Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! (1647 Views)

10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know / Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) / Why Is There Rainbow Around The Sun? |answered| (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 19, 2013
[img]http://global-4-lvs-seele.opera-mini.net/hv26-16/2136/0/-1/metrouk2.files./w=320/article-1290973996592-0b1aaba2000005dc-449333_466x367.jpg[/img]

The Sun has been legally
registered as the property of a
Spanish woman, who wants to
charge everyone for ‘using’ the
star.

‘There is an international agreement
which states that no country may claim
ownership of a planet or star but it says
nothing about individuals,’ Angeles
Duran said. ‘I am not stupid, I know the
law. I did it but anyone else could have
done it, it simply occurred to me first.’

The 49-year-old said she claimed
ownership after reading about an
American man who registered himself
as the owner of the Moon and most
planets in our solar system.

She has been issued with a title deed
from lawyers in the region of Galicia
that states she is ‘owner of the sun, a
star of spectral type G2, located in the
centre of the solar system, at an
average distance from Earth of about
149million km’.

Ms Duran, of Salvaterra de Miño, plans
to charge all users and give half the
proceeds to the Spanish government,
20 per cent to the nation’s pension
fund, ten per cent to research and ten
per cent to fighting world hunger.
And the last ten per cent? That’s going
straight to her bank account, she says.

[url=metro.co.uk/2010/11/28/spanish-woman-claims-to-own-the-sun-and-wants-to-charge-for-its-usage-593371/]SOURCE[/url]
Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by gunuvi(m): 2:54am On Apr 19, 2013
Ok, that's a welcome development. Thank God I have registered my ownership of the 'Air'. I am only just lenient I haven't started collecting my rentals from all living things.

Hey Madam, calculate $100M per seconds of every air you breath since I registered my ownership in 2000 till now and pls credit my company's account within 24hours or else ill withdraw my services and that's hell fire for you or you relocate back to your sun!

This world sha....

1 Like

Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 19, 2013
See the "owner" of the Sun

-

Hot property: Angeles Duran, 52, with her notary office document that proves she is the legal owner of the sun.
Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 19, 2013
Can you sue her if you get sunburnt? Or skin cancer. Don't forget Global Warming

Time to form the biggest class-action lawsuit of all time...it'll be bigger than the one against big tobacco... Add in to it too all the deaths from heat waves over the years caused by the sun...

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1252ha/til_a_spanish_woman_claims_she_legally_owns_the/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333776/Spanish-woman-Angeles-Duran-claims-owns-sun--plans-start-charging-ALL-users.html
November 2010.
Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by Pimples(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Creativity in Action...
Come to think of it, If we really had to pay for sunlight, some people would be in permanent darkness.

And I'll buy as much shares of the sunsmiley smiley

Thank God for sunlight
Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 19, 2013
This is an inspiration, only if I have way of owning Oxygen.
Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2013
Billyonaire: This is an inspiration, only if I have way of owning Oxygen.
and if we refuse to pay for using it?

1 Like

Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by waterspinach: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Oyibo too get excess time.... Notn wey pesin no go hear.
Re: Woman Claims To Own The Sun And Wants People To Pay For Using It! by kingk(m): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please oh! Who own the Sun before she was born?

(1) (Reply)

Made In Africa Remote Control Aircraft / The Big Bang Myth! / The Beauty Of IPTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.