Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia (2308 Views)

How Can I Download Nigeria And Ghana Movie On My Mobile Phone ? / Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book / Baba Suwe To Shoot Movie On NDLEA Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2008
November produces film on Majek Fashek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Novia, the man who brought reggae musician, Majek Fashek’s career from the brink back into reckoning is ready to take many more giant steps in his quest to position the musician as one of Nigeria’s entertainment legend.
Convinced that Majek is an indestructible commodity, he has begun a move to produce a film on the life and times of the Edo-state born musician whose career suffered a terrible set-back a while ago. Novia would have a lot of experience to draw from following his successful production of a film on Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

This is coming at a time that Majek Fashek has dropped another mega single hit: Am Not Tired. This single, though pre-released in the 90s, is dedicated to the 800 souls that were roasted end of December during the oil pipe blast at Egbeda, Lagos. Majek Fashek, considered the voice of a disenfranchised generation, was on a performance engagement in Calabar when the unfortunate and preventable accident occurred. He quickly returned to Lagos and went to the studios to record this tribute. "This is very sad, my people burning like garbage, can you imagine human beings being roasted like goat, why did the government ran an oil pipeline in a densely populated area without evacuation and medical emergency plans in case of accidents as this, baffles me, my people died painfully. We must mourn them". Am Not Tired holds a lot of promise in the market. The single was recorded, mastered and mixed at Riverdale Records Studios, Ikeja Lagos. Majek collaborated with Nigeria's rising young and talented producer, Serge and music producer, Ed Jatto for this project.

The single hits the radio stations across the nation soon. The video is expected to air on TV stations afterwards. The single and full CD are being released by November Records and November Entertain-ment.
Before his return to U.S earlier in the week alongside his US/Africa manager Azuka Jebose-Molokwu, Majek thanked Governor Donald Duke and the people of Cross Rivers State for their hospitality and the privilege to perform at this year's Christmas Festival. "It was an honor to perform in this beautiful city, Just when Corporate Nigeria turned their backs on me, Gov Donald Duke and the people of Calabar stood firm and gave me a chance to showcase my creativity to this beautiful state, Gov Duke gave me a chance, He never doubted nor questioned my state of mind and I truly appreciate this".

source;http://www.nollywood.net/vbee/showthread.php?t=940

i saw this article and i was wondering to myself if majek's biography is a right project to undertake when nigeria has soo many stories that will make a good epic,besides he has been given several chances which he blew and i dont think he should be idolised by spending about 2 million dollars making a film about him(as reported on ait)please post your views if you think there are other worthy and eminent nigerians to make a movie about or if you think majek fashek is worth being made a film about
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by powerofmap(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2008
He's a great man sha, But don't think an high budget like that should be on a movie of such.We got lots of great story that can be re-make for the World to see.Femi Lasode or so did Sango, Sango can be re-make,story about the Oya,Osun,Jaja of Opobo and so can be re-make.
Instead of spending nonsense money to go to film festival without presenting a better film or not even get an entry.

Luca Bawo ni? Kilo Bo?
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2008
combrazor:

seriously . . . what kind of question is this?

has Majek Fashek lived an interesting life?

yes, he has.

could the story of his life form the basis for an entertaining movie?

yes, it could.

so-oooooo . . . what is the issue here? whether or not Majek's *moral* character is up to snuff for you?

you say that he has has many chances and has blown them . . . what does that have to do with them making a movie about him?

who do you think is more worthy of having a movie made about them? please tell.

there are a lot of people that have lived interesting lives who should be accorded that honour than majek fashek,and i dont really see his story as being that diffrent from thousands of others,because most of his contemporaries all travelled the same time and are still there for one reason or the other e.g victor eshiet of the mandators,mike okri,rub a dub master ras kimono amongst others,and i wasnt talking about his moral character and has to your question for a start fela anikulapo kuti deserves to be made a movie about far more than majek fashek,bobby benson,seal the nigerian born american superstar especially if you knew that he was living in nigeria at a point,was squatting with a guy actually,the suffering he went through and why he didnt come for his parents burial,shade adu and thats just a few while we have pa ogunde who was on the verge of a hollywood movie project before he died,eddie ugbomah amongst just a few hope that answers ur question as its not about hating on majek but if there are other people more worthy,charismatic both in life and death, go to fela's remembrance and you ll see how many people still celebrate it how many presidents have tens of thousands celebrating their remembrance
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2008
powerofmap:

He's a great man sha, But don't think an high budget like that should be on a movie of such.We got lots of great story that can be re-make for the World to see.Femi Lasode or so did Sango, Sango can be re-make,story about the Oya,Osun,Jaja of Opobo and so can be re-make.
Instead of spending nonsense money to go to film festival without presenting a better film or not even get an entry.

