Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) (3128 Views)

Do You Know You Can Be Successfully Self-employed? / Nollywood Writer's Search Talent Hunt / Get Employed Within Two Day Of Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 22, 2013
Your individual skill is your source of wealth and a sure bet of being known worldwide. Its better you practice what you are good at, especially ur INDIVIDUAL SKILLS/TALENT, if that opportunity opens up to u though and if u have one anyway but you should have one, just rediscover yourself and check yourself thoroughly, because everyone is born special with one or more inherent skills. Because even the degree(s) that u earned in school is meant to enhance, brighten & sharpen your inherent skill(s), its not compulsory you practice what you studied, it MIGHT not even take you to your dreamed anticipated peak. Afterall most famous people of this world, did, practiced & pursued what they knew how to do best & it fetched them million of dollars, those people ain't better than us when they were at dis youthful days of ours I can tell u, all they did was to harness their talent and did what is known as practice & repetition inorder to master it and make it an habit. Let's harness ours too cos if you don't build your dreams/goals, someone or people will hire you to build theirs.
Pls tell me how soon you are going to save a million dollar and worth like a meagre two million dollars if you take up a governent job or worked for the so called oil companies? Even some of us didn't fill d course we did in school back then, we jst landed there. If you know you can preach, don't wait endlessly for God to call you before you start your ministry, forget it, he has called you already, its u that has turned a deaf ear to him, don't u know? The bible even said it in Proverb 18 vs 16 that "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men" There is a saying that "all fingers are not equal" but don't allow yours to be short. Your talent is easy to learn & easy to do for you, you learned it so easily & do it so naturally that you almost forget when and how you learned it in the first place. This is where you are the most likely to do the best job, get the best results, and to be paid the very best. Its not that am discouraging peeps not to practice wot they did in school, am just talking from my generall view of LIFE . Who knows, your course could be your talent too taking you beyond limits and could take you to any level you might think of. Make your passion your work then work will become play. I know everything in this life is vanity, but we should not just come to this world & go like that without impacting & been felt. Some people would die, even d whole of their street wont know whether they are dead or not because they ain't aware of their existence either, while some people would die and the whole world would hear and sober for them. U'll live an average person life your entire life if you don't harness your talent or don't couple more than an extra thing with that thing called degree (s) that u re holding. Please let's widen our horizon, be ourself, be original & definitely the sky would be our starting point & not our limit.
The following people buttress my point. These people are either on their own or had harnessed their talent. They are all household names because you aint that successful until your name becomes an household name.
1. David Beckam - world known footballer worth 260 million dollars
2. Lionel Messi - A great soccer talisman worth 110 million dollars
3. Usain bolt - Fastest running human worth 20 million dollars
4. Angelina Jolie - A renowned actress and film director worth 120 million dollars
5. Micheal Phelps - World Perfect swimmer worth 40 million dollars
6. Jayz - A song tycoon (rapper) worth 440 million dollars
7. Ellen degeneres - A world scintillating show presenter worth 90 million dollars
8. Brian Tracy - A fascinating writer worth 15 million dollars
9. Aliko dangote - Sophisticated rich black man (Nigerian business mogul) worth 16.1 billion dollars
10. Bill gates - World Computer (Microsoft) guru worth 67 billion dollars
11. Michel Obi - A Nigerian and Chelsea footballer
12. Reinhard bonnke - A German Evangelist
13. Don Moen - American Soul touching singer
14. Dr Robert Rey - A Brazilian cosmetic surgeon (plastic surgery) in a private practice worth 15 million dollars
15. Serena Williams - A gifted tennis player worth 85 million dollars
16. Myles Munroe - A motivational speaker
17. Brad Pit - A celebrated actor and film producer worth 180 million dollars
18. Rihanna - A famous pop & hip hop artist (singer) worth 75 million dollars
19. Russel Brand - A notable stand up MC & comedian worth 15 million dollars. And the list goes on and on like that. I don't know if I have made small sense and someone else reasoned the same way with me
Re: Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by lordizak(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2013
Well, U did. but if U want to make a frontpage next time try. "Who wore it better" or a topic concerning tonto dike or jim iyke. I am just saying......
Re: Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 22, 2013
lordizak: Well, U did. but if U want to make a frontpage next time try. "Who wore it better" or a topic concerning tonto dike or jim iyke. I am just saying......

Frontpage is not my priority, its just a compliment if my works go there. My priority is that a reasonable people should grasp my writing, if that can be achieved in this section, then am satisfied
Re: Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by Folubaba(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nice one bro
Re: Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Folubaba: Nice one bro
Thanks bro
Re: Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by rapmike(m): 4:04am On May 03, 2013
Guy, i love singing and my voice ain't bad, how do i start smthing? serious answers please
and how easy or otherwise is it to publish books in nigeria? i have the flair and some ideas but i need concrete help here
Re: Harness Your Talent/skills Or Be On Your Own (self Employed) by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 03, 2013
rapmike: Guy, i love singing and my voice ain't bad, how do i start smthing? serious answers please
and how easy or otherwise is it to publish books in nigeria? i have the flair and some ideas but i need concrete help here
Write down ur lyrics, then go to a recording studio & produce ur song. If u want to publish a book, take ur manuscript to a publisher or a printing press, then ur works can come out as a book

(1) (Reply)

Home Alone. / Is Wole Soyinka Dead / What Type Of Magazine Will You Like To Read- National Reading Culture Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.