Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs (39878 Views)

Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial / Joke Silva & Olu Jacobs Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary / Olu Jacobs And Patience Ozokwor Back To School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by lekanolas: 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
Joke Silva, an award-winning veteran Nigerian actress and film director, is one of the celebrated screen goddesses of the Nigerian movie industry. She is the wife of Olu Jacobs, who is also a veteran Nollywood actor. She started acting way back in the 80s when she featured in the popular TV soap operas such as Mirror in the Sun, Second Chance, Mind Bending, Tight Rope, to mention a few. In this interview with Adaeze Amos, she unveils Olu Jacobs, talks about her lifestyle and how she copes with stardom.

You are now looking younger than your age, what is the secret?
God’s grace.

There must be some beauty rituals you stick to. Maybe facial exfoliation and cleansing; right?
I don’t do such. I was joking with one of my sisters that we should go and start doing such things. Especially, this one that 60 years old women are looking younger than we are, we have to go and start doing beauty treatments or the facial exfoliation you just mentioned (laughs).

There is high rate of divorce in Nollywood and your marriage has lasted the test of time. What are you doing right?
Let me ask you; is the rate of divorce in the movie industry more than the ones in the other industries? Have you taken a census of what is happening with lawyers? With doctors, with nurses? You don’t know. Everybody keeps talking of the divorce in the movie industry because we are the ones in the limelight. I refuse to agree that there is high rate of divorce in the Nigerian movie industry. And then, my marriage which you said has lasted the test of time is not exceptional. It’s just that we are the ones that people tend to know. There are so many people that have been married years much longer than ours’. There are marriages that have stood the test of time and they abound in other professions. And mind you, making your marriage stand the test of time doesn’t mean enduring all sorts of brutality. I wouldn’t support the fact that because you want your marriage to last, you put yourself under physical and emotional battery. If it is not working, get out fast.

Do you find time to cook for your husband?
Well, what we have in my house is different from the way culturally, Nigerians expect women to be. My husband has always enjoyed cooking from the day I met him. So, I have never been someone that was pressured to always cook, I have never been. I cook when I want to. If there is something in particular I want to cook, yes, I could cook, or if there is no one else to do the cooking, I will do it. But when I had a cook, she was the one that used to do it.

How have you been able to keep your marriage?
It is by God’s grace. It is not as if we didn’t have our own challenges. We had a lot of them but God’s grace has been in abundance. His mercies have been so amazing that we have been able to surmount the challenges. We have been able to realise that without letting go of who we are, we are sole responsibilities to each other. We are one nucleus family, my husband and I, including my children.

Can you give a toast to your husband?
Yes, why not. Olu Jacobs is a troublesome human being (laughs), he is amazing, he is charming, he is caring. Olu would work so hard to take care of his family before even remembering himself. In fact, he is an amazing man and I have been blessed.

Any pet name? what does he call you?
That depends on his mood. Sometimes, he calls me ‘Omo’, sometimes he calls me ‘honey’ or any name that comes to his mouth depending on how he is behaving at that point in time. Sometimes, I call him his full name and when I do that one, you know there is ‘Wahala’ (laughs). But he is a wonderful man. He is full of life and fun.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/my-husband-has-always-enjoyed-cooking-so-joke-silva-veteran-actress/

7 Likes

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Ebiexy3: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
interesting!
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by tinuolababy(f): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
she's my favorite Nigerian Actress

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by willienaji: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
OLODO. why is she posting this na? lolz, she is trying to defend herself oooooo. lolz. joke silva, we all know u ma. loooolzzzzz
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by gluv01(f): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
willienaji: OLODO. why is she posting this na? lolz, she is trying to defend herself oooooo. lolz. joke silva, we all know u ma. loooolzzzzz

Well you have your thoughts to yourself, and a right to say it. But being rude is a NO. Learn that wink

4 Likes

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by willienaji: 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
gluv01:

Well you have your thoughts to yourself, and a right to say it. But being rude is a NO. Learn that wink
being rude to who na? Joke Silva? she was already being rude to herself when she said those rubbish she said on to the press about marriage, posting this whole interview doesnt make any difference, the deed has already been done. WE DEY HERE.
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by 5alive(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
wher is her diagram

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nigerians and their assss licking jounarlism....
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by pillzthadrugz(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Great couples.......had it been ramsey noah got married to omotola they would have been next on the line........but all thesame...... someone should tell 2face to learn something from this couples no matter how small.... Nigeria's Abraham.

