed that there was a 'passenger' beside him & another one at the back. So I sat at the back.
Within 30 seconds of our journey, the young man beside me offered the driver #100 as transport fare. Immediately, the driver started shouting. The dialogue ensued between both of them:

Driver: How dare you offer me a hundred naira as transport fare? Aren't you the one that put that bag in the trunk? In fact you have a case to answer. Where did you get that huge amount of money from?

Passenger: (sobbing & genuflecting) please don't expose me. My boss died this morning. He was a Hausa man who ran a Bureau de Change business. He died after a brief illness. As soon as he died, my colleague made away with one of his vehicles. Because I don't know how to drive, I decided to make away with this money.

Passenger at the Front: How much is in the bag?

Passenger: 1.1 million dollars

Passenger at the Front: Oga driver, you know what? Let's strike a deal with the man. (Facing the Passenger at the back who at this point is already shaking like a jellyfish) Are you ready to share this money with the rest of us on this car?

Passenger: Yes sir!

All along I was quiet.

Passengersadthe one who 'stole' the money) We need a herbalist or witch doctor to help us make the charms ineffective because the last time I tried to touch the money, I fell down.

Driver: (Cuts in) that's no problem. We will get a pastor or a herbalist to destroy the charms.

At this point, the passenger asked for my views. To be candid, so many things were on my mind. I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for. On the other hand, I wasn't comfortable because if what the passenger said was anything to go by, & I partook in spending the money, I would have murdered Peace & Sleep.

Me: No true pastor will agree to be a part of this.

Before you could say Jack Robinson, the Passenger at the Front quickly offered to phone a herbalist that he claimed to know. Meanwhile the driver had taken the alternative route instead of going through the Toll Plaza. As soon as we got to a point, I told the driver to stop, I told him I wasn't interested, & immediately got out of the car & took a long walk.

To cut a long story short, when I got to work, I just hinted my colleague about my experience without going into details & guess what she said! She told me their modus operandi which tallied with what I experienced today.

So Nairalanders, I urge you to always take time to pray before you go out & be close to God. Put God first in all you do & be security conscious. May you not die untimely in Jesus' name & may God's grace be constantly available to you & your loved ones.

91 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Geomac: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
This trick is not new, thank God for everything.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by xynerise: 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
Geomac: This trick is not new, thank God for everything.
Exactly. They did this to my mum too. My mum jumped out of a moving bus but thank God she survived it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
A friend reported this same story to me way back in 2001.

So no be new format
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by emilyone(f): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Op are you a learner?

the trick is called one chance, nothing new about it.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by tasandra: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
may God expose dem shocked
@Op,i thank God 4 u..

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
tasandra: may God expose dem shocked
@Op,i thank God 4 u..

I say a big 'Amen!' To your prayer Tasandra. Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
xynerise:
Exactly. They did this to my mum too. My mum jumped out of a moving bus but thank God she survived it.
@Xynerise: Thank God for your mum.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
i don't understand how people board taxis and share it with other passengers. to the best of my knowledge, taxis are supposed to cater only for you and you alone.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
lol, this happened to me in ibadan.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
This one na copy and paste now, read this same exact story 6 yrs ago
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar: i don't understand how people board taxis and share it with other passengers. to the best of my knowledge, taxis are supposed to cater only for you and you alone.

@Coogar: I never said I boarded a taxi, did I?
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
deife:
@Coogar: I never said I boarded a taxi, did I?

deife: I'll be as brief as possible, Nairalanders. To tell you that kidnappers & ritualists exist & are on rampage is an understatement. What you need to be aware of is that they adopt different strategies to capture their victims. I'm going to share with you one approach so as not to become a prey.

I was at Law School busstop at about 6.30am today when I saw a cab & told the driver my destination. He told me to board. I noticed that there was a 'passenger' beside him & another one at the back. So I sat at the back.
Within 30 seconds of our journey, the young man beside me offered the driver #100 as transport fare. Immediately, the driver started shouting. The dialogue ensued between both of them:

Driver: How dare you offer me a hundred naira as transport fare? Aren't you the one that put that bag in the trunk? In fact you have a case to answer. Where did you get that huge amount of money from?

Passenger: (sobbing & genuflecting) please don't expose me. My boss died this morning. He was a Hausa man who ran a Bureau de Change business. He died after a brief illness. As soon as he died, my colleague made away with one of his vehicles. Because I don't know how to drive, I decided to make away with this money.

Passenger at the Front: How much is in the bag?

Passenger: 1.1 million dollars

Passenger at the Front: Oga driver, you know what? Let's strike a deal with the man. (Facing the Passenger at the back who at this point is already shaking like a jellyfish) Are you ready to share this money with the rest of us on this car?

Passenger: Yes sir!

All along I was quiet.

Passengersadthe one who 'stole' the money) We need a herbalist or witch doctor to help us make the charms ineffective because the last time I tried to touch the money, I fell down.

Driver: (Cuts in) that's no problem. We will get a pastor or a herbalist to destroy the charms.

At this point, the passenger asked for my views. To be candid, so many things were on my mind. I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for. On the other hand, I wasn't comfortable because if what the passenger said was anything to go by, & I partook in spending the money, I would have murdered Peace & Sleep.

Me: No true pastor will agree to be a part of this.

