Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? (709 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / The Touching Story Of A Widow And Her Tithe... / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by fitzmayowa: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2013
After hearing pastors preaching about tithe and offering, I just wonder why does a christian really need to pay his/her tithe.

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by mysticgal(f): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
it's a commandment given by God.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
^ NO! A Christian is different from the Jews. Christ cancelled the laws that separate Jews and Non-Jews and made ONE NEW MAN in HIMSELF, not governed by the law of Moses for the Jews ONLY. The law of Moses (Torah) is NOT meant for Christians but ONLY for the Jews. There's ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE in the New Testament for Christians to tithe, none but rather, Hebrews 7 writes to the Jews who were still practicing Judaism to come fully to the Grace of Christ and abandon legalisms of the law of Moses. Hebrews 7 cancelled tithing also.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
Christians are not meant to tithe. Tithe doctrine in christianity is a false teaching derived from twisting scriptures.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by mysticgal(f): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
say whatever you want i will still tithe.lemme tell it's a commandment and it must be kept.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by mysticgal(f): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
day
i go 2 heaven nd God tell me notin lyk tithe,i wil ask him to give my
money,den i wil b a millonaire,dan me going dere nd b told dere is
tithing nd spend eternity in hell.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: say whatever you want i will still tithe.lemme tell it's a commandment and it must be kept.

grin grin grin Nothing do you o my sister. We don't 'force' on people, we 'teach & preach' the word and allow God to do the rest. The same God who commanded it to the Jews, also cancelled it to Christians.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by mysticgal(f): 4:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
no qualms,buh not even toture can make me stop paying my tithes.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: day

God doesn't put people in hell for not tithing sweerie. The sins that God judges are clearly stated in scriptures and I didn't see 'non tithing' listed therein. Take your time sweerie, and study more on the word. What God blesses is Grace based giving.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by mysticgal(f): 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
ok what ever,buh goshen you get followers oh,abeg find me some
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: ok what ever,buh goshen you get followers oh,abeg find me some

grin grin That I might point them all to the RESURRECTED CHRIST and to the saving power of God and then allow God Spirit mature them unto the coming of our dear Lord & Saviour.

Again, the Christ that died represent the law of Moses, in the flesh and died to fulfill the law that we might be MARRIED TO ANOTHER, THE RISEN CHRIST OF GRACE. Romans 7
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
There is such a thing as a Religious Spirit. That is what the above quote shows. Paul in Colosians 2:23ff said 'Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self imposed worship, their false humility, and their harsh treatment of the body, BUT THEY LACK ANY VALUE IN RESTRAINING SENSUAL INDULGENCE' In other words, the religious spirit would make you find security in what you do for God and not what he has done for you(grace) - which leads to His Spirit working in us and reforming our Character. For bearing the fruits of the spirit is all the law that the NT Christian is called to keep.
Not tithing, not going to church, not deliverances, not revival programming... etc but bearing his fruits. Which the Spirit does through us and not via religious duties as these thing cannot restrain sin - sensual indulgences.
So whether you pay your tithe or not, how does that help you become a better, holy, fruit bearing person.

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: it's a commandment given by God.

you heard a God give that commandment? MUMU

bliv any cock and bull you read or are told.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
Pastor Kun: Christians are not meant to tithe. Tithe doctrine in christianity is a false teaching derived from twisting twisted scriptures.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by CrazyMan(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: day
Don't you think its absurd for God to put you in hell simply because you didn't pay your tithe?

If you must know, your sins which you've refused to admit and confess is what would lead you to hell and not whether or not you pay your tithe.

If you sincerely want to obey God's word, then stick to your bible and refrain from following your pastor's lips.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by mysticgal(f): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
pagan u are caling mumu,can i see you no,so stop hitting hard on yourself,biko leave me to my tithing,you dont want,your headache,me i love tithing,i will do tithing.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: ok what ever,buh goshen you get followers oh,abeg find me some

@Goshen I just checked out your profile to confirm this statement and I must say your number of followers is indeed very impressive. It definitely means you are making a big impact on this forum. May God continue to bless and inspire you.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by truthislight: 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
v
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by truthislight: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

@Goshen I just checked out your profile to confirm this statement and I must say your number of followers is indeed very impressive. It definitely means you are making a big impact on this forum. May God continue to bless and inspire you.
grin

I think it is about 1,000,000.
Lol.
Re: Why Does A Christian Need To Pay His/her Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight: grin

I think it is about 1,000,000.
Lol.

grin grin grin....You are my brother in this race and a co-labourer with Christ. We will preach this gospel of grace until revival hit our nation.

(1) (Reply)

The New Xbox One Will Be A “monitoring Device Under The Guise Of A Gaming Consol / What Is Serpent / Are Adam And Eve In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.