Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? (3869 Views)

Poll: Music genres loves by Nigerians?

RnB: 33% (49 votes)
Rap: 16% (24 votes)
Rock: 5% (8 votes)
Gospel: 20% (30 votes)
Reggae: 3% (5 votes)
Dance: 11% (17 votes)
Pop: 8% (12 votes)
Latino: 2% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Type Of Dance Can We Call This Korede Dance In GODWIN / Nigerian Music Is Better Than America's / Enya's Music Is Satanic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by JUNIT1(m): 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2008
is it RnB, rap, rock, gospel, reggae, dance hall, which one guys, ok i'll say rap, because it touches me and i can relate to it's lyrics and the beat.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by TheSly: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2008
Different strokes for different folks. cool
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Tattooboy: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2008
Sure its a dance track. But i love Pop and blues
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by zigbo(f): 6:09am On Apr 10, 2008
i think for the majority, it's the dance hall kind of thing they like. But you know everything about Nigeria is so diverse.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2008
Thought it depended on the person tongue
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Chigotex(f): 11:14am On Apr 10, 2008
Nigeria is diverse in Culture, Language, Ethinicity etc. Music is not exceptional, Many christians would go for gospel, other for dance hall, others for rap while others for r&b. For me any good one that I can understand the lyrics goes. But I prefer R&B, gOSPEL AND SOME HIPHOP
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by delegiwa(m): 11:15am On Apr 10, 2008
I  can see that Obodo Oyibo (Yankee or wherever) don spoil una finish.  Which kain dancehall and all that?  Highlife jare!!!
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Harus(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2008
For me, it depends.
R & B at nights, when its raining or weather is cool and
Hip Hop on reverse condition.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by onyekang1(f): 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
its a matter of individual preference.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by pheesayor(m): 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2008
4 me it's r n b nd rap nd some types of highlife but most nigerians prefer dancehall with dirty languages
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by pheesayor(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2008
4 me it's r n b nd rap nd some types of highlife but most nigerians prefer dancehall with dirty languages
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by icezik1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2008
ROCK and RAP
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by javalove(m): 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
Its RAP all the way, i njoy some but of highlife and fuji too, why didnt u include fuji?
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Keziah(f): 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2008
Gospel, Hip Hop, Rnb and Raggae Dancehall
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by ogasnow: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2008
the music preference of modern day nigerians is complicated and this is as a result of a variety of influences. the truth is nigerians love good music even though most of them do not realise this fact. and good music for nigerians is hot, banging music. since good music cuts acrosss genre, then in a sense, there cant really be a most loved genre of music in nigeria. for example, a person hears nice's gongo aso and feels it, hears asa's jailer and bops to it, hears one of fatai rolling dollar's latest efforts and feels it and relates with almost equal love to saucekid's yebariba or modenine's mixtape material not forgetting his love for wasiu, ayefele or osadebe and most likely will still have his r.kelly and coldplay cds.   now you get it. such a person loves urban, soul, highlife, hip-hop, fuji/juju, r and b and rock. this is actually true in nearly all countries. thus the secret is this: most people love to listen to GOOD music in a variety of situations. good music equals hot, banging music irrespective of genre. if your music cant be described as the above then no one will listen to it , just ask eddy remedy. thus, despite a person,s claim to be a rap head, he/she will bop ty-bello's greenland any day over a wack [not good, not hot] rap song any day.
you's not sure of what constitutes a hot song; then let me be of some help with suggestions.
1. gongo-aso; nice. rating-blazing hot
2. fire on the mountain; asa. rating-blazing hot
3. fellow nigerians; mode-nine. rating-blazing hot
4. yahoozee; olu maintain. rating-blazing hot
5. picture me rolling; amaru shakur. rating-blazing hot
6. mobolowon; ski banj. rating-blazing hot
7. heaven i need a hug; r.kelly. rating-blazing hot
8. rock boys; j-hova. rating-blazing hot
9. i'm like a bird; nelly furtado. rating-blazing hot
10. triumph; wutang clan. rating-blazing hot
    i'd like to conclude that despite all that has been elucidated by yours truly, rap still remains a popular genre of music in the motherland. be cool y'all
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by AfrknKngs(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi,

