Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. (602 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? / Is Any Thing Wrong Singing The National Anthem In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by susan4u(f): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
In a church I started worshiping wit, I noticed that the National Anthem and d pledge was recited immediately after praise and worship, jus before d service proper. Personaly, I rly felt uncomfortable doing that inside the church. What's your take on that. Should the national anthem b recited in d church? Is it biblical? Is that level of patriotism nt taken to the extreme?
NLanders, wats your view on that?
Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by Gboliwe: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
In my church, we recite it but it isn't a regular thing, and I am yet to see anything wrong in it
Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by Akpangbon: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
You are looking for everything biblical. Is everything in your life biblical?

1 Like

Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by obyrich(m): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
invite me to ur church
Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by susan4u(f): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
Akpangbon: You are looking for everything biblical. Is everything in your life biblical?

I was asking a simple question, and I expected reasonable people to respond. So pls jus shutup, if U̶̲̥̅̊'ve got notin reasonable to say
Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by susan4u(f): 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
Gboliwe: In my church, we recite it but it isn't a regular thing, and I am yet to see anything wrong in it

well I didn't say anytin was wrong wit it. Its a new experience for me and it was so unsual seeing that in d church bt hopfully, I wil get use to it wit time.
Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by Akpangbon: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
susan4u:

I was asking a simple question, and I expected reasonable people to respond. So pls jus shutup, if U̶̲̥̅̊'ve got notin reasonable to say

Of course it will be unreasonable to you. Holier than thou sinner.

1 Like

Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by susan4u(f): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
Akpangbon:

Of course it will be unreasonable to you. Holier than thou sinner.

You are so delusional. What has the topic got to do wit been "Holier than thou sinner". Pls shut d crap up, cos U̶̲̥̅̊'ve got notin reasonable to contribute to this post.
Re: Reciting The National Anthem In The Church. by okeyxyz(m): 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
reciting the national anthem and pledge in church is simply rubbish!! and abuse of doctrine. This church has no idea what it means to be spiritual. They fail to separate between "ceaser(secular allegiance) and God". While we are mandated to practice both, we must also keep them separate, else we turn church into an arm of government.

(1) (Reply)

A New World Order. / Pastors Collecting Tithes, Are Liers, Says Femi Aribisala / Televangelist Pat Robertson Says All Men Cheat & Blames The Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.