Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. (3492 Views)

Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks / My Friend's Under Arm Blackheads Solution. / How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2013
Most of you have the notion that blackheads are dirty and caused by accumulated dirt on the skin or poor hygiene, so you think scrubbing your face will solve the problem but it won't. Blackheads are just a product of oxidization in the facial skin which results in the accumulation of oil (mostly containing keratin & modified sebum) in the sebaceous glands. So, don't stress your face or cause damage to your skin by over scrubbing it.

There are ways to get rid of black heads which is basically by exfoliation but using different products.
This helps to clean out the clog in your pores by dissolving and washing them out. The various types of exfoliating agents we have are Glycolic acids, AHA (alpha hydroxyl acids), Salicylic acid, Succinic acids, BHA (beta hydroxyl acids) and they are found in creams, lotions, potion, soaps, toners and oils.

* Pull or pore strips also help ''reduce'' blackheads but they don't control or target the major cause or origin of the problem, so this is a temporary treatment that can be used once in a while.
* Toners also help cleanse pores but the problem with this is the alcohol content which can cause an irritating effect to the skin especially for people with sensitive skin.

Most of us have used products containing these agents and still haven't been able to control our blackheads or stop them from appearing on our faces. Well some of the agents I listed above (Glycolic acid & AHA) are found in exfoliating products but aren't strong enough to clean the pores of the skin so they only work on the surface and are best used by people with normal, aging and sun damaged skin.

To clear or get rid of blackheads completely, you need something that can go under your skin to clear and minimize the clog especially during oxidation, so look out for different products that have mostly Salicylic acids, Succinic acids and BHA in them. These agents have 100% exfoliating effects.

PH Effect
The PH of these agents also play a vital role in its effectiveness. Sometimes we might buy these exfoliating creams or lotions but handling it wrongly (exposure to air) could increase its PH (5 & above is not acceptable) therefore causing a reduction in its potency.

Over cleansing, striping or scrubbing your face when you have blackheads could cause other skin irritations, so I advice that you should be careful in your plight to beautify your skin and not cause more damage to it. Also, be careful when choosing the beauty product you think might suit your skin, so you don't end up using something that will make it worse than it was.

For those of us who like using or would prefer to use pull/pore strips but find it hard to get one, I have a bonus homemade recipe for you wink

How To Make Your Own Pull/Pore Strip
All you need is; 1 Table spoon of liquid Milk, 1 table spoon of unflavored jello & a container (microwavable)

Steps
* Scoop 1 tbs of milk into the container
* Add 1 tbs of jello to the milk and stir.
* Put mixture in the microwave for 10 minutes
* Allow to cool and apply on your nose or any part you want to remove excess oil
* Peel off after 5 minutes once its dry

Very simple and easy to make right? Very affordable and stress free also. The picture bellow shows what the homemade pore strip looks like after you take it off.

Thanks a lot for making out time to read my post, will be awaiting your comments and please don't forget to share with friends.My blog address is: www.perfectmelange..com

~Perfect Mélange~

1 Like

Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by park007: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
Good job.

Can u recommend a good exfoliating brand.
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thanks
A combination of Neutrogena clear pore cleanser and Black opal pre-fade cleansing bar works wonders. I always recommend it all the time
park007: Good job.

Can u recommend a good exfoliating brand.

1 Like

Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by park007: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Many thanks
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
You're weLcome.
park007: Many thanks
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by ChloesMakeover(f): 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Please where can I get this neutrogena cleanser in lagos? It seems as scarce as water in the desert!

Thanks
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
You'll find it in any cosmetic store in lagos island, yaba or ikeja or even others around where you live.

Chloe'sMakeover:
Please where can I get this neutrogena cleanser in lagos? It seems as scarce as water in the desert!

Thanks
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2013
ℓ̊ agree with chloe's makeover,that neutrogena stuff is indeed difficult to get!! What if ℓ̊ use avon? Wnt that work?? Thanks! And also,shuld this be used daily along side my daily facial cleanser? Am just sick of these black heads and my oily face isn't helping matters!! Many thanks!
Perfect Blend: You'll find it in any cosmetic store in lagos island, yaba or ikeja or even others around where you live.

Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Avon is good too bt I'm not so familiar with it. It should be used daily but not with any other cleanser. Its best not to use more than one cleansing product at a time. That's why I said you can pair it with the blackopal cleansing bar.trust me, after using this products u face will change and b blackhead free.

naanxie: ℓ̊ agree with chloe's makeover,that neutrogena stuff is indeed difficult to get!! What if ℓ̊ use avon? Wnt that work?? Thanks! And also,shuld this be used daily along side my daily facial cleanser? Am just sick of these black heads and my oily face isn't helping matters!! Many thanks!
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ok then! Am gonna try and search for neurtrogena cos ℓ̊ know how that works,ℓ̊ use the cleanser and its really good!! How much does the soap cost and where can ℓ̊ get it? Thanks!!
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 6:10am On Apr 29, 2013
You are getting it wrong, I meant Neautrogena cleanser & Blackopal soap. Check the pictures again. smiley
naanxie: Ok then! Am gonna try and search for neurtrogena cos ℓ̊ know how that works,ℓ̊ use the cleanser and its really good!! How much does the soap cost and where can ℓ̊ get it? Thanks!!
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Perfect Blend: You are getting it wrong, I meant Neautrogena cleanser & Blackopal soap. Check the pictures again. smiley
uhm,no! ℓ̊ tink u misunderstand me! ℓ̊ use neutrogena deep cleanser. This is neutrogena oil eliminating bla bla! Excpt u'r tellin me they perform same functions! Btw,you said nothing about the soap! smiley
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by PerfectBlend(f): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2013
Oh sorry! I missd the "deep cleanser" thought u were talking about the oil eliminating.

naanxie: uhm,no! ℓ̊ tink u misunderstand me! ℓ̊ use neutrogena deep cleanser. This is neutrogena oil eliminating bla bla! Excpt u'r tellin me they perform same functions! Btw,you said nothing about the soap! smiley
Re: Blackheads & How To Get Rid Of Them. by Iluyomade776(m): 5:20am On Aug 01, 2021
PerfectBlend:
Thanks
A combination of Neutrogena clear pore cleanser and Black opal pre-fade cleansing bar works wonders. I always recommend it all the time

Please which one should be used first?

Should I use the black opal pre-fade first before using the Neutrogena or vice versa?

(1) (Reply)

The Best Hair Relaxer In Nigeria / Throwback Jerry Curl Thursday / Who Is Your Fashion/style Icon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.