I'm pretty sure y'all haven't heard about us (well maybe some of y'all have) but, we go by African Kings and thought we should let y'all know that we becoming the hottest Naija representers here in TEXAS!!! Our style is more like Crunk/Hiphop w/ a Naija twist, Yah digg?? What we want is for y'all to help us to spread the news everywhere, In other words we would really appreciate it if y'all stopped by and show us some love too :-), We juss released a new track called "Get in the Zone", Thanks and Stay Blessed y'all,

www.myspace.com/theafricankings
www.theafricankings.com

~We Are AKS~

Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by reindeer: 11:51pm On Apr 10, 2008
SACRLILEDGE!!!!
whoever posted those options without including fuji?
I dont think the poster has ever walked the streets of lagos,
where u wan put pasuma and his thousands of rooting conductors and bus drivers,
abeg include that and see a real poll cheesy
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by ThugLife1(m): 5:49am On Apr 11, 2008
reindeer:

SACRLILEDGE!!!!
whoever posted those options without including fuji?
I don't think the poster has ever walked the streets of lagos,
where u wan put pasuma and his thousands of rooting conductors and bus drivers,
abeg include that and see a real poll cheesy
lol
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by kabby(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2008
FUJI MUSIC angry angry angry
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by scarcy: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2008
i don't know about the others, but for me i prefer r&b and hip up
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by deejay1(m): 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2008
Rap, r n b and a bit of dance hall !!!!!!!!!!!!!! but rap is ma fav
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by packa(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2008
Why didn't the poster include (FUJI) in his option? I sure that's what everybody would have choosen. Cos right now in the music industry fuji music is selling like hell. U can imagine wat the likes of clubs,joints,motor packs e.t.c would become without fuji music.

To ans ur question I like dance hall music and rap.
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Scopium: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2008
[size=13pt]Odumodu[/size]
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by cutieexx(f): 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2008
Gospel !!!! grin
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by deola1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
U wanna sell then u gotta release a hit dance track.
e.g lorile, Shawo, Popodipo, Yahoozee e.t.c
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by zarazara: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2008
R&B, hip hop, gospel - Nigerian and international
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by eldee(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2008
Anything 9ice, be it Gongo Aso or Street Credibilty, Talen Dey Waste, anything 9ice
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by torture: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
ANY DANCE TRACK SELL.ASK P SQUARE,9ICE,RUGGEDMAN AND OLU YAHOOZEE
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by JUNIT1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2008
rock? in nigeria?
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Tattooboy: 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2008
J UNIT
rock? in nigeria?

i wonder o
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by SisiEko1(f): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[b]Gongo aso, kutupu ahu, anywhere I deh now
Gongo aso, kutupu ahu, any show I go now
Ajisebi Oyo Laari, Oyo o'shebi Baba eni kankan
I be double now, aiye nlo, e' o ri nkan

Verse 1
Gongo aso, you know am on fire no be beans talk
Gongo aso, you know eni foju ana woku ebora abolaso
This time no dulling
Everywhere weh i deh na party
Hennessy nlo, Moet nlo, Baccardi nlo
We no go stop, till the break of da dawn bebe nlo
Forget say you owe money
Call your pady dem make una join body
Chikitos deh there dem wan follow judi
Party jolly, jolly party,
Fidi gbodi, make u shark scordi
Make ur eye dirty
From now till eternity

Repeat Chorus

Verse 2
U be government worker u collect salary
Kamari kin ma gbomi gbin, kin ma jaye ori
Before i play lotto no be me
You know am ghetto solder
Kaaki no be leather
Every friday for sandra's bar
Laroda ojo that kain weather
Life is too short you know
Nobody knows tomorrow
Dance away your sorrow
Do like no tommorrow
Money speaking, speaking
Any idea waiting, waiting
Tin baje demi, aiye gbo oorun mo
Gongo aso

Repeat Chorus

Verse 3
Gongo aso, otiso, ewo ile ewo enu oko
Gongo aso, otiso, see people on the floor
Gongo aso, otiso, my personality no matter at all
Gongo aso, otiso, all i want is catch some fun
Gongo aso, tin ba nsile
Gongo aso, if i buy bentley
Gongo aso, kilode
Gongo aso, eje kin jaiye mi
Eje kin saye mi
Jaiye mi, saiye mi

Repeat Chorus

Outro
E juru, e juru, e juru, e juru
E juru, e juru, Mama e juru
9ice, u no understand
Bebe nlo[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Type Of Music Is Most Loved By Nigerians? by Coldasiyce(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2008
the average naija hit single only has a lifespan of about 4 months, maybe 8 max. how can u use a current hit to define the type of music u like, eldee?

(1) (2) (Reply)

B*r*e*a*k*i*n*g;radio Biafra Officially Launches FM Station In Rivers State. / New Video - Alingo + Happy Birthday Psquare / Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.