Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Seun, Programmers Please Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Seun, Programmers Please Help (674 Views)

Php Programmers, Please Help!!! / Programmers. Please Explain To Me The Concepts Of API. / programmers Please Help A Friend on visual basic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Programmers Please Help by Taiw(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2013
I want to design a forum just like nairaland from scratch and i need help on how to start and where to start
1. I need someone to help me break down this project in stages/phases (i want to use a phasal approach to complete this project)
2. Help me with a well-detailed requirement gathering.
3. Give me ideas, links on how to design the database. I intend using sql
4. any other additional information will be welcomed.
I plan using asp.net and I've got some great ideas that will make it different from other forums out there. So its going to be a massive project which should be completed before the year comes to an end.
Your inputs will be highly appreciated by me and to those who would also want to do a forum of their own.
Re: Seun, Programmers Please Help by maimoha: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2013
9ce idea
Re: Seun, Programmers Please Help by spikesC(m): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
Go and learn web development or employ someone to do it for you.

www.spikesinteractive.com would be more than happy to cool
Re: Seun, Programmers Please Help by Taiw(m): 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
maimoha: 9ce idea
i just finished a book on web development... I just need a guide on how to go about it
Re: Seun, Programmers Please Help by Nairaplus(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Start dissecting Nairaland into bits and pieces. i.e. System Analysis. Identify all objects and relationships, etc.
Then, draft an Entity Relationship Diagram for your hypothetic database. Tweak until very well normalised.
Design the front end.
Script the design.

That's how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Do They Match? / Programming / Gurus Please I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.