Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me (2022 Views)

Achievement Of 6years 20million Subscribers Of Etisalat To Staffs / Gtbank Illegally Robbing Me Of N6,000 Currently Through Undelivered Airtime / Naira Now N166 To $1. Can Someone Tell Me What Is Happening? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by rareman(m): 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
Good evening nairalanders, pls I want to use this medium to compel etisalat to stop the deduction. Within this week alone I ve come realise that am just an ATM for etisalat and am sure they do it to others too.
On thursday precisely I bought a BB phone just because I want to avoide the pay as use data deductions on my nokia phone, I subscribed for bis complete, I got an alert that the plan has been activated. Though the message read "Welcome to blackberry complete voice plan" pls note that before subscribing I called their helpline who told me to dial *499*3# to get my desired plan.
After the welcome message I still get alert of deductions from my credit, I called their helpline again to confirm my stasus and to know why they are robbing me. After series of transfer of calls, I was assured that I am on complete data plan and was told to do on my phone to stop the credit deduction. What they said I did. Infact I did not load credit on that line untill this afternoon when I find myself in tight coner I needed to make call and I still have their unused recharge card. Immediately I loaded that without making any call I got another alert for PAYG data session. While I was fuming at that another alert came. (Even as I type this now am not using my phone I still get their alert.) I called their agent again with transfer of calls I was assured that they will look into it and that it will not happen again.
Infact the deduction is really crazy as in I have to switch off the phone when I on it again its all their mesages that I get. The most anoying part now is that you cannot even reach their customer service unit again.
I am using this medium because here is the only place I know I can get a voice may be somehow they will know they are hurting someone. I have called them twice and am not getting any result from them. They promised call, am yet to hear from them. What do I do now?
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by israel007: 9:45pm On Apr 20, 2013
Same here and they claim it whatsapp they are charging for. Even when I don't use it so I've stopped loading recharge there. I only use the line for bb
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by alexx187(m): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
It happened to me too,the only thing I did was to get an alternative line for calls n made sure I don't have a single naira on dat acc...chikena!!!
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by bigtt76(f): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
ETISALAT! ETISALAT!! ETISALAT !!! How many times I call you so? Stop robbing 'rareman' <holding my ears>!
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by onyeego(m): 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
Send a mail to: care@etisalat.com.ng ur issues will be resolved in 24hrs
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by NnamdiN: 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
those bast ards dey deduct my own too o . just exhaust the airtime and use ya bis. get a specific line for bb sha
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by rareman(m): 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
Thanks guys @ onye ego thank you I ll do as u suggest but my two calls to them is suppose to have earned me a reasonable response
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by israel007: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2013
rareman: Thanks guys @ onye ego thank you I ll do as u suggest but my two calls to them is suppose to have earned me a reasonable response

OH DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH FROM ETISALAT
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by rareman(m): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2013
@ isreal007 I guess am porting 1st thing tomorrow, do you know this guys are still sending alert of deduction even when I ve not received email and not used it for any service at all.
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by remecy(f): 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
I use to have same experience,but on the msg it also tells you that you can unsubscribe from the plan which i did, there was a code to send sms to. Read thru the msg,at d end of it,it gives you room to blackou,if you want to.
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by Kirinwa: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
I want to also use this medium to express my grievance at ETISALAT.I called their C.care and was told of double on promo and easy cliq plans.I switched from voice plan to double on only to get a SHOCKER!My 200 naira wasn't added to main account.I had to exhaust 400 naira before 11:59pm today and wasn't given 15mb.I won't believe them AGAIN!NEVER!!!
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by emmabest2000(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
THEIR SYSTEM HAS PROBLEM I GUESS
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by rareman(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2013
@remecy, at the end of the message it gors like this "*262*2# to turn off this service, well what that means to me is to stop sending you the alert but they will be de ducting from you secretly which is worst
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by rareman(m): 9:22am On Apr 22, 2013
Hello guys, today is the much awaited day of portability launch anybody here knows how to go about it, I am porting today. Who is in the same boat with me?
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by remecy(f): 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
rareman: @remecy, at the end of the message it gors like this "*262*2# to turn off this service, well what that means to me is to stop sending you the alert but they will be de ducting from you secretly which is worst

no it means to Deducting ur credit. You try it out 1st. It worked for me.
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by rareman(m): 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hey remecy just did that now, and here is what came up " dear customer you have successfully deactivated your last notification .... Thank you" like I said earlier they will continue the deduction with your notice. Its bad.
No news yet on portability launch
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Well jst go to ur netwrk connections-mobile netwrk-while roaming-off. Your money ws deducted because ur roaming was On.
Re: Can Someone Tell ETISALAT To Stop Robbing Me by Youngzedd(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2013
Etisalat worst provider to use, that is why I dumped my sim.

Should I talk about the call charges or BB wahala. Before you option out of bb daily plan, you need 200. 100 they will deduct immediately while 100 for the main migration making 200 bucks. To the extent I went to their office, the code they gave me isn't working.

No wonder they have the lowest customer in GSM network.

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Trucks Needed / Riot In Owerri / My Horrible Experience With UBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.