Luca Bawo ni? Kilo Bo?

i dey one side,wetin dey shele men
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by powerofmap(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
da Prof where have you been? Miss ya been busy too.
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by Seun(m): 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2008
why not someone that matters like abacha or ibb or ken saro wiwa? this is a mistake.
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2008
combrazor:

(i just realized that this article is more than a year old--i knew it rang familiar!--why are we even talking about this now?)

a year old?well i onli saw it on ait like 3 days ago and checked it out on the net.

combrazor:

Jesus Christ, i can't believe i'm engaging in this kind of discussion.

"there are a lot of people that have lived interesting lives who should be accorded that honour than majek fashek"

you talk like making a movie of Majek's life is some kind of national award or a state medal or something.

is the movie being made with public funds?

no, it is not. Charles Novia is using HIS OWN MONEY to make a movie about Majek Fashek because HE thinks it would make an interesting story.

if YOU think Seal's life, or Sade Adu's life or Ras Kimono's life would make a better movie, then what are you waiting for? gather together your own money and make your own movie about it!

you're talking like making a movie of someone's life is the Academy Awards where one person wins and everybody else loses. Charles Novia making a movie about Majek does not stop you or anybody else from making a movie about Seal if you think that's so interesting. (good luck convincing Seal to give you permission to make the movie though; i can assure you it will never happen)

and that's another thing: Charles Novia is Majek's manager, so obviously he has a vested interest in promoting Majek in a movie. furthermore, due to his unique business relationship with Majek he will be able to get access to Majek's songs to use in the movie.

(you're talking about making a movie of Sade Adu; i wonder if you know the money you would have to pay to license even ONE Sade song to use in the film will probably be more than the entire budget of the average Nigerian movie!)

so, my guy . . . by all means, make the movie YOU want to make. Charles Novia has seen the story he is interested in telling and he is willing to put his money where his mouth is. he doesn't need people like you to tell him that he "should" be making a movie about Eddie Ugbomah or Hubert Ogunde or Bobby Benson or RoyChicago or Patti Fucking Boulaye.

YOU can make those movies, since YOU find them interesting. unless you are the one sponsoring the movie for Charles Novia, let HIM tell the story HE wants to tell.

and by the way: you saying that "Majek has been given so many chances and blown them all" is even all the more reason why a movie about him would be interesting and even instructional for an audience.

dude,take it easy and dont take it personal,all i did was make my own views known and what u asked was if there were people that were more worthy of being made a movie about and i gave you some names , why r you ranting,didnt u check your earlier post and what you wrote before going off on one?
he has a right to make whatever movie with his money but i just personally think there are more dynamic,worthy nigerians who have contributed to the nigerian experiment than majek fashek,personally fela would be a better candidate than any of the afore mentioned as he ticks all theboxes and he has fans both black and white,in and outside nigeria and im sure you appreciate the fact that we r all entitled to our opinions smiley
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
Seun:

why not someone that matters like abacha or ibb or ken saro wiwa? this is a mistake.

ken saro wiwa would have been a good one as well,especially with the message he was passing across,the cause he was fighting for and what is happening now,so it ll be a movie as well as a political awareness thing
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hint: if the people who are going to watch the movie (i.e. us) think Majek is not worthy, then he's not worthy. UPDATE: You're right, it's a year old. Thank goodness the movie was not wasted!
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2008
combrazor:

so YOU make that movie.

Charles Novia wants to make a Majek Fashek movie and he knows why he wants to make it.

YOU think Fela would be a better subject for a movie. so MAKE that movie!

(the movie rights to Fela's life have already been optioned by "Hollywood" producers, though . . . so nobody's going to make a movie about him in the immediate future)

besides, you're talking about Fela . . . didn't Fela "blow chances" that were given to him? didn't Fela exhibit a lot of poor and irresponsible behavior that eventually led to his death and possibly the deaths of many other people who followed him?

why do you think THAT is so worthy of being honored?

obviously i cannot afford to make that movie or i wont be posting it on here but making my money talk for me,by all means he can as im just expressing my own view and as u can see with the few ppl that have posted on here you are the only one in agreement.

i dont know where the source of the hollywood producers optioning fela's mvovie rights came from ,but ill appreciate a source or link as i dont believe that.
well maybe you dont know felas history,but fela was the only authentic export on the same par as bob marley and only death and his family not being knowledgable about marketing and adverts of his memorabilia made him not as known outside nigeria as he should have been,he took strays,runaways and what not into his house and fed and clothed them ncludn giving them a job,and if you go through all his songs in the 70s,80s,you will know he can has predicted everything happening now in nigeria/africa,now i dont know what chance he was given and he blew but i think you v got him mixed up with someone else.

of course fela led a life that was not totally responsible but then when u look at his negatives dont focus on them but check out his positives as well and the impact of the man in nigeria,he has been fighting social injustice before the likes of them gani,falana and co,he left his comfort zone of a priviledged background and chose to chill with the common nigerians and fight for their rights when it wasnt fashionable to do so,and as to him being worthy of being honoured u need to check out the people that recognise and acknowledge fela worlwide,plus the fact that hollywood producers are even interested in the rights to his bio movie even though i v not heard that before has already answered your question,as they saw other nigerians before going for fela.

