Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

- Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / (1331 Views)

Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by YoungGame: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
Good day nairalanders, please i've got an urgent question to ask regarding android phones and their wifi hotspot!

First and foremost, i have been using Nokia phones for a very long time and i think its time to join the moving train #android os! Due to android's durability, elegant and suphisticated apps i have decided to get my self an android phone (samsung galaxy s2 precisely).
Now to cut the long story short, my question is: what kind of wifi hotspot does android phones have. To the little i know, there are two types of wlan. Namely: ad-hoc and infrastruction. When i was using Nokia E73, i had an app called joikuspot which lets you share your symbian s60 internet connection with some certain ad-hoc devices like laptops and phones which supports ad-hoc. As some of you may know, some devices doesn't have ad-hoc capabilities and this made them unable to detect my joiku hotspot.

Now my question is: what kind of hotspot android phones have? Is it infrastructure or ad-hoc?? Because i want to get an android phone and would like to share my internet connection with my pc and bb.

Please fellow nairalanders i need urgent response(s).

Thanks in advance.

#YoungGame smiley
Re: by YoungGame: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
40+ views and no reply? embarassed
Fellow nigerians na wa for una o... If na tonto dikeh & cossy thread una go take comment spoil everywhere... #smh sad
Re: by physise(m): 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
YoungGame: 40+ views and no reply? embarassed
Fellow nigerians na wa for una o... If na tonto dikeh & cossy thread una go take comment spoil everywhery.. #smh sad
infrastructure is used for connecting to d internet
Re: by donlyone(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
Its wifi hotspot you can also share your intetnet via bluetooth on some android devices like the samsung galaxy s3
Re: by frebor(m): 1:13am On Apr 22, 2013
JoikuSpot requires Ad Hoc WLAN mode to
enable web connection and most of our android (and some other) devices can't connect to ad hoc hotspots. Joikuspot is not a "real" WLAN-Hotspot. Instead it uses the so called "Ad hoc" network to connect WLAN devices. This is due to a restriction in the Symbian OS.

The problem is that Android generally does not
support this WLAN "Ad Hoc" Network. Some
People have hacked their devices (rooted and
replaced system files) to enable "Ad Hoc" but
such a hack does not exist for all phones.

The Galaxy SII can create a infrastructure mode WiFi hotspot. Most Android phones that have 2. 2 or newer have this feature built- in unless it has been disabled. The Access Point is
infrastructure mode with WPA2 security, which most devices will connect to.
Re: by YoungGame: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
frebor: JoikuSpot requires Ad Hoc WLAN mode to
enable web connection and most of our android (and some other) devices can't connect to ad hoc hotspots. Joikuspot is not a "real" WLAN-Hotspot. Instead it uses the so called "Ad hoc" network to connect WLAN devices. This is due to a restriction in the Symbian OS.

The problem is that Android generally does not
support this WLAN "Ad Hoc" Network. Some
People have hacked their devices (rooted and
replaced system files) to enable "Ad Hoc" but
such a hack does not exist for all phones.

The Galaxy SII can create a infrastructure mode WiFi hotspot. Most Android phones that have 2. 2 or newer have this feature built- in unless it has been disabled. The Access Point is
infrastructure mode with WPA2 security, which most devices will connect to.
Thanks bruv smiley
Re: by frebor(m): 7:18am On Apr 24, 2013
u wc...

(1) (Reply)

Best Android PC Suite And Its Download Link. / Help Me My Fellow Nairaland And God Will Help U / Apple Sim: The Future Of Sims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.