Before you could say Jack Robinson, the Passenger at the Front quickly offered to phone a herbalist that he claimed to know. Meanwhile the driver had taken the alternative route instead of going through the Toll Plaza. As soon as we got to a point, I told the driver to stop, I told him I wasn't interested, & immediately got out of the car & took a long walk.

To cut a long story short, when I got to work, I just hinted my colleague about my experience without going into details & guess what she said! She told me their modus operandi which tallied with what I experienced today.

So Nairalanders, I urge you to always take time to pray before you go out & be close to God. Put God first in all you do & be security conscious. May you not die untimely in Jesus' name & may God's grace be constantly available to you & your loved ones.

yes, you did!
you sat at the back of a taxi cab.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

yes, you did!
you sat at the back of a taxi cab or were you high when you wrote this story?

SMH. If you don't have anything meaningful & significant to contribute, why don't you just back off. I boarded a CAB. If you're really a Lagosian & you work at the Island you'll know that most drivers of private cars pick up passengers for an amount. The passengers are definitely more than one at a time.

17 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
deife:
SMH. If you don't have anything meaningful & significant to contribute, why don't you just back off. I boarded a CAB. If you're really a Lagosian & you work at the Island you'll know that most drivers of private cars pick up passengers for an amount. The passengers are definitely more than one at a time.

your english needs aid from united nations!
cab = taxicab! the only reason people use them is for some sort of privacy, not to share with other passengers. this is why it's more expensive than a commercial bus. you didn't board a cab - you boarded your death sentence!

12 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Chaulay1: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
Haba, this trick is as old as my grandma. I experienced it twice. It's only a JJC that will fall for it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by 299: 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
onechance.com
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
I literally laughed out loud when the poster said he didn't board a taxi he boarded a cab, I knew coogar was coming back for you. Anyway OP, someone has told a similar story like this on nairaland b4, I think its very popular method used by ritualist. Coogar in nigeria people share cabs oh!!
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Koolwilly(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
Old Format....On to the Next Please

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by denzel2009: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

cab = taxicab! the only reason people use them is for some sort of privacy, not to share with other passengers. this is why it's more expensive than a commercial bus. you didn't board a cab - you boarded your death sentence!

In Ibadan, taxicabs carry more than 3 different people. Some even lap each other.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

I know your type so well. Always seeking for attention. And concerning my English, why don't you let the people judge me. Indeed silence is golden.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
denzel2009:
In Ibadan, taxicabs carry more than 3 different people. Some even lap each other.

that's suicidal!
i would not get into such unless i am the only passenger he's taking.

steph7: I literally laughed out loud when the poster said he didn't board a taxi he boarded a cab, I knew coogar was coming back for you. Anyway OP, someone has told a similar story like this on nairaland b4, I think its very popular method used by ritualist. Coogar in nigeria people share cabs oh!!

that's critical....
people shouldn't complain then when they get mugged in rickety cabs in nigeria.

deife:
I know your type so well. Always seeking for attention. And concerning my English, why don't you let the people judge me. Indeed silence is golden.

next time, write your story clearly....
you got into an unlicensed taxicab - what do you expect from such arrangement?
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by SisiKill1: 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
I don't get it.

How would the kidnapping and ritual part have come play?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I don't get it.

How would the kidnapping and ritual part have come play?

the plot is to get their marked target to a witchdoctor's place
from then on, he would be hypnotised and taken to the back of a hut where the head would come off. this is like watching zack orji's blood-money or pete edochie in rituals

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by tyson55(m): 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Like others have said before me, this game has been in existence since like forever, it isn't new. But there are other people who might not be privy to the trick, just like the op. We learn new thing everyday init?
Op, thank God you weren't sucked into it, let as much people hear about it, so they wouldn't fall victim.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by deife(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
tyson55: Like others have said before me, this game has been in existence since like forever, it isn't new. But there are other people who might not be privy to the trick, just like the op. We learn new thing everyday init?
Op, thank God you weren't sucked into it, let as much people hear about it, so they wouldn't fall victim.
That's the spirit, Bro.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by SisiKill1: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

the plot is to get their marked target to a witchdoctor's place
from then on, he would be hypnotised and taken to the back of a hut where the head would come off. this is like watching zack orji's blood-money or pete edochie in rituals

One would have to be greedy and completely amoral to wanna share in the loot stolen from a dead person and agreeing to go to a witch doctor, yes?

If that's case, why are we worried about them getting their just desserts?

Off with their heads I say!!

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Rooneyboy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Anybody that falls for this their mode of operation must be an Idiut
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by overdrive(m): 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
No they are after money just trying to play on d op's greed.if they were ritualists a powdery substance blown on ur face u lose ur senses and u are gone be that.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

One would have to be greedy and completely amoral to wanna share in the loot stolen from a dead person and agreeing to go to a witch doctor, yes?

Then in that case, why are we worried about them get their just desserts?

Off with their heads I say!!

hahaha
many of the victims of such crimes have been told to look forward to their financial breakthrough this month by their pastors. what do you expect?

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by TableLeg(m): 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
xynerise:

Jumped out of a moving bus? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by SisiKill1: 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
coogar:

hahaha
many of the victims of such crimes have been told to look forward to their financial breakthrough this month by their pastors. what do you expect?

Even more reasons for them to lose their heads.

If it's not gonna be used. . .then why have it?!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage / Can You Catch A Cheating Husband By His Smell Alone? / How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.