like the post above said,the general nigerians will be watching the movies and it ll be a shame if the film bombs in nigeria as im sure charles novia's backers will be wary of committing themselves again and if the total funds his solely his then im sure he ll be realli hesitant to commit such funds again and it ll be a waste.
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2008
well like i have been trying to reiterate all along in this thread,i personally dont think his life is interesting enough to warrant a film being made about him,neither do i think his story will make the basis of an entertaining movie(note that personally being the operative word here)if going by his life a talented reggea artise goes to the united states,hooks up with the wrong set of people and gets on drugs,soo many people try to help him out yet he goes back to the same old thing,and now he is back on the streets.

my personal view is just that,my own view,its left for charles novia if he feels that sure of the film for him to do it which i dont think he does IF YOU ASK ME as its been floating for a year like you pointed out,that should tell you something about the project.

i dont have the imdbpro account,will appreciate a link or some source tho if you do have to read up on it.

well then if you r writing a book about him,im sure you know that when it comes to fela's independence both artistic and in every other way,fela will rather tell any foreign record company to walk rather than compromise on his ideals and africanness,and i dont see any point here that contradicts or disagrees with my reasons for him not being as great as bob marley,marley may have compromised but fela not compromising doesnt mean he isnt on par with bob marley,personally that is some trait to be admired in a world where most people easily compromise at the smell of dollars or pounds.

dyu know how many people he was feeding,u r talking about him not paying them well,are they not living of the fela brand now there are many drummers better than tony allen but hes gotten so big in france because of fela,also fela's organisation if i can call it that wasnt about a profit making thing only like the sunny ades,and co, its a movement and ideals but i wont go into that as im sure you knw already,there was an incident i was told when bash ali was tryna spray him with dollars and he politely told him to sit down and as long as u r in fela's shrine,both white ,black,rich poor are all equal where can u get that,how long was the campaign for?hes gone past all that and done other stuffs after the campaign.

the whole thing about the whole song wasnt fela being irresposible,what he stood for all his life was his independent africanness,and thats the whole thing about the condom song,on the flip side how r bout the catholic church against the use of comdoms and other massive christian movements?
if u r on about that note of him dieing of aids,then u need to see his burial video clips which u might have come across where beko was telling all his fans that fela died of aids,so a lot of good has already come out of him dieing of aids and when u know fela's mix of followership,you ll know anything concerning him and beko making that announcement at fela's burial and in toher fela remembrance celebrations will reach more young ppl that any other public person both dead or alive,so yes that can be celebrated as well cause a positive came out of the negative.

stop getting all personal dude,if u r related to charles novia,im only making my own observations so i know its his biz waxx not mine,and he cant make a fela movie seeing as hollywood producers have the syndicated film rights?as u said
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by Seun(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2008
Never argue with combrazor. You can't win, and it doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong. wink
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by powerofmap(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2008
Comb n Luca what happening you guyz 're taking it personal why?
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lucabrasi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2008
@combrazor
dude,i thought you r a chilled out n sensible kinda person thats why i got into all these dialogue,but seems like you always get in a hump and spit out your bib if a discussion is not going your way,i wouldnt dignify all you have written with a reply of equal substance as i dont do insults and like i noted earlier you seem to be taking it personal,if we were standing face to face im sure you ll have gotten violent a long time ago so in order that you ll stop with the insults ill ignore the whole drivel and ill like you to know that in an intellectual discussion,and for something you claimed to have a knowledge of,shouldnt take you this much insults and stuffs to convince me or anyone on here considering im a nobody and a novice as it seems more like forcing your ideas down your listeners throats and apart from the imd pro thingy i havnt seen any shred of evidence to show that you know more than i do yet

Seun:

Never argue with combrazor. You can't win, and it doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong. wink

thanks man,im kinda new so guess im learning the ropes smiley

powerofmap:

Comb n Luca what happening you guys 're taking it personal why?

naw man,nothing personal as i dont know either the novia man,fela or any of the rest lol its all discussion s smiley
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by Seun(m): 1:00am On Apr 13, 2008
It's because you're only interested in winning and you never get tired. You don't care about the actual truth.
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by Seun(m): 1:20am On Apr 13, 2008
Okay! lipsrsealed
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by Seun(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2008
Why are they wasting their budget on celluloid? I won't shout o.
(I guess I feel jealous that I don't have such money to waste on my own movies.)
Re: 2 Million Dollars Movie On Majek Fashek By Charles Novia by lysaa(f): 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2008
Majek fashek isn't a road side raggae artiste so whatever is worth doing for him is worth doing well.

Wish you guys know this man, you won't spite him like You have done here. Its true everyone has got their own problems but that doesn't place Majek lowest in your standard of measuring greatmen.

Charles is no fool for attempting to embark on this project, he has his reasons. One thing for sure about Nigerians, we only know how to celebrate the dead, but the living, nah.

I personally think Majek is a living legend hence no amount of money spent on this project's worthless.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Play Naija Music/video Online / Where To Download All Movies And Shows HERE!!! / Lord Of The Rings Tv Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.