Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

9jahosting trouble - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 9jahosting trouble (2404 Views)

Trouble With Hosting Company. Recommendations? / Trouble With Javascript Code / Trouble Loging Into My Phpmyadmin Cpanel With Syskay Hosting Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
It was abt my web hosting

1 Like

Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 12:08am On Apr 21, 2013
When you moved your hosting to whogohost, what they probably did was to point the domain nameserver to the hosting account they created for you. They did not transfer the domain, so technically it's still in 9jahosting's jurisdiction. That's the mistake you made. Except of course you also paid whogohost for the domain as well as the hosting then they're to blame.

Your best bet will be to login into your domain control panel with 9jahosting and transfer your domain to another registrar. I want to believe you still have access to the your domain account. Don't tell me you don't.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:13am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva: When you moved your hosting to whogohost, what they probably did was to point the domain nameserver to the hosting account they created for you. They did not transfer the domain, so technically it's still in 9jahosting's jurisdiction. That's the mistake you made. Except of course you also paid whogohost for the domain as well as the hosting then they're to blame.

Your best bet will be to login into your domain control panel with 9jahosting and transfer your domain to another registrar. I want to believe you still have access to the your domain account. Don't tell me you don't.
i hv not login since i.transfered that domain last september.
Even if am able to login,how do i transfer it?
thanks for your response
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:15am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva: When you moved your hosting to whogohost, what they probably did was to point the domain nameserver to the hosting account they created for you. They did not transfer the domain, so technically it's still in 9jahosting's jurisdiction. That's the mistake you made. Except of course you also paid whogohost for the domain as well as the hosting then they're to blame.

they did not request any payment for the domain name doing the transfer.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 12:16am On Apr 21, 2013
antontech: i hv not login since i.transfered that domain last september.
Even if am able to login,how do i transfer it?
thanks for your response
If you can still login, just get the EPP key from inside your account then go to the domain registrar that you want to use and choose to transfer your domain and if they exist you a for a key just give them the EPP key. It's that easy. You have to do it fast cos transferring a domain can take days and you'll not be able to transfer it if you have few days left to expiration.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:19am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
If you can still login, just get the EPP key from inside your account then go to the domain registrar that you want to use and choose to transfer your domain and if they exist you a for a key just give them the EPP key. It's that easy. You have to do it fast cos transferring a domain can take days and you'll not be able to transfer it if you have few days left to expiration.
where can i see EPP code at the cpanel please?
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 12:19am On Apr 21, 2013
antontech: they did not request any payment for the domain name doing the transfer.
This implies that they deceived you by pretending that they were transferring your domain along with your hosting to their account or you had the impression. It's also possible that all they did was to direct the domain to their hosting nameserver.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 12:21am On Apr 21, 2013
antontech: where can i see EPP code at the cpanel please?
It varies from registrar to registrar because they have different GUI's. But i believe you should be able to see a link that says something like "get EPP code". at least that's what that of namecheap says. What domain registrar did they register your domain?
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:26am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
It varies from registrar to registrar because they have different GUI's. But i believe you should be able to see a link that says something like "get EPP code". at least that's what that of namecheap says. What domain registrar did they register your domain?
i dont know,am trying to login to my cpanel with the details that 9jahosting gave me but its invalid,only the whogohost own is working.I can get the code from there?
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 12:38am On Apr 21, 2013
antontech: i dont know,am trying to login to my cpanel with the details that 9jahosting gave me but its invalid,only the whogohost own is working.I can get the code from there?
Note that your hosting cpanel is different from your domain cpanel. It seems to me as though you're logging into the hosting cpanel instead.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:41am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Note that your hosting cpanel is different from your domain cpanel. It seems to me as though you're logging into the hosting cpanel instead.
i cant login with the details i hv here
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2013
All i was giving was domain hosting cpanel details.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 12:51am On Apr 21, 2013
antontech: i cant login with the details i hv here
You need to ask for your doman username and password.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:58am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
i cant get this 9jahosting people,thats d problem
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 12:59am On Apr 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
if i get this username nd password,where will i go to input these details
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 1:11am On Apr 21, 2013
antontech: if i get this username nd password,where will i go to input these details
In the doman panel off where your domain is hosted.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by TownBoy2233: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
antontech: if i get this username nd password,where will i go to input these details
Get a domain registrar and reorder the domain name ...then input your epp code, also ensure that you have access to the email you use in your previous hosting... then wait 4-24hr for confirmation, 9jahosting use whm.. just access your account on 9jahosting... under the account info..you click unlock domain, then copy the EPP code
Id transfer more domain and hosting during my life..though am still a geek
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
Town-Boy2233:

Get a domain registrar and reorder the domain name ...then input your epp code, also ensure that you have access to the email you use in your previous hosting... then wait 4-24hr for confirmation, 9jahosting use whm.. just access your account on 9jahosting... under the account info..you click unlock domain, then copy the EPP code
how do i get d epp code? thats d major problem.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
Town-Boy2233:

you should know i currently hosting d domain with whogohost.pls how do i get this epp code
Re: 9jahosting trouble by TownBoy2233: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Also MarketWise: backup your website then order .net or .ng, redirect your url, put your folder there and notify your customer ahead of time that you have move, all your file will still be intact, then reorder your domain once it expired then put your files back.
You wont lose anything your site pr is still 0,
Re: 9jahosting trouble by yamakuza: 12:13am On Apr 25, 2013
antontech: you should know i currently hosting d domain with whogohost.pls how do i get this epp code

who changed your nameservers for you when you switched hosts?

the same person can help you create a Domain Secret (EPP equivalent on the Directi platform) and also unlock your domain by disabling Theft Protection.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 10:47am On Apr 25, 2013
yamakuza:

who changed your nameservers for you when you switched hosts?

the same person can help you create a Domain Secret (EPP equivalent on the Directi platform) and also unlock your domain by disabling Theft Protection.

whogohost did everything.but they said i must inform 9jahosting to transfer the domain to a user id they created then they can proceed from their.they said they cannot do anything unless 9jahosting transfer it.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 10:26am On Apr 27, 2013
I have contacted them and Mr. Nkem said he has sent a request for the domain to be transfered.Thanks everyone for a advices, i really felt at home.
I will update once its done
Re: 9jahosting trouble by maillawale: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2013
I really pity you for being a victim of a web fraudster. I have had a similar experience with Ifiok Nkem, the ceo proton web. That was when I wanted to start bulksms business like you but the reason why mine was not as complicated as yours was because I did not register the domain with them, I only pointed my nameservers to them. I couldn't stay with them for up to 3 months before I pointed my nameservers back to where it was registered. This is because hardly will their epileptic web hosting will not go off within a week.

About the bulksms not sending. I'm sure they have given you smsafrique.com API otherwise check you API and tell me the one give to you so that I may know if I can help because smsafrique has stopped operating since December 2011 after dupping lots of people through what they called Xmas Promo (I am also a victim with about 20000 units unused sms).

MY ADVICE
First consider you money a waste because you have partnered with a dubious company (proton web)

Secondly, register and host a fresh site with your desired hosting company or contact me for a fresh domain, sms component and web design and get your bulksms site ready within 5 days. My email: maillawale@yahoo.com
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
maillawale: I really pity you for being a victim of a web fraudster. I have had a similar experience with Ifiok Nkem, the ceo proton web. That was when I wanted to start bulksms business like you but the reason why mine was not as complicated as yours was because I did not register the domain with them, I only pointed my nameservers to them. I couldn't stay with them for up to 3 months before I pointed my nameservers back to where it was registered. This is because hardly will their epileptic web hosting will not go off within a week.

About the bulksms not sending. I'm sure they have given you smsafrique.com API otherwise check you API and tell me the one give to you so that I may know if I can help because smsafrique has stopped operating since December 2011 after dupping lots of people through what they called Xmas Promo (I am also a victim with about 20000 units unused sms).

MY ADVICE
First consider you money a waste because you have partnered with a dubious company (proton web)

Secondly, register and host a fresh site with your desired hosting company or contact me for a fresh domain, sms component and web design and get your bulksms site ready within 5 days. My email: maillawale@yahoo.com
Am not.using their now.its just the domain,i plan to go to their office next week if its not resolved,i cant loose dat name for anytin
Re: 9jahosting trouble by veetubes: 1:18am On Apr 28, 2013
naija business
Re: 9jahosting trouble by yamakuza: 4:42am On Apr 28, 2013
antontech: whogohost did everything.but they said i must inform 9jahosting to transfer the domain to a user id they created then they can proceed from their.they said they cannot do anything unless 9jahosting transfer it.

thats very true.

you cannot transfer from one Directi client to another the same way you transfer to a different registrar.

the domain would have to be pushed internally from one account/reseller to the other.

glad to know everything is okay now.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by antontech(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2013
Mr Nkem has successfully renewed my domain name.Dealing with him personally showed me dat he is not dat bad person,just dat he doesnt normally hv time.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by Afam4eva(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2013
antontech: Mr Nkem has successfully renewed my domain name.Dealing with him personally showed me dat he is not dat bad person,just dat he doesnt normally hv time.
Great. But i'll advise you to start now to think of hoz you will transfer your domain so tht you'll be the one managing it.
Re: 9jahosting trouble by buziy(m): 11:12pm On May 14, 2013
hello if you are not happy with your hosting provider you can try http://rockghana.com its a free webhosting company with fast and reliable server give it a try

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!!! Having Problem Accessing Offerup / Closed - Out of date / MTN Network And Cpanel Login Errors. Any Fix?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.