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
Oh I love the joke sylva nd olu jacob,and I love their marriage too. How I wish the other actors nd actresses can emulate the evergreen marriage of joke nd olu jacob,but instead they chases wind and vanity. (Igbeyin lon ye oloku ada)

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Oshiite: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
ARES: Nigerians and their assss licking jounarlism....
very disgustlng,dont mind them,backyard journalist
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by dagentility(f): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
One of my best nollywood actress

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
anyone can cook, just as anyone can do the dishes or clean the bathroom
but i dont want to be doing the dishes while you change channels.

no way!

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by dom(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
She strikes me like an arrogant woman. met at a united nations event last year. Didn't quite like her attitude in real life and her manner of approach.. On TV, she's Ok.

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by ninja4life(m): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
5alive: wher is her diagram
lol na biology class u dey no be only diagram na image.lmao
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by megareal: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Humans lead two lives. The one presented to the public as opposed to who we are behind close doors. I can never base my conclusions about a person on their public persona..

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by premlove(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
da-gentility:
One of my best nollywood actress
c as u just dey lie last week na tonto dis week na dikeh hmmm GOD is watching u
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
This interview is old and recycled

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by lilslim(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
ARES: Nigerians and their assss licking jounarlism....
Journalism
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by emeraldtopaz(f): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
undecidedc y'all naija guys beefing d old woman who has bn married 4 more dan 30yrs wtout scandals wen some of u cant even hold a relationshp 4 more dan 6months.bloody losers!!!

5 Likes

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Yhemmy11(f): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
ninja4life:
lol na biology class u dey no be only diagram na image.lmao
maybe he/she want to label it(the diagram)
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by AlabaSlim: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Great couples.......had it been ramsey noah got married to omotola they would have been next on the line........but all thesame...... someone should tell 2face to learn something from this couples no matter how small.... Nigeria's Abraham.
2face shld learn what? I bet u he is BETTER than most of us who hav alwayz been throwin away our seme.ns thru condom...@least 2face doesn't need VIGILs, PRAYERs,FASTINGs or DELIVERANCE for children.
As regardz marriage/divorce, we hav had & sti havin doctors, nurses, accountants, lawyers, etc filing 4 divorce each & every hour so bro tell us ur prob wit 2face...
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by cowgurl: 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
Don't I just love this icon of a lady kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Ama28(f): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
I admire her choice of word and command of good english!
She said it all, marriage is not easy for anyone especially those on lime light!
God help us!

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nicepoker(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
tinuolababy: she's my favorite Nigerian Actress
who asked u
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nicepoker(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
smothly: Oh I love the joke sylva nd olu jacob,and I love their marriage too. How I wish the other actors nd actresses can emulate the evergreen marriage of joke nd olu jacob,but instead they chases wind and vanity. (Igbeyin lon ye oloku ada)
are u leaving wit them?
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nicepoker(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
smothly: Oh I love the joke sylva nd olu jacob,and I love their marriage too. How I wish the other actors nd actresses can emulate the evergreen marriage of joke nd olu jacob,but instead they chases wind and vanity. (Igbeyin lon ye oloku ada)
are u leaving wit them?.
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by Nicepoker(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
webdezzi: anyone can cook, just as anyone can do the dishes or clean the bathroom
but i dont want to be doing the dishes while you change channels.

no way!
when u start searching 4 ur partner 4 many years without luck. U wil certainly force ur self on one who changes channels 24/7

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by nwgoziri(m): 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
No pix?.....i dnt knw her
Re: An Interview With Joke Silva On Olu Jacobs by ddippset(m): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
she kept on saying 'he's a good man', ' he is amazing' but she never said ' i love him'. just curious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Has Nobody Acknowledged The "Okada Man" In Olajumoke's Famous Photo. / Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Indifferent About Marriage (Photos) / Powede Eniola Lawrence Gets Engaged (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.